Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rahvin
there are wires coming out of the object, so i guess it's no bottle of anything or grenade. i wouldn't say it's surely a condenser, no matter how ancient a condenser might be, either, simply because most of it is hidden by the girl's hands. does anyone have a link to pictures of condensers, by chance?
Ok, ok, the blame's on me once more :rolleyes: since I didn't check carefully enough. The term 'condenser', though very near to the italian technical term ("condensatore") is veeery rarely used in english, and is almost not technical at all. The exact technical term is "capacitor" and it's essentially a tool created to generate an electrical tension (yeap, just like a battery, only more generical). It's usually cylindrical and with the two "poles" sorting out from one side of it. A typical image with various shapes of capacitors can be seen at http://www.wolfftanningbedsandequipment.com/images/capacitors.jpg but also putting "capacitors" in google and shifting to the image search :)

Sorry again for the imprecision of my comments :)

Alfred (and half-awake)

Originally posted by Alfred
Ok, ok, the blame's on me once more :rolleyes: since I didn't check carefully enough. The term 'condenser', though very near to the italian technical term ("condensatore") is veeery rarely used in english, and is almost not technical at all. The exact technical term is "capacitor"

chupi. i'm sure your correct use of the dictionary will be appreciated by that guy on the thread that was deleted last night. :D
let's say it's a capacitor. can it be used to make dolls move, for instance?

rahvin. (couldn't fathom)

"jelly bears" would do. we actually have those in italy.

hyena (i'll never want to walk alone, i'll never want to see the sun come down, and it's all because of bu)

let's say it's a capacitor. can it be used to make dolls move, for instance?
It can be used to make anything electrically-powered move, including electric dolls. But that's not the point, of course ;)

Alfred (recharging)

can it be used to make dolls move, for instance?
I doubt it could help them if they hold it in their hands :D

Siren (loves physics)

Maybe the boy killed the dolls by ripping out their electronical hearts...

A human holding his own heart... now that's an idea for a painting...

It's been done.

Anyway... This is an originally Norwegian comic printed in a very popular Swedish paper, then scanned and translated by someone, then "corrected" (last sentence) by me. I think it's funny. Gotta have some self-distance. :p

pondus_blackmetal_english.jpg

Hmm... human hearts... that would be a cool painting to see... well, I could never draw so that isn't a good idea for me to try to create that... effect (with drawing or otherwise)... :p

That comic strip is hilarious...

that strip is the product of a pacified, quiescent society unwilling to admit that the great lord of the dark is the only true freedom for those who stand high amongst mankind. :(
and it was funny, too. ;)

rahvin. (i curse thee)

Status
Not open for further replies.