Playing Enhancements

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
Just recently one of my guitar students was asking me if I ever take illicit substances before I play. The heaviest drugs I consume are coffee and occasionally alcohol. Never smoked pot, done speed, or trips or any of that stuff.

He brought it up because a friend of his who's seen us insisted that we we're on speed!:)

So I said that I don't - which is the case, but it got me wondering if any musos out there do stuff like that, and if they find that it helps them or hinders them.

There was an adelaide band - no longer around - that used to do some hardcore stuff, and they played like absolute monsters. But the drugs tore the band apart.

I feel the only musician to ever work well with drugs is Dave Mustaine. I reckon he wrote his best material when he was fucked up on them. I think he's probably the exception to the rule though.:)

i found it VERY hard to belive anyone who said they wrote there best shit while they were high ...
usualy it's they just say that to Give you shit about not taking it .
i don't Use ANYTHING . don't even smoke cigies .....
i Drink shitloads of Tea thu .....

But , you gotta take your music seriously "if you are serious" , and just like you don't go to your day job with a fucking JD and a tin of pot , you should be doing the same for your music ....

In fact , i dare anyone to take Drugs of any kinds and get themself high and then do a Full on show without mistakes , and write tunes and remembering how to play them again ...

Lets just face it ..... it's really not true lol ....
but to those who think so .... i Wonder how long you'd last before you go down and take everyone down with you ..... it's a matter of time ...... and there are Greath EGs out there lol :rolleyes:

if i ever see any of you fury boys doing it , you'll be so in an intervention like you won't belive lol .... READ MY WORDS lol ....

Cheers ... :)

Originally posted by Maelstrom

So I said that I don't - which is the case, but it got me wondering if any musos out there do stuff like that, and if they find that it helps them or hinders them.

I really cant understand how it would help them :confused: They may think it is helping them and in the begining yeah it might , but what goes up must come down and in the long run it can only hurt them ...... :erk:

the only drug i use is caffeine. i drink a shitload of Coca-Cola, never used anything else. dont believe in drugs.....they are the most evil thing on the face of the earth

You have to be so focussed to do what we do (we, as in Fury, Dungeon, and other fairly technical bands) so any drugs would be a dumb idea if you want to go out and give your absolute best performance, I think!

each to their own i say, i've tried everything at one time or another , but they're all shit for enhancment without 100%dedication to your music
that's not saying drugs are good for you, but damn i love my weed!!:Smokedev: :Smokedev: :headbang: :headbang: :loco: :Smokin: :zzz: