DigiPacks...

• Love'em... they represent a true collectible

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Hate'em... their creator should be placed in a medieval torture device

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Don't know... I am amongst the 6% of undecided voters every election season

Votes: 13 12.3%

• Total voters
Digipacks are totally cool! I voted YAY. Why wouldn't a collector like the Digipack????

Inferior packaging. Any bonus material could just as easily come in a double jewel case or external sleeve.

The fact that they are not as durable AND yes Zod, if they break you're screwed I agree, you can always replace a jewel case. My point is as a collector the digipack looks nicer. What I normally do when I buy my cd's is I take the original cd, copy it on a cdr as a play copy and shelf in a display case the original...I keep my original copies for collection so they never get beat down.

I hate digipaks more than rap music. I hate that they also rub against other cd's when stacked and eventually the cover art will start to fade. Sometimes getting the booklets out tears the case. What is worse than digipaks.....long dull opening intro songs to almost every folk, power, and viking metal band CD. After 1 time I never go back to listening to them.

If you can actually see, touch and physically pic you digi pack, they are ok. However, as 95 % of our cd purchases these days seem to be online, buyng digi packs is scary indeed. I've got quite a few through the mail that looks like hell.

Jewel case all day long for me.

I'm indifferent. Some of them look and feel cheap. Compare the digipack Gamma Ray reissues to the jewel and slipcase Helloween reissues and the difference is striking. On the other hand, some can be quite nice, like the Evergrey special editions from InsideOut and anything that holds 2-3 discs (the last Journey album, for example).

I despise digipacks, period! The worst digipack of all time goes to Symphony X Paradise Lost. I've been tempted to buy the jewel case to simply replace this piece of crap, but I can't bring myself to spend money on something I already have. :Smug:

~Brian~

I like them.

Especially some of the new ones that seem to be more durable... Anathema's Hindsight is a good example... I love Jeff Buckley's Grace (deluxe edition) that come with a plastic slipcase.. Nice protection for a nice package. (HA!)

Hate them for durability,although they do have some cool design possibilities that jewel cases don't. Doesn't stop me from buying them when no alternative is available. Still voted HATE! :Smokedev:

I don't care for them either.

As someone said, when the 'teeth' holding the CD in break -- and they seem to break in digipacks far more easily than in jewel cases -- you are fucked.

While many of them fit okay in the same slots as jewel cases, many others don't...either too thick or (egads) too wide and tall.

Also, CDs in jewel cases can be easily removed and placed in CD books along with their liner notes and the backing sheet. Digipacks, not so much.

They look cool but they pretty much suck otherwise. It isn't going to matter much longer anyway. CD's are on the way out. They will still be made, but much the same way vinyl is now. Collector type stuff and I would imagine the digipack will win out in the long run.

They suck! I have the new Poodles cd and taking the dam cd out between the cardboard has it all scratched now.