Poll : Whitesnake for PP Headliner?

Would you like to see Whitesnake headline ProgPower USA

• Yes

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.3%

• Total voters
I, as a guitarist and crew member, would love to see and work with Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich....
However, I saw them in Hartford on the last tour, and though the band was great (Tommy Aldridge kicks ASS on the drums- plays like he is still 25 - and he is no spring chicken,) but Coverdales was out of gas 3 or 4 songs into the set...
Not sure what I'd expect top see if they could/would/do play

The Fiddler said:
Simple question. Would you like to see Whitesnake headline a night at ProgPower? Forget about if it's even possible or not. Hypothetically, let's say that they would play PPUSA if invited. Do you like them enough to see them as a headliner?
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I am all out of vomit...can I use some of yours?

Yea. Aldridge and Aldrich stole the show headlining at Bang Your Head fest this past summer. I thought Whitesnake was pretty good despite their set being cut short because of a curfew. They opened with "Burn" which was a big surprise.
At PP, I'd prefer someone else though. Whitesnake makes their rounds in the US every couple of years I think.

It's not like I don't like these guys, but, they aren't a fit for the festival, would draw WAY too many new people (making it so a ton of returning people can't get tickets and 850 people are there just for Whitesnake), and come on, they already have a billion live albums and play just about every other festival in the world, we don't need them here.

That pretty much sums up what I was thinking -- why have a band that plays fairly regularly at fests, when we could shoot for something really special, or for a band that more closely fits the prog or power genres? One of "our" bands, basically....

And....we DID kinda have Whitesnake a month ago. :)

Don't get me wrong, Whitesnake is one of my all-time favorites, but not for ProgPower dude. I want to see bands that I normally can't see for ProgPower.............with the exception of Savatage of course. Savatage is welcome anywhere and anytime! :heh:

I don't want to see over the hill acts like Whitesnake, the Scorps, Accept, etc. I want prog power to consist of up and coming prog/power bands, and bands from other parts of the world we don't typically get a chance to see here in the US. I want the prog power bands to be bands that are fresh and/or at the top of their games. I don't want to see bands that are churning out decades old music.

Britt

Definitely not. Saw them years ago an that was enough for me. Not the right kind of band for PP. If PP was to host any classic bands it would have to be someone who is more closely aligned with the theme:

Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Savatage, Helloween, King Diamond, Metal Church, etc...

No,no,no,.. they should do a tour with the scorps & dokken again or that type of bands, I would like to see Helloween with Hansen & Kiske at least for pp!!!crimson glory or p. waltz!!!! :loco:

Jasonic said:
This might be the worst suggestion yet...

Not that this is relevant, but I felt the need to say this:
Scorpions > Whitesnake

just what are you trying to say???? :lol:

I'm a huge Scorps fan and would love to see them at a venue the size of Centerstage. Love Whitesnake as well and any chance to see Aldrich play I'm there......but for PP....no can't say that I would. As others have said, newer bands, more bands with less exposure and so on.

kittybeast said:
just what are you trying to say???? :lol:

Nothing much really, other than sometimes these two bands are mentioned in the same breath. I would never suggest the Scorps or the like for Prog Power. Same reason why I would never recommend Dio.

Dio might fit the bill better musically, but what would be the point?