Poll : Whitesnake for PP Headliner?

Would you like to see Whitesnake headline ProgPower USA

• Yes

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.3%

• Total voters
The Fiddler said:
(not to mention his acclaimed contributions to Deep Purple in the late 1960s). Perhaps it's because I was born in 1970 and listened to all of this stuff growing up,
Hey kid, get your classic hard rock history straight: Coverdale joined DP in 1973; "Burn" came out in 1974. :p

After your experience, I think I'm going to pass on my own Uriah Heep poll. ;)

I am now completely convinced that Jimmy Buffet appearing as the oddball band would go over better than Whitesnake as a PP headliner. :lol:

Time to close this thread as Glenn has reassured everyone that Whitesnake will never appear at PP.

Wyvern said:
No, but they may be fun at the pre-party.

I wouldn't want to make that phone call.....

GLENN: "Mr Coverdale? We would like to invite you to play the pre-party of our weekend prog metal festival......"

COVERDALE: "Ummm... thanks I think. Who all is playing?"

GLENN: "Err, umm... Let's see. We have RAINTIME! Ever hear of them?"

COVERDALE: "No."

GLENN: "Well, I am still working out the rest of the roster. This year we had Jorn and Evergrey as headliners. You know them?"

COVERDALE: "Ummm. . Sorry, no"

GLENN: "Well, all of my bands collectively have not even sold 5% of your lifetime achievements. So how does that pre-party offer sound now?

COVERDALE: "Uhhh.....yea, er... um...."

*CLICK*

Jasonic said:
I wouldn't want to make that phone call.....

GLENN: "Mr Coverdale? We would like to invite you to play the pre-party of our weekend prog metal festival......"

COVERDALE: "Ummm... thanks I think. Who all is playing?"

GLENN: "Err, umm... Let's see. We have RAINTIME! Ever hear of them?"

COVERDALE: "No."

GLENN: "Well, I am still working out the rest of the roster. This year we had Jorn and Evergrey as headliners. You know them?"

COVERDALE: "Ummm. . Sorry, no"

GLENN: "Well, all of my bands collectively have not even sold 5% of your lifetime achievements. So how does that pre-party offer sound now?

COVERDALE: "Uhhh.....yea, er... um...."

*CLICK*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But to reiterate the recurring theme of this thread, 84.75% of the posts mean "no", this one included.

I'd love to see Whitesnake headline progpower only if half of the set would be Jorn covers,a Jorn medley,and David leading an all star cast doing "We Are The World" to close it all out.

I voted "no" because I really dislike the band, not because It wouldn't fit..
I don't trade in many CDs.. I keep a lot of crap!
But I could not stand Slip of The Tongue.. Man, what a bad CD! I know, it's a classic and all.. But it doesn't do much for me at all...

Absolutely would like to see them perform. If you have not checked out the current lineup with Reb Beech and Doug Aldrich on guitar you are missing out. Plus they also do older Snake songs pre "Slide it In".

wayland smithers said:
Absolutely would like to see them perform. If you have not checked out the current lineup with Reb Beech and Doug Aldrich on guitar you are missing out. Plus they also do older Snake songs pre "Slide it In".

You are absolutely right!!! So my answer: Hell fucking yes!!! :headbang:

I'm sorry but this really makes me laugh! :lol:

Some of these people saying Whitesnake sucks, etc etc, well that's fine as we're all entitled to our opinions. BUT...Whitesnake is one of the best hard rock bands out there (yeah I know just my opinion). Coverdale has NOT lost it one bit, and has so much talent along with his other band members it's not even funny.

I saw Whitesnake 20 years ago, several times since including just last year and Coverdale sounds the same now as he did back 20 years ago.

What is my vote? Just like Deb...HELL FUCKING YES!!!!! :headbang:

Obviously only Glenn knows how the business side of this would work out, but I can't imagine how it could ever be worked out financially for Whitesnake to play ProgPower. As far as the music, I am not that big a Whitesnake fan, but even so, it's pretty damn hard to deny that they are one of the greatest hard rock bands ever, and that David Coverdale is one of the greatest hard rock vocalists ever. But I agree with Glenn and others that they would not be a good musical fit for this fest.

Clark Griswold said:
I would only want to see the 1987 lineup with Sykes, Campbell and Coverdale.
that is ONLY the lineup who recorded the record, not toured for that album which was Adrain Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell, Rudy Sarzo and TOmmy Aldridge.