Popularity of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
um...when everyone IN that forum comes over here and spews bullshit everywhere....yes, there is.

Like I said though dude, it's gotten a lot better. Last year that erk bullshit was real bad, but yeah I'm sure you guys are a happy productive forum now.
First of all, in_absentia is not a "dude"; second of all, I post on that forum and I don't believe I "spew bullshit everywhere" over here either.

lol, Joey was 10 times the quality of most of the people dissing him. Too bad he lost interest because he actually had interesting things to say about music.

Dave: Uh, I used to know about a collaboration community. There may be others now, but the one I knew of is gone. Looking forward to hearing your stuff bro

lol, Joey was 10 times the quality of most of the people dissing him. Too bad he lost interest because he actually had interesting things to say about music.

Dave: Uh, I used to know about a collaboration community. There may be others now, but the one I knew of is gone. Looking forward to hearing your stuff bro

Alright, I'm gonna try to do that edit today while my kids nap.

And, yeah, I never really had a beef with Joey, either. Opinionated as hell, but he knew what he was talking about. Without him here, I kind of feel like what's the point of reviving the 70's prog thread?

NFU is a fucktard of the worst kind. Extremely controversial for the sake of being controversial, he just tried too hard at basically everything. All of his posts were full of ''loltaste'', ''Kate Bush is awesome because Gilmour called her to his record label'', ''you are gagging on Mike's cock, you like the Scorpions because Mike likes them'', ''i don't make personal insults, but you look gay'', ''in one album, Enslaved progressed ten years more than Opeth, and i don't even like Enslaved anymore'' and other similar exaggerated bullshit. lol what a tool.

Probably a combination of the fact that there are so many dicks on here and that Opeth haven't released anything in a while. The only reason I come here is to get Opeth news, but I sometimes end up posting too.

NFU is a fucktard of the worst kind. Extremely controversial for the sake of being controversial, he just tried too hard at basically everything. All of his posts were full of ''loltaste'', ''Kate Bush is awesome because Gilmour called her to his record label'', ''you are gagging on Mike's cock, you like the Scorpions because Mike likes them'', ''i don't make personal insults, but you look gay'', ''in one album, Enslaved progressed ten years more than Opeth, and i don't even like Enslaved anymore'' and other similar exaggerated bullshit. lol what a tool.

tbf he knew his shit. he was a fuck sometimes but on msn etc. hes really friendly.

No. He wasn't "outspoken", he felt the need to whip out his dick when he knew he was posting in a public forum and could look like a badass in front of everyone. The dude's an incredible walking library of prog, but for some reason he felt the need to be a dick in almost every single post - just because he knew other people were reading his shit. Joey's specialty was the "That band sucks because they're ripping off 70s prog - BUT I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT BANDS." He was good at that.

But yeah, this thread isn't about just one asshole. proceed

This forum probably sucks because no one wants to seriously debate about topics. Either everyone has to agree or anyone who disagrees is a moron, but not told why.

@winters_epilogue: I'd pretty much agree with everything there. I have this ominous feeling that Opeth are nearing the end of their stretch. I mean the only original member left in the band is Mike (from the Orchid/Morningrise era). I always had this feeling that the friendship between Mike and Peter kept the band rolling on, just like the two Martins kept each other rollin on. Those relationships are now gone. So whether the next album is the last, second last, or third last, I really hope it's going to be one of wearing the Opeth crown.

I dont this will be their last album. Afterall Mike makes the music. Whether or not the quality will drop is another question.

I think this forum is no longer fun because all people do is flame the crap out of each other. You can't even ask a serious question and expect any sort of serious answer. Back in the day, you could start stupid threads and have a couple of people call you an idiot, but most people thought it was fun and games. Now, if you start a goofy thread out of boredom, or just to keep things changing a little, you get flamed beyond belief.

You are not even allowed to have your own opinion here because this has gone from a discussion board to an all out flame board. Every thread turns into a shit throwing fest. Everyone against everyone else. While that was funny at first, it got old after a while.

The newbies get treated like shit for asking questions that have been asked long before. Granted, some of the questions are stupid and mundane, but even if they are not, people are so quick to suggest the search feature. So what if the same questions get asked time and time again by people who can easily find the answer. This is the way the world works. I constantly find myself IRL answering stupid or redundant questions. That's life. If people don't like the question, or what not, I don't understand why they can't just ignore it and move on.

Yeah there are people who purposely ask downright retarded questions in here, but instead of ignoring them, a shit fest breaks out. Someone's pissed because whomever started the thead is trying to instigate trouble; someone else is pissed because this opinion has been stated before; someone throws in some spam; someone else doesn't reply anything aside from the web address where whatever was discussed before; someone starts talking about In Flames or Slipknot, and it just gets ugly. And everybody's opinion gets ragged on by somebody.

Maybe just because I am getting older I get frustrated more easily by stupid shit. It just seems to me that the quality of the people has diminished greatly since the days of Lina, Belile, Great Pheonix, MetalManCPA, Beth, Nogie, Bumblefoot, Spike, Hearse, Beast in Flames, and the likes of all them.

I used to come here everyday, but now find myself coming once a week or so just to scan the threads.

It just isn't fun anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.