Popularity of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my first post in months for no reason in particular but maybe, because peter left and i feel the momentum and quality of the music will be affected and the fact that ghost reveries was there weakest album imo then a new guitarist will change there sound even more, and i dont want to hear any bollox about 'there a progressive band and its in the essence of the band to progress', you know what i mean the 'opeth sound' so, all in all the new album will be a huge make or break for myself, the fans and probably the future of the band..oh yeah, when is that london dvd out?

Problem with this forum is, that new things are never discussed(maybe because its just about band talk) so really all the people that used to post here have had these discussions. I for one dont find it interesting to go on here anymore, its all very 'safe' discussion about bands everyones heard of and comparrisons with opeth and questions that arent going to be answered and that have been asked before.

btw the enslaved comment is wrong fyi. he was saying that Enslaved take a step further on every album where as opeth take maybe two or three albums to do so. also hes sayin those kinda things for the same reason anyone else would to get responses like 'thats really unfair you troll :(:( why cant you just not troll?!1:):):headbang: '

''he was saying that Enslaved take a step further on every album where as opeth take maybe two or three albums to do so''

So what? it still is a shit exaggerated comment. And i was being clearly sarcastic about that, afterall wasn't he the one who gagged on Mars Volta cock calling them ''the most important band in America'' and now dismisses them?

just sayin'

While NFU was a little arrogant this side of Muhammed Ali, the guy was at least really open minded musically and wasn't odeing 24/7 on Metol and such.

You could talk with him about Joni Michell, Billie Holiday, the Moody Blues, Robbie Williams, Elton John, elctronica and on and on and h.
I remember him defending My Chemical Rmance and Robbie Williams and 15 year old couldn't understand how he could defend those artists.

Since, he's gone, the forum is back to your normal metal forum trying to pass as elitists by thrashing Bodom, Amon Amarth to sound like articulate aristocrats of the 18th century in London.

NFU was an elitist prick but he could back it up with arguments and an impressive knowledge of rock history.

we need the off-topic section back! thats whats causing all the trouble. members need to let off their steam now and then on stupid threads that are NOT about music. i still dont understand why mrs.akerfeldt wont let the non-opeth section turn into off-topic...who cares as long as we keep the opeth section free of all kinds of shit and other topics.

i wanna discuss literature, politics, art, women, beers, movies, mysticism, business etc. with all the people i know here...just like in the old days

+1

Is this what this thread has become? A bunch of plusses and minusses? Christ, are we TRYING to illustrate why people think this place sucks?

i dont really know what happened to this forum to be honest. i know many people blame me and others like me for what its become. that may or may not be justified, i dont really know...and care even less. although i do know there was a time when people were excited about posting here. they were excited about Opeth...and things related to Opeth.

i cant say any individual posters can be responsible for that lack of interest...can any of you? maybe the band or the board itself is somewhat to blame here. i know i stirred up a lot of shit in the past, but is it merely coincidence that in that period of time, this forum was a booming post typhoon, and now everyone seems to be just rehashing the same topics or complaining about the lack thereof?

im not vouching for the opethforum.net or erksylvania crowd...seeing as most of them hate me as well anyway, but theyre not entirely to blame either in my eyes. for a message board to work, people have to contribute...and nobody is contributing anymore. people just want the entertainment to be there before they log in. it doesnt really work that way.

underneath my "loltaste" and uber sarcasm facade (which most of you took only at face value and far too seriously) was a motive of informing/encouraging all types of music and thinking for yourselves about it and why you should. to be controversial was the only way to really get peoples attention. being sugar coated and nice didnt really do much. and so for me to have a bit of fun at some peoples expense (due to their own insecurities mind you) was something extra.

the point is i think Opeth has potential to still be a stellar band. i know theyve had a lot of changes recently, but what great lasting bands havent really (besides rush maybe). stop complaining, and make an effort to contribute something interesting. or simply dont worry about posting anymore. or if you think theres nothing wrong with the forum right now, then power to you. but stop pointing the finger at everyone else as a means to justify why this place has become boring to so many of you. the trouble makers are gone.

i felt compelled to share my opinion on this matter. but this will probably be my last post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.