Porcupine Tree: Track titles and song lengths listed

well i didnt say much you know =)

but the album's a grower just like all other PT albums...but i can confidently say it's no IA. but an excellent album all the same.

i very much enjoy listening to it. thats all that matters to me. anesthetize is one of the greatest shit i've heard this time around.

I know you didn't say much, but If I was to give my opinion about the new album, I would've said the exact thing. When I listen to Fear of a Blank Planet it gives me goosebumps in some parts, I feel very satisfied with the CD as a whole. Deadwing left me wanting more and very unimpressed. But when it comes right down to it, nothing IMO will ever move me more emotionally than In Absentia. There's my 2 cents.

Really? Atleast he has valid points, the people arguing with him just come of as unknowledgable morons..

I.E Batmura

batmura unknowledgable? hardly

oh and i missed that question about fripp and lifeson...i dont know which tracks they appear on but there is a really creepy solo on anesthetize (around 4:00 if i remember correctly) which sounds very much like fripp (or belew, to be more frank). maybe someone else can confirm that?

My 2 cents...

I just cant get into the band, Id like to. The music is great, but its the vocals that kill it for me. That has been the case for some other bands also and it sucks, for me.

But with this new album, I gave it a try and listened to the sneak peek on their website and as soon as the song that talks about Xbox and his fingers tapping the control hard or something, that moment killed it for me. Are they serious?? Im sorry but a song about Xbox I just cant take seriously.

So sorry Porcupine, you havent won me over. But thats ok.

my ashes is a pretty good song , maybe the intro of anesthetize too but thats it a total failure imo

My 2 cents...

I just cant get into the band, Id like to. The music is great, but its the vocals that kill it for me. That has been the case for some other bands also and it sucks, for me.

But with this new album, I gave it a try and listened to the sneak peek on their website and as soon as the song that talks about Xbox and his fingers tapping the control hard or something, that moment killed it for me. Are they serious?? Im sorry but a song about Xbox I just cant take seriously.

So sorry Porcupine, you havent won me over. But thats ok.

How about you take some time and figure out what the lyrics are actually about, before you discredit them?

i agree with outerone actually... the lyrics for some porcupine tree songs are very erkworthy. the ideas are fine but the execution lacks a fair bit. but on the other hand, i LOVE some pt lyrics too. it seems to me that sw is very hit and miss.

i agree with outerone actually... the lyrics for some porcupine tree songs are very erkworthy. the ideas are fine but the execution lacks a fair bit. but on the other hand, i LOVE some pt lyrics too. it seems to me that sw is very hit and miss.

This can be true in many cases. To be honest though most lyrics in general are hit and miss. I just don't understand how you would conclude that the song is about Xbox...

well xbox or not, it just sounded so lame to me when I heard it on the song, seemed silly. And that ruined the whole song. I think there a better metaphors out there than video game consoles.

Just imagine if, Mikael screamed "play station 3" in the middle of a Opeth song, it would seem very stupid.

well xbox or not, it just sounded so lame to me when I heard it on the song, seemed silly. And that ruined the whole song. I think there a better metaphors out there than video game consoles.

Just imagine if, Mikael screamed "play station 3" in the middle of a Opeth song, it would seem very stupid.
Yeah, it would seem stupid for Opeth to do it (especially considering they're a metal band), but it's very normal for Porcupine Tree. For example, he mentions iPod and email in other songs. I guess SW is really into technology/pop culture.

Well, you also have to understand that some of the lyrics are from the perspective of a 10-12 year old boy, so that is kind of the point. However, I do understand at first listen how you could be thinking wtf.