Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Adam_Skogvard said:
Hello!

Feel free to check out my band, Mynjun.

http://www.myspace.com/mynjun

Btw, former Opeth frontman David Isberg was a member of Mynjun back in 2002. Until recently the band also featured Guillaume "Israphel Wing" Le Huche (ex-Katatonia) on bass, and Ronnie Bergerståhl (ex-Centinex, Amaran) on drums.

Hopefully the music will be enjoyable for some of you Opeth fans. It is some kind of atmospheric technical death metal.

Would be interesting to hear what you think of our music, so feel free to leave some comments!

Take care!

Still like it alot!!!....IMO there aren't many extreme Metal bands out there in the underground that are still worth listening to, but you're one of the few*g.
You can really hear the effort you put in your songs to sound different from all the other DM-Bands that are just copying themselves againg and again. Keep up the good work *g

(BTW hopefully the mix and mstering of our cd's finished in the next few days then I'll post some of our stuff)

Netheral said:
Still like it alot!!!....IMO there aren't many extreme Metal bands out there in the underground that are still worth listening to, but you're one of the few*g.
You can really hear the effort you put in your songs to sound different from all the other DM-Bands that are just copying themselves againg and again. Keep up the good work *g

(BTW hopefully the mix and mstering of our cd's finished in the next few days then I'll post some of our stuff)

Thanks!!

Here's one song of my band Beneath Flowers. It's our second demo recording......the recording's not titled yet.....there are three songs on it with an overall playtime of about 25minutes.....and we had only one and a half day to record it.

So it'd be great if you could give it a listen and tell me what you think of it.
Response highly appreciated!
BTW we play something in the vein of....hmmm....well it's music...find it out yourself :loco:

http://www.beneath-flowers.de/02-silent-accuse.mp3

Just got back from Denver....our EP is still being mastered but we uploaded one track to myspace....Dave Otero still has quite a bit of work to do on it...adding effects to the lead tones...fixing the low ends..it gets REALLY rumbly when the keyboards kick in amongst all hte other chaos among some other balance issues..but its a decent taste.

style? hmmm...emperor/nevermore/ epicness. nothing terribly technical...we just write music we like to play.

http://www.myspace.com/palehorsemt

http://www.users.skynet.be/dafreak/New6.mp3

A little experimental song I'm working on. Everything is me except for the drums, so please don't pay attention to those as they are shitty and repetitive. If someone likes this or dislikes this please comment how I can improve it or what is good about it. It's far from finished so if anyone has an idea please post too.

Opethian666 said:
http://www.users.skynet.be/dafreak/New6.mp3

A little experimental song I'm working on. Everything is me except for the drums, so please don't pay attention to those as they are shitty and repetitive. If someone likes this or dislikes this please comment how I can improve it or what is good about it. It's far from finished so if anyone has an idea please post too.

Actually I liked it! The drums may be a bit repetitive but they sound good, I'd even make them a bit louder in the mix. The guitars sound decent, the leads could be a bit 'jucier' articulation-wise but overall quite good... The only thing it lacks is bass - I don't know if there is a bass track in this but if there is, it's not audible. Some sharp bass would add dynamics to the whole thing... I'm also not sure about the transition around 2:10 - it's too abrupt for me, but that's the question of your musical vision which I'm in no position to question ;) anyways, well done!

atropos_project said:
Hopefully you guys like this one... mellow in spots, not really in others. Just under 9:00 long.

http://www.atroposproject.com/Deadfall.mp3

Still looking for a singer....

Whoah! That's really awesome man... Something like early Opeth meeting Cynic, but that's just a loose association... What program did you use to make this?

Anyways, I'm willing to make the vocals to this song. PM me if you're interested :D

:Wreath: said:
Actually I liked it! The drums may be a bit repetitive but they sound good, I'd even make them a bit louder in the mix. The guitars sound decent, the leads could be a bit 'jucier' articulation-wise but overall quite good... The only thing it lacks is bass - I don't know if there is a bass track in this but if there is, it's not audible. Some sharp bass would add dynamics to the whole thing... I'm also not sure about the transition around 2:10 - it's too abrupt for me, but that's the question of your musical vision which I'm in no position to question anyways, well done!

Thanks for the comments! As for the question about the bass, everything in the track is stuff played with a guitar through virtual amps with effects to create bass-like or synth-like sounds, and drum tracks from a program (I don't have an actual program where I can make drum tracks of my own, which explains the repetetiveness). I have attempted to mess with the effects to make my guitar create a bass like sound, and there is a sort of bass track throughout the track, but not under all riffs, and it's certainly not very sharp. I'll try to make it more audible once I start working on the track again, because like you said it could add some more dynamics and a meatier feeling too. About the transition, I would like to change that as well, by for example letting the heavy riff fade in under the ending of the softer part before it, but sadly the program I use to record the riffs doesn't have a function for fading in and out, so I can only let the beginning and ending of tracks fade in and out after mixing the track in the recording program by using audacity on the mixed wav. But anyways I'm glad someone liked it, and I'll try to improve it with your advice.

^ I use Magix Maker Deluxe and it has all the options you may need (seems this shit is worth more than tech-no it's meant for :lol: ). I also recommend shifting the 'bass' track an octave lower in case you didn't do that - MMDeluxe has an option like that. The idea with the fade-in could solve the situation...

hey whats up? i just signed up on the forum here. this is fucking sweet. Oeth Kicks ass. anywho, this is the band i am in lyinginashes.com . i was reading a post about american metal. as i do agree that there is a bunch of shit, there are some bands that are making music that is not the cookie cutter american metal poop. oh! if you havnt heard Dragon Force check them out. i know they have been around a while but i just started getting into them.

peace,
Travis(Reggie)-LIA

lol tellign this forum to check out dragonforce is like being jewish and being happy during a tour of Auschwitz. .....welcome however. lol.