Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
1.A short song I made called painful melody
(kind of classic death metal...been playing for half an year now.. don't be harsh :p)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e12e674b-63b4-4ceb-baec-a66711b9f69b/Painful-Melody-revised

2.A short (and very weird) instrumental called distant
(couldn't have done half of it without audacity)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/cdbb3d24-5e54-4364-882c-cc1227abb791/Distant

audacity,
Ibanez SA260FM amber burst,
marshall mg15cdr.

(no human-like distortion out of that amp...)

(lyrics for the 1st song: )
I hide as the human sing, this painful melody.
Infernal torture stays with me…
As I bleed, as I scream…

I try to shout but there's no voice coming from my skin.
The light begins to change.

I hide as the human sing, this painful melody.
My tortured soul escapes again…
Eludes the grasp, Escapes my wrath.

It took a very long time, but the Shrouded Destiny album recordings are finally out and available to listen to at this time on the MySpace page!

http://www.myspace.com/rainwound

Tracks:

-Rainwound
-Final Battle
-The Glory
-Love's Sacrifice
*CD2 Teaser

Finally with good studio recording, and vocals! This is what it is really supposed to sound like. If you didn't like the demo, you may be quite impressed by the album now! :kickass:

cheesy and insipid. Overly pretentious songwriting lacking required musicianship to actually qualify as pretentious. Vocals teeter on being sub-par/ :erk: . Several decent moments here and there, but too many bad ones to actually be enjoyable.

Oinkness, I agree with Botfly that it is cheesy, but of course many people like cheesy music (not me though), just look at the amount of Dream Theater fans, and so I don't necessarily see this as a bad point, it all depends on which atmospheres and emotions you want to achieve with your music, and what you yourself consider cheesy. What I also heavily agree with, and my main gripe with your music, is that your musicianship needs much, much work. Your timing is often off, your guitar work sounds clumsy, certainly not confident, your vocals aren't really all that, etc...
All that aside, I think you should really continue making music. There are some promising moments in some of your songs. Despite the bad points mentioned above, composing and recording music is the best way (or at least has been the best way for me) to improve your instrumental skill, singing, timing and songwriting. As you keep making music you will undoubtedly gain in these skills and ultimately come up with increasingly better music.

Edit: btw, if anyone wants to criticize my own music, check out the myspace in my signature.

It took a very long time, but the Shrouded Destiny album recordings are finally out and available to listen to at this time on the MySpace page!

http://www.myspace.com/rainwound

Tracks:

-Rainwound
-Final Battle
-The Glory
-Love's Sacrifice
*CD2 Teaser

Finally with good studio recording, and vocals! This is what it is really supposed to sound like. If you didn't like the demo, you may be quite impressed by the album now! :kickass:

I listened to your songs.

There's some good stuff in there. There's also a lot of stuff that does not fit well in the music. Many passages sound almost beautiful, but the flow of the song is sacrificed for yet another change of direction. Some strange arrangements. The good thing is, you don't seem to be afraid of experimenting, and usually some original stuff comes out of it eventually.

The song with the "scary troll" vocals (The Glory at about 3:05) in the middle part sounded a bit amusing. Also, the riff that goes with the "scary troll" part sounds VERY ripped off from orchid-morningrise era opeth. The guitar playing sounds a bit amateurish here and there and the programmed drums sound too.. uh.. fake :)

Still, I've heard much worse stuff. There's lots of promise in the material. I just think you need to work on it more. Arranging, re-recording some parts and that sort of stuff.

Botfly said:
quite enjoyed your songs opethian666, don't really have anything bad to say about them.

Thanks! :)

MasterOLightning, I just listened to one of your songs, and the atmosphere in it reminded me quite a bit of Wolves In The Throne Room. If you record these songs professionally and get a good black metal vocalist, I can see you creating some pretty great stuff!

Yeah I agree. Those are some pretty nice songs, especially if you were that young when you made them, and if that "piano diddle" was done while drunk, that's some pretty impressive musicianship!

good effort Tom, i think it's good. yes i hear the Lopez beat in there ;P i like the band name, though i'm not sure why

keep pushing for a more distinguishable sound. go to town with some ideas. the less typically mid-tempo post-rock your band sounds as you develop, the better

I listened to your songs.

There's some good stuff in there. There's also a lot of stuff that does not fit well in the music. Many passages sound almost beautiful, but the flow of the song is sacrificed for yet another change of direction. Some strange arrangements. The good thing is, you don't seem to be afraid of experimenting, and usually some original stuff comes out of it eventually.

The song with the "scary troll" vocals (The Glory at about 3:05) in the middle part sounded a bit amusing. Also, the riff that goes with the "scary troll" part sounds VERY ripped off from orchid-morningrise era opeth. The guitar playing sounds a bit amateurish here and there and the programmed drums sound too.. uh.. fake :)

Still, I've heard much worse stuff. There's lots of promise in the material. I just think you need to work on it more. Arranging, re-recording some parts and that sort of stuff.
Hey, thanks for your thorough comments! I will admit I am influenced by Opeth, and that will hop out at a couple places throughout the CD. All good comments there. I'm so used to it now, the arrangements don't seem strange to me and the flow is expected, memorized... :) It's great to hear how other people interpret it.

The guitars were recorded in each channel for left and right, yet I wasn't so strict as many people would be with re-recording each passage a hundred times until they get it perfectly lined up. I like it to feel like it's got real people playing it, like an organic feeling. I know that would be better with some good jammy percussion. So I can understand what people mean when they say it's out of time, but I don't think it is really to the degree that they say it is. :) It just sounds natural to me...

Thanks again!