Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
I suppose I should mention that I'm a sound engineer and have various material up on both my home page and myspace account of productions I've done over the last few years.

If by chance any of you artist folk are in need of somebody to take care of your material, from a technical perspective, feel free to get in touch.

PS. I look forward to hearing from you again Tom. You were an awesome guy at Melbourne #2 and I imagine a pleasure to deal with musically too.

I recently bought a fairly nice mic and to break it in I decided to do a cover of Opeth's To Rid the Disease. So, I recorded all the parts with my piano (even the guitar parts, which was hard getting the tone decent). I wrote the drum part out in a midi program and played that through the piano as well. Then I added my vocals which aren't too bad. The "I have lost all trust in you" part is a bit too high for my range so it sounds a little off, but it's close enough. Anways:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=971121&t=2746

I recently bought a fairly nice mic and to break it in I decided to do a cover of Opeth's To Rid the Disease. So, I recorded all the parts with my piano (even the guitar parts, which was hard getting the tone decent). I wrote the drum part out in a midi program and played that through the piano as well. Then I added my vocals which aren't too bad. The "I have lost all trust in you" part is a bit too high for my range so it sounds a little off, but it's close enough. Anways:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=971121&t=2746

Your singing isn't that bad. I heard some weird vibrato vocal effect stuff around the first verse & chorus that didn't sound too good, though. Is the song mixed mono on purpose, or is it just a restriction on acidplanet?

Anyway, not bad on the whole. I'd replace the midi guitar solo with a real one. The drum parts sounded ok most of the time but there were a few fills that reminded me that these were not real drums. Still, good work. Keep going.

Also, check out my new songs (the link is in my signature): "Cold Eyes" & "Embrace". And why not some of the others too... :D

I think I may have accidentally put a phaser effect on the first part of the vocals, which I didn't notice until after I had posted the recording. I thought it sounded strange, too. As for mono/stereo, I have no idea. I don't know how to manipulate that. I'm still new to this whole recording thing.

I wish I could get a real guitar for the solo, but since I can't play guitar, piano will have to do. =)

I really like Embrace. It's got a nice mellow feel to it. The piano sounds really good and the vocals are great. Excellent production.

Now Cold Eyes... I like this! Nice balance of heaviness and some softer sections. Awesome vocal shifts from death to clean. The drums sound really good. Overall a very nice structure to the song and once again great production. Well done!

I think I may have accidentally put a phaser effect on the first part of the vocals, which I didn't notice until after I had posted the recording. I thought it sounded strange, too. As for mono/stereo, I have no idea. I don't know how to manipulate that. I'm still new to this whole recording thing.

I wish I could get a real guitar for the solo, but since I can't play guitar, piano will have to do. =)

I really like Embrace. It's got a nice mellow feel to it. The piano sounds really good and the vocals are great. Excellent production.

Now Cold Eyes... I like this! Nice balance of heaviness and some softer sections. Awesome vocal shifts from death to clean. The drums sound really good. Overall a very nice structure to the song and once again great production. Well done!

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

About the mono/stereo thing... I'd recommend recording separately two (usually similar) tracks, then panning one to the far left and the other to the far right. It doesn't work if you just copy the same recorded guitar track to the left and right, you really have to play it twice. It's worth it usually. Of course you could use some kind of stereo delay effect, where you only need to play for instance a background riff once. Then apply the stereo delay so that it plays the riff from the left speaker, and the same riff from the right speaker, but set the right channel delay to about 20 milliseconds. It's better than nothing. I hope that helps.

metaphorical for everyone but not for me

Okay, so long as no one's dead...

The recording is sort of creepy (like, stalker creepy), there are tuning problems throughout (which made me turn it off about halfway through), and it's just way way too much singing.

On a positive note, as a mental exercise, I suppose it's cool that you fit lyrics into the entirety of the melody line (assuming that it continued after I stopped it).

A youtube link iirc. One critique and he pulled it! Wow, talk about not knowing your audience here.

i'm not deleted it because of critiques , i deleted it because of some private reasons..

than now i handle that reason and write it back