What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Okay, so long as no one's dead...

yes no one's dead god forbid..:)

and the recording done by classic computer microphone so , yes it's a bit crappy :)

i wrote lyrics and singing it first time on that record at 2.00pm :p

on the morning i did 2 more recording of song , but my friends like that one , so i put that on the video

backvocal is my best friend ox , he liked that one too

Right, here's my debut, my project is called 'Amber Streams', and it's instrumental progressive metal. I uploaded the first fully recorded song just now, it's called 'Myriad'.

I recorded all guitars with a V-Amp Pro and a Rode NT-2, cheap stuff, so it's not superb quality. I recorded and mixed everything myself, it's my first big recording. All other instruments are VST. The bass should have been recorded live, but because there are lots of delays I decided to leave it with the VST for now and release it, as it's been sitting around for quite some months now.

The mix wasn't too loud so I kicked the shit out of it, and MySpace butchered it too, so the online version is much worse than the real one. Anyway I'm really interested in what you think, this is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/amberstreams

There's also an excerpt from another song which is even older, but it hasn't been recorded decently yet (don't know if I every will).

Hey,

first of all I love the idea of recording lyrics of your own over a song.

I liked the lyrics, though your recording equipment is horrible.

The singing isn't profesional but it's definatly decent. And the main purpose of this is the lyrics not your singin carrier now isn't it : P

Nice job overall:kickass:

Nice job, but it would have been more gramatically correct to use 'many' instead of 'much'. It would have fit better too, I think.

so many days have been past

I think 'gone by' would also be a better fit than 'been past'. But that's just my opinion.

though your recording equipment is horrible.

small computer mic. is the rec. equipment :p

nowadays i'll sing and play it with my group in studio and would put it on youtube too

ps : sorry for grammer mistakes , english is my second lang. and when you're drunk you could done some mistakes :) but what can i say..i don't use eraser :p

thanks for watching again

Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll have to give that a try next time I get around to recording something. Thanks.

With piano, the whole double-tracking thing doesn't really apply. They are beautiful instruments, and if captured well, they should sing well with just the one voice.

What's usually done is that a stereo microphone pair is used, placed so that one is capturing the low keys, and one capturing the high keys, then both are panned left and right respectively. This way you get a beautiful sweep across the stereo image as low to high notes are played.

Hey, I know it's F@#$&#37; ridicouls (<<sorry for the spelling), but I recorded a metal version of "For Elise"

It's recorded through a webcam microphone and then edited through audacity. Drums made with acoustica beatcraft

I've been playing for about 6 months now, and on electric for about 2, so don't be harsh >:

^^ The name's just a joke, my friends made it up and it was so idioticly funny I had to make a song to that name... Been playing for 6 months now
(deathoven=beethoven+death)

FOR BLOODY DYING ELISE-By Deathoven

Right, here's my debut, my project is called 'Amber Streams', and it's instrumental progressive metal. I uploaded the first fully recorded song just now, it's called 'Myriad'.

I recorded all guitars with a V-Amp Pro and a Rode NT-2, cheap stuff, so it's not superb quality. I recorded and mixed everything myself, it's my first big recording. All other instruments are VST. The bass should have been recorded live, but because there are lots of delays I decided to leave it with the VST for now and release it, as it's been sitting around for quite some months now.

The mix wasn't too loud so I kicked the shit out of it, and MySpace butchered it too, so the online version is much worse than the real one. Anyway I'm really interested in what you think, this is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/amberstreams

There's also an excerpt from another song which is even older, but it hasn't been recorded decently yet (don't know if I every will).

Good stuff. The Opeth-influence is a little bit too evident, however. Still, there's some good playing, atmosphere and original ideas too. I wish there was some vocals too, but the 'Myriad' carries onward pretty well without them.

Good stuff. The Opeth-influence is a little bit too evident, however. Still, there's some good playing, atmosphere and original ideas too. I wish there was some vocals too, but the 'Myriad' carries onward pretty well without them.

Too bad you feel that way about the influence (although I don't blame you), hope that I can convince people otherwise when I have more songs! I'm still playing around with the thoughts of vocals, I can sing reasonably, I'm not sure if I can take it to a good enough level for recordings. Would be cool to have indeed.

Anyway, thank you very much for you thoughts and compliments, I appreciate it. :kickass:

Too bad you feel that way about the influence (although I don't blame you), hope that I can convince people otherwise when I have more songs! I'm still playing around with the thoughts of vocals, I can sing reasonably, I'm not sure if I can take it to a good enough level for recordings. Would be cool to have indeed.

Anyway, thank you very much for you thoughts and compliments, I appreciate it. :kickass:

Oh, don't get me wrong. You draw your influence from good origins, and that's a good thing. It's just that it's a bit too easy to hear where they come from. You're very talented at what you do, and I think you should try to do more of your own stuff, because it's great stuff. That's just my way of looking at it, so don't take it too seriously :) I know I too am guilty of 'borrowing' some elements of other artists, be it consciously or unconsciously. I think every artist does so to some extent.

ps : sorry for grammer mistakes , english is my second lang. and when you're drunk you could done some mistakes but what can i say..i don't use eraser :p

I think it is very good, actually. I was just suggesting some things for a bit of minor improvement.

Oh, don't get me wrong. You draw your influence from good origins, and that's a good thing. It's just that it's a bit too easy to hear where they come from. You're very talented at what you do, and I think you should try to do more of your own stuff, because it's great stuff. That's just my way of looking at it, so don't take it too seriously :) I know I too am guilty of 'borrowing' some elements of other artists, be it consciously or unconsciously. I think every artist does so to some extent.

No offence taken! Of course I should have my own sound, which I'm still playing around with. I don't want to be Opeth II, hehe. I actually like to make music/riffs in all kinds of styles, what songs will come up next is a surprise for me as well.

Thanks again!

Edit: I see you've got a lot of songs online, I'll check 'em out tomorrow!