Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
WOAH!!! Mikael step out of the way, there is a new guitarist in town! That's amazing! Since I don't play any instruments, I am pretty blown away. Most people I talk to say that Opeth have some of the most complex riffs, so seeing some kid do it is most impressive! I'd like to see him play ALL the instruments though, lol

The type of music I really want to write is metal, but since I can't play guitar nor recreate a decent guitar sound, I am forced to other alternatives. In this song I decided to replace the guitar sound with a mix of organ and strings. The sound quality isn't so great, but I plan on adding a lot more and perhaps even vocals! Anyways, The Fugue of Death!:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=136794764

This guy sucks. It's easy to play along with the music and he screws it up. I bet this was his 10th recording too. How does he fit his fat fingers on the frets?

The type of music I really want to write is metal, but since I can't play guitar nor recreate a decent guitar sound, I am forced to other alternatives. In this song I decided to replace the guitar sound with a mix of organ and strings. The sound quality isn't so great, but I plan on adding a lot more and perhaps even vocals! Anyways, The Fugue of Death!:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=136794764

It sounds like Castlevania. It's pretty cool.

The timing is messy indeed, but consider that he's playing over a not very loud playback. Playing with a live band is much easier.

i have extensive experience with both, and i'd say you're very wrong ;) unless your live band is tight as hell.

WOAH!!! Mikael step out of the way, there is a new guitarist in town! That's amazing! Since I don't play any instruments, I am pretty blown away. Most people I talk to say that Opeth have some of the most complex riffs, so seeing some kid do it is most impressive! I'd like to see him play ALL the instruments though, lol

Some of Opeth's older riffs (BWP and prior) are somewhat harmonically complex... for metal at least. Not many of their riffs are challenging to play however. It's all very beginner-friendly stuff.

Some of Opeth's older riffs (BWP and prior) are somewhat harmonically complex... for metal at least. Not many of their riffs are challenging to play however. It's all very beginner-friendly stuff.
Not quite. Beginner-friendly is Blink 182. I wouldn't have been able to play Opeth when I was a beginner.

My band's stuff is in my sig. Those are some demos that got recorded in my basement. The production is not so great, and everything was recorded on one track with a $20 mic, but it came out well in spite of that. The first two songs are folky black metal. The third doesn't really have any folk influence. If you only have time to listen to one track, pick the second.

I listened to Vicissitude.

The production isn't so bad and it kinda gives it that early black metal feel anyways. =P Though some of the riffs were a bit hard to make out. Do plan on adding vocals to this? I think that would add a lot to the song. The music itself wasn't anything spectacular, but with some better production and perhaps some vocals you could have a pretty nice song there. Nice work.

There probably will be vocals and bass and another guitar added to that one before too long. There's a version of the first song with vocals that hasn't been uploaded yet. Whenever bass and 2nd guitar is added, then that'll probably go up.

Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate that. Anyway, I also put up a part of the first track of our upcoming album in the myspace, recorded with a couple of mics mind you, so dont expect sound quality for now.