Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Hey guys, basically ive been fiddling around creating "music" on my own for a while now, I've just made a myspace page, I'd like to hear some opinions, if thats cool.

Autumn is the Tomb is the name I'm going under. It's ambient post rocky metal kinda thing

Btw this is just for fun and I don't consider myself a good musician and I'm not trying to start a band...

Just wondered what you guys think?

http://www.myspace.com/autumnisthetomb

Hi all,
I hope it's OK that I post it here. I couldn't think of a better place to post it since everybody here is into Opeth :)

I'm looking for a bass player that loves Opeth and has the ability to play their songs or if you already play their songs then of course it's better :)

As I wrote in the topic. The band is situated in Helsinki, Finland. We are bunch of Opeth loving guys who wanna play the songs we love and of course perform around Helsinki. We already have a rehearsal place and the needed equipment.

You can contact me through this forum.
Thanks.

Hi all,
I hope it's OK that I post it here. I couldn't think of a better place to post it since everybody here is into Opeth :)

I'm looking for a bass player that loves Opeth and has the ability to play their songs or if you already play their songs then of course it's better :)

As I wrote in the topic. The band is situated in Helsinki, Finland. We are bunch of Opeth loving guys who wanna play the songs we love and of course perform around Helsinki. We already have a rehearsal place and the needed equipment.

You can contact me through this forum.
Thanks.

good luck!:)

Could I ever reach the genius of any song written by Mikael? No.

But I gave it a go anyways :p

I named it "The Manta", it's an acoustic instrumental, it's progressive, and it's overall experimental.

Listen to it at my UG profile or download it right here.
Hmmm I feel the need for lyrics and vocals, anyone wanna add a bit of theirs?

Constructive criticism guys!
I already know it's chunky when it comes to the transitions :p

:kickass: Peace,
-Vic (Flem)

I really like it. I'm listening to it so far, and it's not bad you know. Sounds pretty folky. I can't really hear much Opeth influences to be honost, but that doesn't really matter. It's never good to clone an artists, it's better to clone one but fail (and still make a good song). I also like your other songs, keep up teh good work.

It actually reminds me of Novembre. Btw you should post it in the off-topic forum ;)

The progressions are interesting, though the first one (the one using semitone transitions in the bassnote) could be a bit overused. I think it would sound great doing the chunky stuff through a distorted amp. You have a very dark section starting 3:30ish which is great as it is but then you add uplifting notes to the chords which sound a bit off and could simply do without them or maybe even replace them with darker ones.

I like it, I think it could become a complete non-acoustic song with some changes, a drum, bass, vocals and distortion (not everywhere though). Heck, I would even do the vocals if I only had a decent microphone... damn being a student sucks, I'm always broke :/

Thanks for the kind words and for being very constructive guys!

To "Metalstrm": I still have to check out this band "Novembre"!

To "Carta's": What you said is exactly what I wanted to do... but I cannot afford more than shoving a microphone down my acoustic guitar! :p

Peace,
headbob.gif

-Vic

Yay a thread for me :p

I play guitar since last year ( yes Mikeal is one its reason :D), and I like playing Opeth songs but nobody around me loves metal ( and I billions time explained them that Opeth is more than metal...), I play Twilight is My Robe, Wreath ( difficulties at solo), Master's Apprentices , Ghost of Perdition ( learned two weeks ago), Grand Conjuration, Porcelain Hearth ( the clip helped me a lot while learning without tabs), The Lepper Affinity and since yesterday I'm trying to learn Heir Apparent but I stuck at Akessons solo; I can't clearly find out the notes :D... Me and a friend , we created a metal band in our high-school and we'll play TIMR at the end of June(but I have no live experiences :( ).

- this is me playing Twilight, I have no other video while playing Opeth but I think I'll put Porcelain Herth with wreath or TLA.
I would like to have commentaries about the video, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is my voice cover for april ethereal by opeth ... the sound quality is a bit scary actually, but i think its "listenable" ;)
check this out

Last edited by a moderator:
any brisbanites here? we are making our first interstate voyage on july 17, would be good to see some of you there!

smwposter10copykh8su2.jpg

also melbourne is on the horizon, will most likely be a month after that.