Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Well, there are 2 things here:

Firstly (and I expect to get flamed ENDLESSLY for this), is the song 'Heatwave'. Basically, the story behind this song is that we had recorded a serious song that I had written, and it sounded really cool, just needed vocals to be added. And then, we came in the next day, and the machine had wiped it from its memory!!!! I was gutted! And basically, I had an hour before I needed to go to the Wickerman festival, so we wrote and recorded a NOVELTY SONG!!!! Gay, I know, but we think that, taken past demo version, we could work wonders in the Eurovision :p. It fuses bad 70's rock with techno. Woohoo! I'm on ALL vox and lead synth.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27382199/2_-_HEATWAVE.mp3.html

The second thing is more serious. In the same sessions, we jammed out this track. I only play keys on this one, and being a limited musician my playing is FAR from exceptional. But my friend Lewis engineered the track pretty well (given our limited equipment), and added vox to it later. He runs a project called 'Warped Memories', and they are pretty amazing given that he is only 16. Very talented guy. Basically, this track impresses me immensely, given that it was basically 3 guys who couldn't really be arsed, havin a jam, and it turning out like this. NOT METAL!! See what you think, anyway...

http://rapidshare.de/files/27382491/3_-_a_song_that_lasts_too_long.mp3.html

FRUGiHOYi said:
Outstanding.

Thanks! We are pretty proud of "Requiem For You". Our pianist is still not happy with it, wants to make it longer, more interesting etc. Our other track, "Virtue Of Death" is not that good, so please don't judge us by that. Its just a couple of very very very basic ideas put together and is pretty boring. It was recorded and written after massive consumption of alcohol and was a good excuse to try out our new mixing desk. When we start writing properly, we will make some quality music. :headbang:

www.myspace.com/thedarkestshadeofgrey

Here's a power progression from a Harmony class I'm taking. Anyway, the groove is 2 sections with 2 different progressions. I layered the harmony and added a melodic lead. The 1st progression is more of a modern jazz feel. The 2nd is just a simplified version of the 1st, which would usually serve as a chorus. Enjoy!

BbMaj7 GMaj7 FMaj7
BbMaj7 FMaj7

http://www.tmls.net/music/RobJones_L5-1.mp3

Wow...Post #100

My one man band is called Beholder now, There's two songs in my sig that you can listen to, the first is a 7:30 minute proggy black metal instrumental song and the second a one minute bluesy atmospherical outro. Any comments are appreciated.

Edit: added a new project I'm working on.

Ah, this thread has been dead for a bit too long I think. Seems like no-one is making new music? Anyway, I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Martriden rocks!

To bring something in myself: I started a one-man project some time ago, called 'Amber Streams'. It's instrumental progressive metal (although progressive is a pretty dangerous term). Lots of heavy layered parts, heavy and acoustic, that sort of stuff. I spend the last couple of days making a website which turned out pretty nice I think. Once I record some stuff I think I'll register a domain name and get some hosting, and prolly put it on MySpace.

I still have to buy new recording equipment, but that will be done tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some music up some time after that.

well as soon as I'm finished with my new material I'll post a link to my MySpace or, better yet, put it in my sig... But it's nothing near metal I'm afraid

If I have time I'll also finish & post the song atropos_project made with my vox added... I already have the cleans but somehow forgot to record them growls. I hope they don't delete this thread before I'm through :loco:

I've had some new stuff for a while now, but it seems nobody noticed or nobody was interested. Anyways I have an Enslaved and Opeth-inspired instrumental ready A Venture Into Darkness. It also has booze and hash influences, as opposed to blues and jazz influences.

Opethian666 said:
I've had some new stuff for a while now, but it seems nobody noticed or nobody was interested. Anyways I have an Enslaved and Opeth-inspired instrumental ready A Venture Into Darkness. It also has booze and hash influences, as opposed to blues and jazz influences.

I checked it out and I like i, especially the creepy clean parts - when I close my eyes listening to them I see scenes from a good horror movie with gr1m forests and warewolves so props for you on that :kickass: I'm not that keen on the distorted parts but that's because they're too black-metalish for me and I don't like bm so you can ignore my opinion here :lol: but I can still hear no bass... ? you oughta change that - as an opethian you should know that bazz rules ;) I'd also put less gain on the distortion because it's a bit too blurred methinks (still way better than the average bm hehe) Overall - I give you my personal :immoral: :D

^Thanks for the comments wreath! It's a bit strange that you can't hear any bass though because a lot of parts (even some acoustic part near the end where the bass should be quite prominent) do have "bass" (emulated with effects) and even "synth" lines underneath them (not very loud of course). I don't know if you listened to it with headphones or through speakers but that might make a difference. As for the distortion, I kind of like it the way it is now, and if I have to rerecord all the riffs I might not get the nice (imo) transitions that the song currently has again, so I won't risk that. But anyways, I'll continue to try and get my bass to sound like an actual bass, and if I don't succeed I'll just have to kidnap teh bassplayer by pretending to be a groupie and seducing him on his myspace blog :rolleyes:.

^ I've listened to it again and still hear no bass! and my sub-woofer works fine so it must be the mix! the bass under the clean part sounds like a clean guitar - remember it should be an octave lower than the guitar ;)

but I kind of began to dig the distortion and the cleans still sound great!

^Ah well I have a function to lower the bass an octave, but it is a distortion effect and if I put the distortion too high the bass starts to cause ticks at the transitions between riffs, so I have to settle for a lighter distortion causing the "bass" to sound like something between a bass and a clean guitar. I guess I'll have to live with it until I buy a real bass :erk:. Anyways I'm glad you liked the song, and if you're interested I've already got 2:30 minutes of another one here. Most of it is still quite rough in mix and execution tho.

^Well done man! That song sounds really great now, especially the chorus. I don't know what you need to be able to record vocals on a song, but if you can do it with regular mp3s feel free to record vocals on any of my songs if you want to.

hmmm I get a strange feeling we've become the only two peolpe posting here... oh well

well, the only thing I need to record vocals is an mp3 of decent quality but right now I'm tangled up in finishing my album so it won't be soon... but thx for the invitation :)

:Wreath: said:
hmmm I get a strange feeling we've become the only two peolpe posting here... oh well

well, the only thing I need to record vocals is an mp3 of decent quality but right now I'm tangled up in finishing my album so it won't be soon... but thx for the invitation :)

I'd post, but it seems it takes quite a while for my microphone to get to the store. I ordered it 2 weeks ago, the store said it would be available in about 1,5 weeks, so I hope it arrives soon. Got all my other new equipment though, and new strings, new picks, (nearly) finished drum/bass/synth tracks, etc. Basically everything else is set, when my mic is here it won't take too long before I can finally record and show some of my stuff.