Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
^You already know from erksylvania that the instrumental part of your songs (especially The Ocean) is amazing, but after listening I can't help but notice that the vocals are out of tune in quite some places. I think your voice is enjoyable, the melodies are great, and fit the music very well, and the effects applied are in the right direction, maybe cut down a bit on the intensity (sounds slightly overprocessed, maybe put them higher in the mix and cut down on the effects), but you should really try to record the vocals again until they are in tune in all sections. Now you have an amazing song of which the quality is brought down by out of tune and slightly overprocessed vocals.

good stuff btw, very pretty. I like it.

Thanks!

Your songs are cool, very interesting and enjoyable compositions. I agree with Opethian on the vocals. Out of tune bits and a bit overprocessed (also a bit harsh in some parts, production-wise), keep working on that. Other than that your voice is indeed enjoyable. Keep up the good work!

Please check out my new song:

Mirage

This is the first time I've tried growls (in a few spots), and second time for clean vocals. All comments and constructive/destructive criticism is appreciated!

Me too, sleepmakeswaves ftw.

I have some news too although it's no biggie. Wouter (bassist in my band) and me finally got around to recording some live bass for the track 'Myriad' on our MySpace, so we could finally ditch the VST track. I did a new mix too, sounds quite a bit better now.

no wai! its much better if they daydream about how good looking we are(n't).

but seriously, some of the best band photos don't focus on the band members at all, especially in a lot of post-rock shots. *dunno*

Hello,

This could be considered like SPAM but this is related to Opeth.:)

I am in a tribute band to Opeth, in Quebec city, Canada. It is just for fun with friends, but we practice every week since a bit more then a year now.

We have put together a mix of recordings done during our practices, with very low budget recording equipment. I would really appreciate it if some of you went and listen to us on our myspace page and leave some comments here. Please keep in mind that we know we don't play as well as Opeth or anything, we are just having fun.

Right now, there is only a 9 minute "teaser" available, but go back in a few days/weeks, we'll put up more, including Windowpane and Silhouette full versions. Thanks for you time!

http://www.myspace.com/lamentationstribute

Not bad at all. It may be because of the quality of the audio, but I can't hear the double bass at the beginning of Deliverance at all. Other than that it's pretty good. Well, the vocals need a little work as well. Other than that, it's pretty cool. My band can play a couple Opeth songs, but you guys are better at playing them than us haha...just slightly.