Post your Hauls!

I have received 7 CDs in the mail recently.

Two of the albums came from eBay auctions:

Great White - Sail Away (used)
Night Ranger - Midnight Madness (new)

The other five discs came from Nuclear Blast Records. I bought them during their Black Friday sale and all of them are new.

Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World (remastered)
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond (remastered)
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side (2 disc reissue)
Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth

My friend's record shop recently purchased a 40,000 piece music collection. It came from a college radio station that is either now shut down or phased out their physical collection. (I can't remember which even though he told me).

Anyway, he said there were 20,000 CDs and he put out 5,000 of them this week. I had to stop by today to pick up my copy of the U.D.O. compilation The Legacy that he ordered for me. So I took some extra time to comb through those 5,000 discs. Here's what I came away with:

Meat Loaf - Welcome To The Neighborhood
Ratt - Infestation
Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings
Lizzy Borden - Deal With The Devil
Lizzy Borden - Appointment With Death
Accept - Breaker
Overkill - Ironbound
Saxon - Solid Ball Of Rock
Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind
Motorhead - Kiss Of Death
Motorhead - The World Is Yours
Y&T - Yesterday And Today / Struck Down (2 on 1 CD)
Y&T - Contagious
Y&T - Musically Incorrect
Y&T - Endangered Species
Y&T - Facemelter

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
My friend's record shop recently purchased a 40,000 piece music collection. It came from a college radio station that is either now shut down or phased out their physical collection. (I can't remember which even though he told me).

Anyway, he said there were 20,000 CDs and he put out 5,000 of them this week. I had to stop by today to pick up my copy of the U.D.O. compilation The Legacy that he ordered for me. So I took some extra time to comb through those 5,000 discs. Here's what I came away with:

Meat Loaf - Welcome To The Neighborhood
Ratt - Infestation
Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings
Lizzy Borden - Deal With The Devil
Lizzy Borden - Appointment With Death
Accept - Breaker
Overkill - Ironbound
Saxon - Solid Ball Of Rock
Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind
Motorhead - Kiss Of Death
Motorhead - The World Is Yours
Y&T - Yesterday And Today / Struck Down (2 on 1 CD)
Y&T - Contagious
Y&T - Musically Incorrect
Y&T - Endangered Species
Y&T - Facemelter

thats an amazing haul

It would've been better still if I'd had more money. I left behind maybe 10 or so albums that I want to get sooner rather than later.

That reminds me when I was living in Reno, easily ten CDs a month purchases.

Now lacking of space (and elevated S&H costs) have made me be very selective towards what I buy annually.

Ellefson/Soto - "Vacation In The Underworld"
Xentrix - "Seven Words"

I had another big haul day at Purchase Street Records!

Earlier in the week, the shop owner (who is a friend of mine) dropped by an EP to my house. It's his band All Sinners and man it is so good! Seriously, he's been getting feedback from known artists saying how good it is. But I agree.

Then he messaged me to let me know he found a vinyl copy of the Leather album Shock Waves. So that was one of the things I picked up today. And this morning he told me that my copy of the new Leatherwolf album Kill The Hunted had arrived. So that got added to the pile.

And then I went through the CD racks and drawers and shelves again. I came away with the list below.

Y&T - Acoustic Classix Vol. 1
Y&T - Unearthed Vol. 1 - Demos & unreleased recordings from 1974 through 2003.
Y&T - Unearthed Vol. 2 - Demos & unreleased recordings from 1974 through 1989.
Danger Danger - Rare Cuts
Hammerfall - Renegade
Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
Jack Russell - Shelter Me
Jack Russell - For You
Def Leppard - Songs from The Sparkle Lounge

And the last new addition to my collection was the Badlands album Voodoo Highway. Finding the album on CD was a big deal for me as I've wanted both of their first two releases on CD for a long time. But given the whole story behind why they are so hard to find, I'd never seen them before other than online where the prices were too high for my tastes. But I've got it now. Next I need to find a CD of the first album.

I had another big haul day at Purchase Street Records!

Earlier in the week, the shop owner (who is a friend of mine) dropped by an EP to my house. It's his band All Sinners and man it is so good! Seriously, he's been getting feedback from known artists saying how good it is. But I agree.

Then he messaged me to let me know he found a vinyl copy of the Leather album Shock Waves. So that was one of the things I picked up today. And this morning he told me that my copy of the new Leatherwolf album Kill The Hunted had arrived. So that got added to the pile.

And then I went through the CD racks and drawers and shelves again. I came away with the list below.

Y&T - Acoustic Classix Vol. 1
Y&T - Unearthed Vol. 1 - Demos & unreleased recordings from 1974 through 2003.
Y&T - Unearthed Vol. 2 - Demos & unreleased recordings from 1974 through 1989.
Danger Danger - Rare Cuts
Hammerfall - Renegade
Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
Jack Russell - Shelter Me
Jack Russell - For You
Def Leppard - Songs from The Sparkle Lounge

And the last new addition to my collection was the Badlands album Voodoo Highway. Finding the album on CD was a big deal for me as I've wanted both of their first two releases on CD for a long time. But given the whole story behind why they are so hard to find, I'd never seen them before other than online where the prices were too high for my tastes. But I've got it now. Next I need to find a CD of the first album.

good haul. you have the new leatherwolf now?

in my area for some reason voodoo highway i see more often on cd than the first badlands album which is odd. i got the first album when it was rereleased on koch for about a week at a wal mart lol

good haul. you have the new leatherwolf now?

in my area for some reason voodoo highway i see more often on cd than the first badlands album which is odd. i got the first album when it was rereleased on koch for about a week at a wal mart lol

Yes, I have the new Leatherwolf now. I'm hoping to review it as soon as possible. And yes, I would LOVE to get my hands on a good CD edition of the debut Badlands release.

Damn, there's a new Leatherwolf? Oh well, for 2023.
***********************************************************************************************

Gary Moore - "Dirty Fingers"

yes and not sure without seeing the credits how much was recorded prior to all the members leaving last year