Post your Hauls!

Deathchain - Deaththrash Assault
Killing Miranda - Blessed Deviant
Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse
Rasputina - Translyvanian Concubine
Doom - Total Doom
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God (ltd ed. w/dvd)

Pink Cream 69 - Electrified ($3 - original)
Conditioned Response - Pavlov's Dog (Similar to Empire Queensryche)
Rolf Monkes - No More Obscurity (Amazing guitarist, $2)
21 Guns - Demolition (Used to love this disc)
Jorn - Out to Every Nation (It was cheap and Young Forever is a great track)
WinterStrain - Return to the Mirror (Dream Theater meets Siam, Tony Mills on backing vocals).

Pink Cream 69 - Electrified ($3 - original)
Conditioned Response - Pavlov's Dog (Similar to Empire Queensryche)
Jorn - Out to Every Nation (It was cheap and Young Forever is a great track)

That's the only PC69 I have, what do you mean by original?

That Jorn is good but not his best album, still has its moments: 'Out To Every Nation', 'One Day We Will Put Out The Sun', 'Rock Spirit', 'When Angel Wings Were White'.

As for Conditioned Responsed it's a great underrated band, I have both their albums and (thankfully) I can't find the slightest similarity to Queensryche. I wonder why you find so many similaraties to Queensryche in bands we both listen to and I don't
c010.gif

That's the only PC69 I have, what do you mean by original?

That Jorn is good but not his best album, still has its moments: 'Out To Every Nation', 'One Day We Will Put Out The Sun', 'Rock Spirit', 'When Angel Wings Were White'.

As for Conditioned Responsed it's a great underrated band, I have both their albums and (thankfully) I can't find the slightest similarity to Queensryche. I wonder why you find so many similaraties to Queensryche in bands we both listen to and I don't
c010.gif

The version of Electrified I have has 14 tracks and a different mastering job and artwork. The one I ordered - 'original' - has 11, better cover and a different mastering.

It's the only Jorn album I know. I may look into some of his others.

Conditioned Response: I only know a couple of songs, but Deep Inside (#1 on Pavlov) is very reminiscent of Empire-era Queensryche. Just listen, the riffs are all broken chords and stuff ryche did, plus the singer sounds like Tate. This song is basically the best cover of Jet City Woman that isn't Jet City Woman.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytlFwNFYVwY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The version of Electrified I have has 14 tracks and a different mastering job and artwork. The one I ordered - 'original' - has 11, better cover and a different mastering.

Mine has 11 tracks, plus a hidden track which is a version of 'Gone Again' done with Cockney accent.

It's the only Jorn album I know. I may look into some of his others.

Since I'm a fan of him I have them all. And I started with the debut "Starfire" which is half original songs and half covers. I believe all his albums have their moments but none are complete gems, the one that closes the most in consistency IMO it's "The Duke".
I think Jorn to me its like Tate to you, an acquired taste. I can go to basically every project, band or solo album he has done and I will come out satisfied with him.

Conditioned Response:I only know a couple of songs, but Deep Inside (#1 on Pavlov) is very reminiscent of Empire-era Queensryche.

Oh, I thought you had their stuff. It's very interesting since they have 1-2 heavy songs per album being the rest more melodic stuff. From the debut my favorite is 'Winter' ('Deep Inside'is pretty good) and from the second album ("In Flagranté Delecto") are '3' and 'Bleed'.

As for DI being similar to JCW, well I can find some similarities here and there, but definitively the songs are not close at all to me, and as much as Forsgren can have a hight pitched vocice sometimes is way more bereable than Tate.

I guess you and me with Queensryche is like Hawk and me with Nevermore...a lost case :saint:

Savage - "Loose'N'Lethal"
Candlemass - "Death Magic Doom"

Bought again: Iron Maiden - Live After Death, 7th Son, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, NOTB.
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith remaster
Jethro Tull - Aqualung remaster
Helloween - Gambling With The Devil US edition
Edguy - Fucking With Fire DVD

VA- "Blackmore's Castle: A tribute to Deep Purple and Rainbow vol.2"
Bone Shaker - "Union"

Mostly from Sweden Rock, I did have a budget but then I found a vendor who took VISA and it all went out the window:

Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa
Bronx Casket Co. - s/t
Cage - Astrology
Crescent Shield - The Stars Of Never Seen
Holy Mother - Criminal Afterlife
Holy Mother - Toxic Rain
Iron Fire - Thunderstorm
Ride The Sky - New Protection
Riot - Narita
Riot - Live in Japan
Riot - Shine On
Riot - Army Of One
Sacred Steel - Slaughter Prophecy
Siam - Prayer
Ten - s/t
Ten - The Name Of The Rose

Your promotional work on Siam was the only reason I picked it up actually, was flipping through the CDs and thought "Hey, this album cover looks familiar". :lol:

So if it sucks, you owe me 4 euros.

You guys were right, it didn't suck. Great vocals!

Guess I have to order that Final Stage EP now (already got Through the Mirror from CM Distro a while back)...

Some more stuff came in the mail yesterday:
Cage - Science Of Annihilation
The Cult - Sonic Temple