Post your Hauls!

AOB is not a better AMOLAD is a zillion times astoundingly superior to AMOLAD (again fixed for you :heh:).

As for Aska I have their last three albums (and the first two as MP3s) and they have evolved a lot from NT to AP still for me they're a funny band, nothing to die for (with clearly Maiden influences but also Steel Prophet, Made Of Iron, Hamerheart)

Yeah, a zillion trillion. Except AMOLAD had the best song between the two: Benjamin Breeg. I quite like #6 (the song about Hell) on Accident of Birth though.

You should check out Dirty Deeds. Plus, the guitar tone on that record absolutely SLAYS.

I've only heard Avenger from ASKA which is a great album, though a tad cheesy. I sampled some of their earlier works and wasn't too impressed. Perhaps one day I'll revisit them.

Riot - Thundersteel (Finally!)

Not bad it only took you 21 years :lol:

Yeah, a zillion trillion. Except AMOLAD had the best song between the two: Benjamin Breeg.

Nah, boring song like the rest of the album. Besides 'Darkside Of Aquarius' slays anything.

I've only heard Avenger from ASKA which is a great album, though a tad cheesy. I sampled some of their earlier works and wasn't too impressed. Perhaps one day I'll revisit them.

That was also my first one, the newer album "Absolute Power" is much better IMO.

Not bad it only took you 21 years

Had the mp3s for years. Finally decided it was time.

Nah, boring song like the rest of the album. Besides 'Darkside Of Aquarius' slays anything.

Breeg was a damn fine song.

That was also my first one, the newer album "Absolute Power" is much better IMO.

Tried Absolute Power. From what I remember the production was kinda weak and it just never really hit me.

Tried Absolute Power. From what I remember the production was kinda weak and it just never really hit me.

You really must suffer a lot with the production thing. I mean there's a lot of music I truly enjoy I bet you'll find not suitable because of production. Sometimes (and I have said this to musicians here friends of mine) I love not being musically trained, I believe that musicians some or many times divorce from the music as enjoyment and look upon technical stuff thus missing the fun of it all.

You really must suffer a lot with the production thing.

Yup. Sometimes I'll completely ignore a record if it sounds like shit. Granted, a number of my favorite records sound like shit and were recorded rather weakly, so it's hard to say.

I will say this: like a movie or whatever else: if it's recorded / produced like shit, it makes it that much harder to enjoy it. If a record is easy on the ears it makes it that much easier to like.

I know I'm in the minority, but these three Maiden "reunion" albums are amazing, IMO. I particularly love "Life & Death"....it's on par with anything they've ever done, IMO. From strength to strength, they just continue to dominate.

Been a Bruce-solo kick lately. While his debut is a bit weak, I love all of his remaining records. "Balls to Picasso" really gets stronger as the years pass. :kickass:

Been a Bruce-solo kick lately. While his debut is a bit weak, I love all of his remaining records. "Balls to Picasso" really gets stronger as the years pass. :kickass:

If by debut you refer to "Tattooed Millionaire" I will say that to me it's not really his solo debut. That was a record he made while still in Maiden to try some stuff he had on his head and relate a bit to the music of his youth.

I consider properly his first solo album "Balls To Picasso" which at the beginning was also quite different from Maiden but a fast grower and solid effort. His subsequent albums (including the highly underrated "Skunkworks") are pure genius one after one, being AOB my favorite.

Nevertheless the fact that TOS was composed while he was back in Maiden proves not only that he still have what it takes outside Maiden, but that the chemistry between him and Roy Z is absolutely magic.

So actually I'm in the minority ;), because I know many here in the forum (and out there) likes the new Maiden albums too in various degrees, while I'm stubbornly believes that Bruce's solo efforts (minus TM) shine above all Maiden albums since 1988.

Pre-ordered some prog stuff that I think will be very good;
Guilt Machine ; a new Arjen Lucassen project with a Belgian singer, Jasper Steverlinck, who plays in a more alternative rock band called Arid. But he's got a superb voice, good choice from Arjen again!
Secondly I ordered the digipack (+shirt) of the first Subsignal album (previously Sieges Even), heard some samples and the sound awesome again !
Now it's just waiting for another month untill they are released...

I'm stubbornly believes that Bruce's solo efforts (minus TM) shine above all Maiden albums since 1988.

I second that !

I'm quite partial to the AOB/The Magician combo, 1-2 punch...

I also listened to AOB & Chemical Wedding on a weekend road trip, and I stand by AOB being the superior release, IMO, of course...

I also listened to AOB & Chemical Wedding on a weekend road trip, and I stand by AOB being the superior release, IMO, of course...
Agree 666%, love CW but AOB is superior :headbang:

Pre-ordered some prog stuff that I think will be very good;
Guilt Machine

I second that !

a) You sure about GM? I'm waiting because the songs I had checked at MySpace sounds to me a lot in the vein of Stream Of Passion but with a male vocalist. I'm feeling Arjen is loosing steam :erk:. Besides is too expensive, I'll wait to see if there's a cheaper release or I may find it at the PPX market in September.

b) Thanks for the support! :D

Saxon - "The Eagle Has Landed" (original CD version)
The Clan Destined - "In The Big Ending..." (specially for Brandon produced by James Murphy & Andy Sneap :D)

The last week or so...

Fatal Embrace - The ultimate Aggression
Seance - Awakening of the Gods
Faith Or Fear - Instruments of Death
Heretic - Breaking Point
Respawn - The Chaos Engine
Kreator - Endless Pain
Mordred - Fool`s Game
Foreigner - 4
Riot - Thundersteel (finally..... on CD..! Had it on vinyl for a long time.) :)

ok Heres some more recent ones

Destruction - Cracked Brain

Lock up - Hate Breeds Suffering

Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions

Testament - First Strike Still Deadly

Chris Caffery - Faces/The Goddamn War

Rhapsody - Tales From The Emerald Sword Saga

Belladonna - Spells of Fear

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

Death Angel - The Art of Dying

Shadow Gallery - Room V

Fates Warning - Awaken the Gaurdian (2005 Rerelease!)

Follow The Reaper is fucking awsome, I'd say it was their best album but they have 5 best albums tbh. Spiritual Black Dimensons is quite cool fro what I remember too. I have so much trouble with Destruction though I've heard bits on youtube ad had the album Devolution but it was totally lamein my opinion. They don't stok anything by em' a my local music store and whats worst I can't find any illiegal donloads, but Istill wnna listen to em'...
I have no idea about th rest of em' lol... Oh well Testament 1st strike still deadly is a live I think so that might be agood idea to buy, and Death Angel are retty sweet but I know vitually nothing about em' tbh... I wouldjust say good haul.

CD shopping day. Visited about 7 shops. Could have easily spend 100s if I had the money, some uber rare stuff too (like Fist, Destiny's End, Crimson Glory, etc.)

Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist and Yell
The Beatles - Early Tapes w/ Tony Sheridan
Slik Toxik - Smooth and Deadly EP
(hard to find)
Ozzy - Live at Budokan
Wolf - Black Wings
Crimson Glory - Stranger and Beautiful
(Decent album but upon listening, this sound too much like Extreme or Steelheart. Where's the Queensryche-like sound we all love about Crimson Glory?)
Fates Warning - Perfect Symmetry (Original)

4 Cassettes for $1:
Great White - Angel Song
Rollins Band - Weight
Extreme - S/T
Extreme - 3 Sides

The fucking awsome Prog Power X haul:

Ossian - "Az Utolsó Lázadó" (recommended by Orfanos:kickass:, hope they're good)
Ossian - "Gyútópotban"
Ossian - "Titkos Ünnep"
Ossian - "Hangerõmû"
Ossian - "Tűzkeresztség"

Primal Fear - "Primal Fear"
Primal Fear - "Jaws Of Death"
Primal Fear - "Nuclear Fire"
Primal Fear - "Black Sun"
Primal Fear - "Devil's Ground"

Cage - "Unveiled"
Cage - "Astrology"
Cage - "Hell Destroyer"
Cage - "Science Of Annihilation"

Guilt Machine - "On This Perfect Day"(CD + DVD version)
Agents Of Mercy - "The Fading Ghosts Of Twilight"
Twinspirits - "The Forbidden City"
Redemption - "Snowfall On Judgement Day"
Pretty Maids - "Planet Panic"
Pretty Maids - " Wake Up To The Real World"
Gary Moore - Victims Of The Future"
Thin Lizzy - "Still Dangerous"
Heathen - "Recovered"

Kruk - "Before He'll Kill You" (thank you Marvina for this gift:wave:)
Heretic - "Breaking Point" (yes Bryant I did follow your advice:cool:)
Hexenhaus - "A Tribute To Insanity" (can you believe nobody saw these gems?, I bought them on Saturday evening!)
Hexenhaus - "The Edge Of Eternity"
Hexenhaus - "Awakening"
Maninnya Blade - "Undead, Unborn, Alive..." (finally I got their album plus some extra tracks, actually it is a an official compilation)
Tank - "Tank" (I had a version with POTH and this one on one CD but to do it they cut a song from this one, so now I have all the albums complete).
Hellion - "Cold Night In Hell" (damn it is a transfer from a VHS sound, so it is basically a bootleg, even if it is released by Ann Boleyn label. I didn't know until I opned it here but was cheap and has my favorite Hellion song :D).

Heretic - "Breaking Point" (yes Bryant I did follow your advice:cool:)

Ahem. I believe you were there with me when I bought my copy. :saint:

Hexenhaus - "A Tribute To Insanity" (can you believe nobody saw these gems?, I bought them on Saturday evening!)

How are you liking them?

I'm currently working my way through the PPUSA Sampler CD. WOW, there are some incredible acts on those discs!!! Edgend are fucking awesome and like Myrath sound VERY similar to Symphony X. Haven't even begun to dig into my haul from the fest which pales in comparison to Rolando's mega-haul.