Post your Hauls!

Wyvern said:
I'm still have "Point Of Entry" as the weakest link in the JP (Halford era) discography. And I definitively remember when RID came as a sheer improvement over "Turbo", and I like the latter.

Dissing the record that gave us "Hot Rockin", "Heading out to the Highway" and "Desert Plains" .... whoah!

Wyvern said:
Of course! First time I played the title track I already felt a Pink Floyd vibe, and then I found a review confirming my sense.
As for Beatles influence, it won't surprise me as Portnoy is a big fan of the band, he even play in a tribute band if I don't recall bad.

Didn't know that, interesting! BTW... on the title track.. there is a line that says "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" more strongly reinforcing what I said before... I just caught that today on my way to work...

Pabla said:
Didn't know that, interesting! BTW... on the title track.. there is a line that says "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" more strongly reinforcing what I said before... I just caught that today on my way to work...

Hmm, didn't noticed that. Thanks for the hint I'll check the lyrics throughly next time.

ZoMb!M@N said:
Dissing the record that gave us "Hot Rockin", "Heading out to the Highway" and "Desert Plains" .... whoah!

'Solar Angels' too, but the rest are bad to crap. It was the first JP album where I cut tracks from the recording.

Got these a few days ago

Inflames - Lunar Strain (Reissiue) What a great Fucking album!!! they sounded so *Important* back then ... wtf happened!?!?

Obituary - Frozen in Time ... Great Return!!! like they never left .... the only problem is this is a very Dull album :(

Candlemass - S/T.... 2 words Fucking Great!!!!!

Alice in Chains - Dirt ... at $9.99 I couldnt help myself

JonnyD said:
Candlemass - S/T.... 2 words Fucking Great!!!!!

Three words Ultra Fucking Great:wave: One of the best comebacks in years.

Wyvern said:
Three words Ultra Fucking Great
wavey.gif
One of the best comebacks in years.

it really is and fuckin A we waited long enough to get it!

Yngwie Malmsteen - "Unleash The Fury"
Tytan - "Rough Justice"
Grim Reaper - "Rock You To Hell"
The String Quartet - "Tribute To Pink Floyd"

and a movie:

"The Bloody Judge"

Last minute additions::hotjump:

Shaaman - "Reason"
Redemption - "The Fullness Of Time" (Hawk recommendation ;) )
Manigance - "Memories...Live"

JonnyD said:
Alice in Chains - Dirt ... at $9.99 I couldnt help myself

Excellent disc. I'm a little tired of Rooster but Down in a Hole and Would? still get me going every damn time. Angry Chair has always been a favorite too.

Yesterday I realized I hadn't bought a single CD this month, so on the way home from work I stopped at Best Buy to get the new Nevermore and Flotsam & Jetsam discs. They didn't have either. WTF! I couldn't leave empty handed so here is what I got.

Demons and Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King
3 inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil (It was $9.99 so I figured I would give it a shot)

Then I got an email from Century Media for the new Nevermore and Arch Enemy CD's. 10 bucks each with free shipping and you get a poster from each band as well. Great deal, so I ordered them yesterday too. Now I still need to get that damn Flotsam disc!!!

That sucks bad bro'! Whenever I can't find the cds I need I just go to Amazon. Most of the time they have what I am looking for.

Just got from lasercd.com:

Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter
Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic Calling (yes, finally)
November's Doom - To Welcome the Fade
Beyond Twilight - Section X
Indukti (new one, Riverside/Tool-ish)
Redemption - The Fullness of Time
The Iced Earth DVD (yes, finally)

MetalAges said:
Just got from lasercd.com:

Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter

I like it but I don't think its the masterpiece that some people say it is.

MetalAges said:
Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic Calling (yes, finally)

Now this *is* a masterpiece. Really fantastic album thats going to be high on my year list. And thats saying something because its been a very strong year!

MetalAges said:
November's Doom - To Welcome the Fade

I still have to check them out.

MetalAges said:
Beyond Twilight - Section X

Good album and I like the new singer. I have to play it a bit more.

MetalAges said:
Indukti (new one, Riverside/Tool-ish)

MetalAges said:
Redemption - The Fullness of Time

Up 'til now this has been the surprise of the year for me. A very strong album that works on all levels. Good lyrics, great music and production. Ray's vocals are better than I ever heard them.

MetalAges said:
The Iced Earth DVD (yes, finally)

Still have to see it.

Nice to see some prog-metal albums here! :wave:

Let me know how you like them. have you heard the new Nevermore yet?

Hawk said:
Up 'til now this has been the surprise of the year for me. A very strong album that works on all levels. Good lyrics, great music and production. Ray's vocals are better than I ever heard them.

Same here (thanks Hawk!), I had never been into Alder vocals with FW but Redemption new album is a winner by own right.

@ Metalages: yeah Laser's Edge is a great place, I got my copy of Redemption from them too. I try nevertheless not much to go there, too tempting for my unstable finances :ill:

Wyvern said:
Same here (thanks Hawk!), I had never been into Alder vocals with FW but Redemption new album is a winner by own right.

Could it be that Van Dyk writing the lyrics and vocal melodies has something to do with that? The last few minutes of the disc is vintage Alder, IMO. That last song just freakin' grabs me by the throat and demands that I listen from start to finish. Ok, so the whole disc does but, DAMN!, that last track...

Wyvern said:
@ Metalages: yeah Laser's Edge is a great place, I got my copy of Redemption from them too. I try nevertheless not much to go there, too tempting for my unstable finances :ill:

The owner of Laser's Edge is the Executive Producer on the Redemption disc. I guess he also owns Sensory. What a good year for him and the label so far -- Redemption and Circus Maximus. I'm not overly fond of the CM disc but I seem to be in the minority.