Post your Hauls!

Greeno said:
Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil

What do you think on this one? I'm possibly about to order it soon, and even if I heard it I will like your opinion.

Wyvern said:
What do you think on this one? I'm possibly about to order it soon, and even if I heard it I will like your opinion.

The music is full on thrash but the vocals are very raw/rough sounding, almost a bit of a growl to them. They remind me of Kreator. It's interesting and worth a listen but not something I'll be listening to every day. :)

Greeno said:
The music is full on thrash but the vocals are very raw/rough sounding, almost a bit of a growl to them. They remind me of Kreator. It's interesting and worth a listen but not something I'll be listening to every day. :)

That's why I wanted your opinion I know you hated growls too :lol: But actually I found the vocals much less harsh than Kreator, and even they refined towards "Agent Orange". I'm looking forward to get both albums soon, thanks for the input Greeno :wave:

Greeno said:
Found a few cd's today....

Savatage - "Streets" A Rock Opera
Savatage - Dead Winter Dead
Scorpions - Deadly Sting: The Mercury Years
Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil
Vixen - Vixen

I was never into Savatage back in the day but I've seen alot of you guys talk about them so I thought I'd give them a shot.

For Savatage you should get .... well all their albums they are all special and unique in their own ways But Get Gutter Ballet and Edge of Thorns!!!

Wicked Child said:
In adition, also get Hall of the Mountain King and Sirens.

The Dungeons are calling!

OK... at Gigantour... got Nevermore single and Nevermore pre-order (Signed too! :) )

Got Octavarium by DT pre-signed (only band not signing :Smug: ) Man... this album is a gem... I truly don't know why some people are so upset about it.. what gives! Then again I am one of those people that loves TOT... I love their moments of "harder edge"

Recently i purchased

Primal fear ST
Primal Fear Devils Ground
Primal Fear Nuclear Fire on order
Wizard Magic Circle
Black Majesty Silent Company
Darkane Layers Of Lies
Black Dahlia Murder Miasma

Pabla said:
Got Octavarium by DT pre-signed (only band not signing :Smug: ) Man... this album is a gem... I truly don't know why some people are so upset about it.. what gives!

Ay chica te adoro :D

I truly enjoy "Octavarium", it had grown rapidly on me since its purchase.

Wicked Child said:
Black Sabbath-Tyr

d055.gif

Wicked Child said:
It's all about "Jerusalem". That song RULES.

It'll be 'Valhalla' for me, but 'Jerusalem' and 'Heaven In Black' also deliver big time.

Wyvern said:
Ay chica te adoro :D

I truly enjoy "Octavarium", it had grown rapidly on me since its purchase.

d055.gif

I loved it from the first listen....I don't know if you can hear it, but IMO it has a lot of "classic rock" moments... at times they have a Beatles kinda feel... very nice!

Y yo ya sabia eso! :p

Pabla said:
I loved it from the first listen....I don't know if you can hear it, but IMO it has a lot of "classic rock" moments... at times they have a Beatles kinda feel... very nice!

Y yo ya sabia eso! :p

Of course! First time I played the title track I already felt a Pink Floyd vibe, and then I found a review confirming my sense.
As for Beatles influence, it won't surprise me as Portnoy is a big fan of the band, he even play in a tribute band if I don't recall bad.

Latest haul:

Judas Priest - Ram It Down
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Obiturary - Frozen In Time
Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked

#1_Droogie said:
I'd have to say that's the worst Priest album, dont like a single song on there, except the title track of course

What!? not "Hard as Iron"? or "Heavy Metal"? or "I'm a Rocker"? or "Blood Red Skies"? I find Ram It Down to be one of their more underrated albums.

I bought Ram It Down having only heard the title track and the Johnny B Goode cover - just thought I would give it a shot myself.

It's not terrible but it's not great either.

The title track or Hard As Iron are my fave track.

Wicked Child said:
What!? not "Hard as Iron"? or "Heavy Metal"? or "I'm a Rocker"? or "Blood Red Skies"? I find Ram It Down to be one of their more underrated albums.

Agree, 'Hard As Iron' kick serious ass :headbang:

Dodens Grav said:
Ram It Down is certainly not as bad as Turbo or Point Of Entry. In fact, it's fairly strong.

I'm still have "Point Of Entry" as the weakest link in the JP (Halford era) discography. And I definitively remember when RID came as a sheer improvement over "Turbo", and I like the latter.

#1_Droogie said:
I'd have to say that's the worst Priest album, dont like a single song on there, except the title track of course

C'mon dude .... you'd rather listen to Turbo??

Being a huge Priest fan, "Turbo" made me real nervous that Rob might come out of the closet for good right then...... :tickled: I didn't really feel better until Painkiller came out......