Post your Hauls!

No new albums in a month, but i've just spent the last 4 days at the HUUUUUUUGE San Diego Comic-Con. And since this is the "Post Your Hauls" thread, even though not music, i'll post my comic book haul here. I think i'm the only comic book geek here, but for those who care, this is what i got:

Single issue books:

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #1-#4
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #6-#10
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #50
Daredevil: the Man Without Fear #1-#5
Rann-Thanagar War #3
Villians United # 3
House of M #3
Iron Man: House of M #3
All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder #1
Superman #219
Action Comics #829

Prestiege Format books:

Lex Luthor: The Unathorized Biography
Batman: The Killing Joke

Paperback collections:

Y: The Last Man vol. 4: Safeword
Y: The Last Man vol. 5: Ring of Truth
Daredevil: Yellow
The Flash:Born to Run
Ex-Machina: The First Hundred Days
Batman: Haunted Knight
Saga of the Swamp Thing

Yup. BIIIIG haul. That's what happens when you save money for a year.

I also got to meet former wrestler Virgil, current wrestler Rob Van Dam, one of mt favorite comic writers of all time, Brian K. Vaughn(writer of Ex-Machina, Y: The Last Man, The Runaways and Ultimate X-Men), co-creator and artist of Y: the Last Man Pia Guerra, who both signed my copy of Y: The Last Man #1,i also met movie director/comic book writer Brian Singer(directed The Usual Suspects and the X-Men movies and is slated to replace Brian K. Vaughn as writer for the Ultimate X-Men comic), actor Jack Black, actor Bruce Campbell, actor Marlon Wayans and Glenn Danzig. Pretty cool last few days, i'd say.

Gongzilla "Live In Concert" DVD

and still waiting for some stuff to show up(Damn it's taking tooo long :D ):

Bloodrock - Triptych
Nightsun - Mournin'
Veni Domine - Fall Babylon Fall

-Torben-

Wicked Child said:
I think i'm the only comic book geek here,

Batman: The Killing Joke

Nope, you not the only comic book geek here. :) I collected for about 15 years, up until about 1998 or so. I stopped because the new books cost way toooo much. The Killing Joke book is a classic!!! Great cover.

Found some cool stuff at my buddies place today (he's a dealer on Gemm and other places).

----VINYL----
Scavenger - Battlefields
Maltese Falcon - Metal Rush
Mistreater - s/t
Syra - Death Before Dishonour
Steelover - Glove Me
Killer - Young Blood
Takashi - Kamikaze Killers (e.p.)
Proud - Fire Breaks the Dawn
Screamer - Target Earth

----CD's----
Holocaust - the Nightcomers
Obsession - Marshal Law (e.p.)
Zinny J. Zan - City Boy Bloes

Greeno said:
Nope, you not the only comic book geek here. :) I collected for about 15 years, up until about 1998 or so. I stopped because the new books cost way toooo much. The Killing Joke book is a classic!!! Great cover.

Oh my God, The Killing Joke is amazing. It's HANDS DOWN one of the best Batman stories of all-time, and there are plenty great Batman stories out there, so that says something. Alan Moore is a genius. V For Vendetta, Batman: The Killing Joke, From Hell, League of Extrordinary Gentleman THE MOTHERFUCKING WATCHMEN!!! Brilliance, pure and simple.

And yeh, comic prices are kinda steep these days. $2.50-$3.00 a book now! I follow 8 titles currently, that adds up after a month! But i have to feed my addiction!

What are your favorites?

Wicked Child said:
What are your favorites?

Oh man, I've been out of it for so long. Let's see... The standard stuff Batman, X-men, Green Lantern... One of my favs was the late 80's Justice League, that was some funny shit! Also liked the DC adult/horror title like Preacher and Sandman and Death.

Magnitude 9 - Reality in Focus
Symphorce - Sinctuary
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Redemption - The Fullness of Time
November's Doom - To Welcome the Fade
DC Cooper - S/T
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian (Remaster, live/demo DVD)

Wheezer said:
Redemption - The Fullness of Time
DC Cooper - S/T

Hawk got me into the new Redemption, I'll get it too soon I guess.

D.C. Cooper album is great. PC69 playing plus Gunther Werno on keys, great combo and great music.

ZoMb!M@N said:
got a few pieces of vinyl via E-bay:

Dio - Sacred Heart
Rage - Execution Guaranteed
Slipknot - Ltd Edition red vinyl "Duality" single
haha Slipknot on vinyl......that seems sort of....."sacreligious" :loco:

Overkill-Necroshine I know, i know. One of my favorite bands EVER, and i never had this album until now. But i have it now!

Dead Kennedys-Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables Easily one of the best punk albums of all time.

Rainbow-Long Live Rock n' Roll Nothing needs to be said. Classic!

Legion-Shadow of the King Debut album of a new traditional style metal band from New Jersey. Got their CD sent to me to review. They definitely have 70's and 80's metal flowing through their veins! Great for the old schooler! Highly recommended!

Wyvern said:
Hawk got me into the new Redemption, I'll get it too soon I guess.

I'm on my very first listen right now. It's not what I expected but it's quite good IMO. Hell, Alder could sing a calculus textbook and I'd be happy.

Wyvern said:
D.C. Cooper album is great. PC69 playing plus Gunther Werno on keys, great combo and great music.

It was $6 at Laser's Edge. Too good to pass up. I'm looking forward to seeing PC 69 in September. They sound like a fun band to see. I'm also thinking about checking out Royal Hunt since I also like John West a fair bit. Suggestions of where to start would be appreciated. :)

Gunther is one of the coolest musicians I've met. Last year at Prog Power was his birthday and he was pretty well lit. Two years ago he was explaining a bit about the evolution of keyboards in metal. He started off by using Bon Jovi as a primitive example and to explain how far things had come. I wish I could remember more of what he said because it was fairly funny.

Wheezer said:
I'm on my very first listen right now. It's not what I expected but it's quite good IMO. Hell, Alder could sing a calculus textbook and I'd be happy.

It was $6 at Laser's Edge. Too good to pass up. I'm looking forward to seeing PC 69 in September. They sound like a fun band to see. I'm also thinking about checking out Royal Hunt since I also like John West a fair bit. Suggestions of where to start would be appreciated. :)

Gunther is one of the coolest musicians I've met. Last year at Prog Power was his birthday and he was pretty well lit. Two years ago he was explaining a bit about the evolution of keyboards in metal. He started off by using Bon Jovi as a primitive example and to explain how far things had come. I wish I could remember more of what he said because it was fairly funny.

I am looking Forward to seeing PC69 too!!!! I bet they will rock!!!! .... Gunter is a cool shit!!! and boy was he hammered!!!! hahahaha I remember Him, Bryant and Myself wandering around the Granada trying to Find I believe shayes room ... I'll give ya one guess who the sober one was! :p ... That was also when we Harrased Glen Barry of Kamelot which was fun too :D

JonnyD said:
I am looking Forward to seeing PC69 too!!!! I bet they will rock!!!! .... Gunter is a cool shit!!! and boy was he hammered!!!! hahahaha I remember Him, Bryant and Myself wandering around the Granada trying to Find I believe shayes room ... I'll give ya one guess who the sober one was! :p ... That was also when we Harrased Glen Barry of Kamelot which was fun too :D

Here, this ought to bring back some memories:
http://www.pbase.com/wieser537/image/34081511

JonnyD said:
FUCK YEAH DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Awsome!!!! I'v been wanting to see that!!!! Thanks!!!

EDIT: That is also cool cause now I can actually remember who the Hell you are!!! :Spin: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was sooooo freakin' ready to go to sleep at that point. :)

You saw the rest of the gallery there too, right?