Post your Hauls!

Just got Sabaton's - Primo Victoria !!!! in the mail. Awesome CD! It's done the way it should be! They need to find a distributor in the USA.

I did some research on the net and found out that 'Sabaton' has a couple of releases previous to this one? I'm working on getting them too. :tickled:

I was in Hasting's yesterday... stopped in on my way home from work and saw Bruce Dickinson's Tyranny of Souls. I picked it up and got in line! I stood there forever waiting for the painfully slow cashiers to help the people in line ahead of me. I got so frustrated I put it back and left!

Now.. don't worry I'll go back and get it! :Spin:

I'm head to a Virgin Megastore this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes! :headbang:

rokk said:
Just got Sabaton's - Primo Victoria !!!! in the mail. Awesome CD! It's done the way it should be! They need to find a distributor in the USA.

I did some research on the net and found out that 'Sabaton' has a couple of releases previous to this one? I'm working on getting them too. :tickled:
:headbang:

That's my #1 album of the year, pure uncompromised metal by-the-book. Sabaton theoreticlly has two albums before:

1. "Fist For Fight": it's thier self-produced demo, but the quality is so good that actually is their debut. Great sound, comes in a digipack withpics and lyrics. Underground Symphony (now defunct) distributed.
  2. "Metalizer": never released. Underground Symphony took forever and then dissapeared or so. So Sbaton got pissed went and recorded another album which is "Primo Victoria", so depending on where you stand it's their second or third.

My haul from the "Virgin"

Icarus Witch - Roses and White Lace... Already had this burned but its so great and hey... it was only $5

Demons & Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King... Picked this up courtesy of a few recommendations from the likes of you! And songs about Stephen King's 'Gunslinger' !!! BONUS! Great Metal!

Iommi - Fused... 'Dopamine' so far is the stand out track for me! It gets my heart pumpin' ;)

Also got HammerFall - Legacy of Kings, off Ebay. Excellent Metal!

I almost picked up a CD called 'Dungeon' - One Step Beyond... and decided not to. Once I got home and sampled some MP3's tho I now wish I had picked it up! http://www.dungeon.cd/please_link_to_www.dungeon.cd_and_not_this_page.html Anyone else hear about these guys?

Some might call me weird because of this but what should I do...

Tapes:
S.E.K. : Mehr Nägel für das Schwein (Best titel ever, this means "More nails for the pig" - harhar)
Front Beast : Black Pest Metal

CDs:
System of a down : Mesmerized
Naglfar : Pariah
Turisas : Battle Metal
Enthroned : XES Hereticum
I forgot the rest....

LPs:
Axxis : Kingdom of the night (thanks to ebay ;-) )

CIRCUS MAXIMUS - 1ST CHAPTER
COUNTER-WORLD EXPERIENCE - FRAKTAL
RAM JAM - THE VERY BEST OFF
TALISMAN - WORLD'S BEST KEPT SECRET (DVD)
TNT - TRANSISTOR

None metal:

Gongzilla - Live (DVD)
François Thollot - Ceux d'en Face
François Thollot - Contact

-Torben-

I dont really group my purchases into "hauls" because.....well, I dont have the money to do so, lol, but I just picked up a used copy of
Sacred Reich - Independent :headbang:
this is my first Sacred Reich album, and I have to say I love it. I've heard they were called thrash before, while I can see it in the riffs....it's more of like a Testament's PWYP kind of thrash,than say, like Coroner's R.I.P.
but having said that, I see that it was released in '93, and a lot of thrash bands were slowing down and becoming heavier in the 90's, so I will DEFINATELY check out their older material.....any recommendations on where I should start?

Church Of Misery - "Master Of Brutality"
Impaler - "If We Had Brains...We'd Be Dangerous"
Zoetrope - "Amnesty"
Zoetrope - "A Life Of Crime"

Dodens Grav said:
A nice Southern Lord pick there. And Impaler doesn't get nearly enough attention, quite frankly. Zoetrope is certainly an enjoyable listen as well. Nice haul.

Thanks, I frankly wasn't too sure about COM. I'm not insto staoner as much as classic doom, but this one has so much classic Black Sabbath spirit into it that works fine.

Impaler I guess is among the countless speed metal acts that never got enough recognition, I'm glad I discover them.

I need to spin deper Zoetrope but the pre-purchase check gave me what I want from a thrash band, lately I have been on a speed/thrash streak.

Dodens Grav said:
Frankly, I find the majority of the Southern Lord roster pretty enjoyable outside of the Drone Doom bands like Earth and Sunn O))), but some of them use growls instead of clean vocals. Like Sourvein, they're a great old school sounding Doom act, but they use growls, so I'm not sure if you'd like them.

Drone bores me to death, I prefer epic or classical Sabbath oriented doom. I checked Sourvein and didn't like it. Nevertheless I'm glad that Southern Lord does focuses on doom, cause I find usually difficult to get (except for the big names like Cathedral).

And freshly arrived:

Rata Blanca - "La Llave De La Puerta Secreta" (Purple influenciated classic/power from Argentina), brand 2005 album from my favorite band from the motherland.

Minotauri - "Minotauri": classic doom from Finland, edited in Italy and basically the debut based on scattered songs from 2000-2003

Sodom - "Agent Orange": well I guess it had to happens, finally I got A Sodom album :lol: Not bad it took me over 15 years to dig Angelripper vocals.

Exciter - "Heavy Metal Maniac", another of the 2005 Megaforce reissues with 2 bonus tracks and 3 interviews.

Exciter - "Unveiled The Wicked", as above but without bonus tracks. This is a circle closer for me. First time I saw this record a friend much more into metal at the time bought the vinyl in US. He brought it back and I consider the cover shocking but appealing at the same time, the music on the other hand was like :yuk: . Go figure after all those years I was going to buy the album and like it :D

Just ordered:
Stormwitch - Stronger than Heaven and Tales of Terror :headbang: great albums !!
Defending the Faith - Radical changes, don´t really know how they are, but the guitar man Robbi Balci used play guitar with Stormwitch and drums (!) with Death in Action. Just curious.

Bought Spiritual Beggars - Demons the other day and have just ordered

Cathedral - Carnival Bizarre
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night

GLAM HAUL! :wave:

Midnight Circus - Money Shot :headbang:
Vain - On the Line :D
Fat Nancy - Pure American Muscle, Baby :p
Tuff - History of Tuff :err:
Hey That's what I call Sludge-Volume-1 :D
Kings of Sunset Strip - "Volume-1" o_O
LOUD N NASTY - 'Teaser, Teaser' :loco: