Post your tattoos

Yakuza tats are my favorite - the whole shirt pieces are breathtaking - I like sleeves and backpieces better than individual ones. Sadly I tend to yo-yo with my weight so I don't trust myself to get any serious work done.

If I were in Japan for a considerable length of time,I know i'd get one.I love the story telling that goes on in those pieces,even though I don't quite understand them.

I've thought about it, but they are exclusively associated with yakuza here and since they (yakuza) basically own the entire region I live in and are taken very seriously as authority figures, being a foreigner and a female it's really not a smart idea for me to get tattooed.

Really?So there are no palours there that will tattoo your average everyday citizen?If so that's a damn shame.Traditional Japanese tatts are quite common here,it sux that they seem to be associated with organised crime in the country that they originated.

Really?So there are no palours there that will tattoo your average everyday citizen?If so that's a damn shame.Traditional Japanese tatts are quite common here,it sux that they seem to be associated with organised crime in the country that they originated.

They WILL tattoo them if you pay them, but tattoos are still very very fringe here. If you have ink you can't go in a lot of public bathhouses/hot springs unless you cover them up. There are exceptions for foreigners sometimes but for native Japanese tattoos are pretty taboo.

In most decent sized cities there are tattoo artists and some edgy hipster types who have tattoos.

It's pretty straightforward.

Rigid mainstream society --> higher rates of perverts and suicides and more extreme "fringe/edge" countercultures

Got two tattoos I'm going to be getting in the future:
Right arm:
merlin_and_vivien_in_repose-400.jpg

Left Arm:
Durer_Melancolia.JPG

I do have a backup for the Durer Melancholia piece if it doesn't work out.

Still deciding on whether or not I want a back piece.

This is my first and only among the many I plan to get, on my back, right below my neck. I plan to expand it further but I don't have ideas yet. This was taken two weeks after getting it done so the colour was still vibrant. Really need to get it touched up!

awKiw.jpg

So, don't have any tattoos yet, as I was never sure of anything I'd really want to get one of, but I want to get something camera/photography related, I think. Either a camera, or maybe just aperture blades to start out or something, I dunno yet.