Alexi's tattoos

Nikotiini said:
What is the point of joining the armed forces if you have a college degree? And if you want tattoos, wtf is the point of hiding them? Tattoos are expensive, if you're thinking about "hiding" them, be sure that you want them in the first place. :err:

First of all, i'm not in what America or Canada would consider a college. Here in Scotland that'd be considered a university. I'm studying for a lesser qualification in professional cookery. Secondly, just about every officer in the US Armed Forces, as well as the British forces, has some form of degree or went through some kind of higher education. So, there's quite a big point in going into the forces if you've got a college degree; it gives you alot more choice in the kind of job you want to do. =)

Also, i'm getting a half sleeve on my upper arm because it would be hidden in a British Army uniform, but it'd also be seen in my normal clothes, you know? They're quite strict about tattoos when people join the forces, but are generally cool about them after you're in, as long as they're not on your hands, face, neck, etc. =P

inhe said:
Everyone doesn't get a tattoo to flash it to everyone, some people actually like having something personal that they only show to their friends or whatever. The point is that people get tattoos for different reasons.

My feelings exactly.

I have a tattoo and its in a place that only a few people have seen. I got it because i have always wanted one and it reminds me of a very happy time in my life.