Power metal bands

Medusa's eyes said:
Does Evergrey make power metal? :err:

I have to agree that they are not as power metal as the other bands I listed. I still think their style is pretty close to power as they use a lot of minor key melodies, mixing speed and twin guitar harmonies like many power bands. They are also heavier and more progressive than these other bands.

So whatever you label them, I think that, being a SX fan, Epicous should take a look at this awesome band. :headbang:

I didn't find elements part 1 that great, and elements part 2 offers nothing new in my opinion.

My Favorite Power Metal albums would have to be:

1. Sonata Arctica - Silence
2. Kamelot - Epica
3. Angra - Rebirth
4. Kamelot - Karma
5. Nightwish - Wishmaster

Evergrey is a mixture of Prog and the best power metal elements
which create an awesome sound. But I wouldn't classify Evergrey as pure Power...

My favourite power metal bands and albums are:

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2, The Dark Ride
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Otherside, Nightfall in Middle-Earth
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider, Something Wicked This Way Comes
Kamelot - Karma

That's about as much power metal I can stand, otherwise, in my opinion, there are way too many power metal bands that sound like one another.

Oh dude, how could I forget Dark Moor? They have the most killer guitar melodies and harmonies! Those guys just rock. I haven't heard the stuff with the new singer yet, and I'm sorta scared to.

Kazahana - I checked out Dragonforce... pretty cool stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

Some awesome power metal bands have not been mentioned.

Dragonhammer (dont let the name fool ya)
Twilightning
Asperity
Platitude
Thunderstone
Dionysus
DarkFire
Wizards (not to be mistaked with the bands Wizzards, and Wizard)
Dreamtale

OfSinsAndShred said:
Oh dude, how could I forget Dark Moor? They have the most killer guitar melodies and harmonies! Those guys just rock. I haven't heard the stuff with the new singer yet, and I'm sorta scared to.

Kazahana - I checked out Dragonforce... pretty cool stuff, thanks for the recommendation.
New stuff is great, and the old female singer has a new kick ass band called DREAMAKER. Just picked up both the new Dark Moor, and the Dreamaker, and like em both alot.