Other Power and Progressive Metal bands

If you haven't checked out Angra's latest two albums (Aqua and Aurora Consurgens) you really should, and if that doesn't hit the spot Seventh Wonder WILL satiate your desires for amazing progressive metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRDa-xTfwg&feature=related

Been awhile since I've hear so random sounding prog metal song. And no...even how impressive those fast guitar/bass runs were it didn't help the song in my books at all. :zzz:

I thought Seventh Wonder was too cheesy. And I listen to fucking Gamma Ray and Freedom Call. Maybe I was expecting something else.

Psychotic Waltz - Into the Everflow

and

Sieges Even - Steps

are crowing achievements of prog metal, in my humble opinion better than anything SX has done, despite how much I love SX. Put simply, you haven't heard prog metal until you've heard them

and

Sieges Even - Steps

are crowing achievements of prog metal, in my humble opinion better than anything SX has done, despite how much I love SX. Put simply, you haven't heard prog metal until you've heard them

Will check these out. :)

Cheers

and

Sieges Even - Steps

Have you heard 7 for 4? I think that's Wolfgang Zenk best work with all three of their discs being better then Steps...

PW is an exellent recomendation with A Social Grace being just as good as Into...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Firewind before but they're pretty solid power metal. They're new album came out on Monday called "Days of Defiance" and I think it's a really good listen.

Have you heard 7 for 4? I think that's Wolfgang Zenk best work with all three of their discs being better then Steps...

PW is an exellent recomendation with A Social Grace being just as good as Into...

7 for 4 is fun - Zenk is such a vibrant soloist. But even so, I like Sieges Even's other guitarist even more and Steps is my favorite album by them. And yeah A Social Grace is really good too, very solid songwriting, but I think Into the Everflow comes together better as a whole and Buddy Lackey didn't hog the spotlight as much (the only PW album where he didn't, unfortunately), allowing all of the members' talents to shine. Both great, but ItE is extraordinary, like I said, I'd take it over any SX CD, which isn't a small compliment.

Uhm...adding Payne's Gray (Grey?) to the list. mid-90's prog metal that sounded like it belonged in the late 80's, ala very early (as in pre-I&W) Dream Theater with shades of FW and Queensryche

Darkwater,their new cd "Where stories end",you won't be disappointed

I love this band !!!
Im haveing a problem with the mix on this new album tho mostly the guitar the last album sounded so much better , just feels like the guitar has no punch to it , or is it just me? but the music in all is pretty dam good

glad to read there's another Darkwater freak.Check them out this album,a
perfect mix of Evergrey,pain of salvation,Shadow Gallery,very melodic with
strange structures and many instrumental parts. Don't miss the new transatlantic dvd live too,more than 5 hours long .Keep progging!!!!!!!!