power prog fest review PICS

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
A quick and painless review on the Power Prog Fest :

I think Glenn should take legal action…all night people kept messing up and calling it ProgPower West……nuf said bout that.

I pretty sure the promoter lost his ass on this show. Turnout was very poor due to lack or promotion. Which in turn was good for me cuz I got to get side stage and take pics during Nevermore's set. \m/ I’m only guessing when I say maybe 300 tops. The label that handles Scarred looks like they had a few of their other bands play the show as well, there were several Death/Black metal bands playing but I wasn’t interested in those. The promoter must be linked with that label because we certainly couldn’t figure out why Scarred played right before Nevermore instead of Agent Steel, who put on a kick ass show, pumped the crowd up got everyone wild to listen to Scarred who most never heard of and are mediocre at best.

Doors opened an hour late. Goodie bag consisted of a Scarred sticker, bottle opener and EP. A Century Media 2006 Sampler cd, Noctuary cd and a CM Distro 2 disc sampler. The one thing that was shocking was no security (I never saw any) and no purse or backpack checks at the door. Could’ve made for some huge mistakes but everyone all day was just hangin’ and chillin enjoying all the music and friendly people.

Went in and out the door all night which was great because we had an ice chest full of food and drinks.

Highlights for me were Deception, Cage, Benedictum, Zero Hour , Agent Steel and but of course Nevermore! It was great we got to meet Curufin (Drew) and his friends John and Holden. Cannot wait to party with them at PP VII!! Pete and Jesse from Benedictum were really cool and I think Benedictum would be great for next years preparty, I’m sure Hawk, Carnut and many others would agree with me.

The one thing that this festival had was an S & M bondage/fetish show after Nevermore played. LOL LOL actually it wasn’t part of the festival. It’s a Sunday night happening at the Knitting Factory….was just taken off guard as we were leaving the venue to see some half naked girl tied up being whipped, girls with panties that said “got rope” and a man wearing a vinyl bustier.

Nevermore’s Set List
Final Product
Next in Line
Enemies of Reality
Matricide (They skipped it, but it was on the set list)
Acid Words
River Dragon
I, Voyager
What Tomorrow Knows/Garden of Grey
Never Purify
Inside Four Walls
This Godless Endeavor
Born
Dead Heart (No Intro)
Narcosynthesis
Engines of Hate
100_3088.jpg

100_3094.jpg

veronica.jpg

100_3086.jpg

100_3154.jpg

100_3132.jpg

100_3164.jpg

100_3133.jpg

100_3155.jpg

100_3138.jpg

100_3115.jpg

Kittybeast (Kristy), Pabla, John, Curufin (Drew) and Holden

kittybeast said:
to see some half naked girl tied up being whipped, girls with panties that said “got rope” and a man wearing a vinyl bustier.

And the pics? :p

kittybeast said:

WOW! She really have big...nails :heh:

100_3115.jpg

Kittybeast (Kristy), Pabla, John, Curufin (Drew) and Holden

Nice pic indeed, glad you all have a great time. Now rest for the thermonuclear event at Atlanta :headbang:

Man that was an awesome show... even though I loved Nevermore I'd have to say Benedictum were my fav... very cool guys too~Hawk or Carnut... whoever posts first gets signed guitar strings from Benedictum :)

Pabla said:
Man that was an awesome show... even though I loved Nevermore I'd have to say Benedictum were my fav... very cool guys too~Hawk or Carnut... whoever posts first gets signed guitar strings from Benedictum :)

Signed guitar strings ?? Text must be pretty small than ?? :lol:

it wasn't hard to beat Hawk as he hasn't got an internet connection untill he moves to his new flat next week :kickass:

I'm really glad you liked Benedictum that much, it's really an awesome live band that screams for more attention !!! And on top indeed are very nice people to talk to .. The other bands also seemed very interesting, as you probably know the Hawk-Carnut duo is very US-metal minded !!:headbang:

carnut said:
Signed guitar strings ?? Text must be pretty small than ?? :lol:

it wasn't hard to beat Hawk as he hasn't got an internet connection untill he moves to his new flat next week :kickass:

I'm really glad you liked Benedictum that much, it's really an awesome live band that screams for more attention !!! And on top indeed are very nice people to talk to .. The other bands also seemed very interesting, as you probably know the Hawk-Carnut duo is very US-metal minded !!:headbang:

LMAO... they are obviously still in the wrapper, hahahaha!

Cool, they are yours... I will give them over to KB since I know she is collecting goodies to send off to you guys :)

LOL, you are american-minded and KB and I are mostly euro-minded being that our fav bands (Maiden, Scorps) are from abroad :cool:

sixxswine said:
Kitty I have a request...
Could I use your live shot of Victoria for the interview
I conducted for Pivotal Rage? 100% credit will be given to you...
I'll await your response...
SIXX

OF COURSE! Thank you for asking though. :headbang: Sadly we missed her and some of the other band members. Can't wait to read the interview!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You're a pervert, brother Wyv! LOL

Hey Kitty, how was Cage? I absolutely love their Darker Than Black album and I wondered how well they reproduce their stuff live.

second time I've seen them live and they were on the money! Had a good crowd and lots of headbanging!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Awesome! Sean Peck is quite the singer, I wondered about him live. Maybe they'll make it over Phoenix way someday.
I saw them twice and while I think "Darker than Black" is the best classic metal record of the past 5 years, Sean Peck disappointed me quite a bit live. He's still a good singer, no question about it, but he's not as impressive as in the studio where he rules supreme.

Fangface said:
I saw them twice and while I think "Darker than Black" is the best classic metal record of the past 5 years, Sean Peck disappointed me quite a bit live. He's still a good singer, no question about it, but he's not as impressive as in the studio where he rules supreme.
See, that was my concern. The vocals on Darker than Black are in the stratosphere and I can't see him reproducing them live, night after night. And I will agree that DtB is one of, if not the best classic metal record in the past five years. It's got a gold-plated pedastal in my hallowed hall of fame! Still a late-night mainstay of mine. Great when you're blasted and just wanna mosh!

Fangface said:

maybe my 'sights' are set lower as I very rarely ever expect the singer to sound studio quality. He had his power and his range, short set and don't know they last time they played prior to this gig.

kittybeast said:
see the review at PP forum, there is one there:lol:

Unless is the one of the woman dressed like a failed goth I couldn't found them :cry: :p

NP: Helloween - 'The Invisible Man'