PPUSA X predictions

I'm thinking with it being the 10th anniversary we may be seeing a number of past favorites that haven't been regularly touring the US. From that thinking I'm guessing Orphaned Land & Brainstorm. Maybe Blind Guardian as a headliner as I don't think they have a big tour planned anytime soon unlike bands like Nightwish, Edguy & Kamelot. Outside of that, I'm really behind on this years releases so far. So I'm going to toss in Haggard as a wishful thinking band.

The only prediction I will throw out there, is that I predict X will follow IX....

Oh, I think you are way off base there, Rich... I think Glenn is going to throw us all a huge curve by skipping PPUSA X and going straight to XI. Why, you ask? Well, "This one goes to eleven." :lol:

PPX will probably be a lot of returns/reunions

Conception
Angra or at the very least Andre Matos
Kotipelto
3 Inches of Blood
Balance of Power
Orphaned Land
Freak kitchen
Akercocke (Your oddball)

And, Glenn will put a second mortgage on his house. He will hock everything.....for...the ultimate reunion.....

SAVATAGE!

my 2 PHP's worth

Granted, some of these never played PP before. But, I added them because they've been mentioned here b4

3 Inches of Blood? Really? I've seen them 4 times in the past year alone on major US tours. They've played in places on major tours like Idaho and North Dakota. They have absolutely no lack of touring in the US.

Akercocke would be totally sweet!

I would think somewhere amidst the list for PPUSA X, whether it be showcase or main festival, there will be a few of the following

Brainstorm
Morgana Lefay
Tarot
Symphony X
Nocturnal Rites
Almah (just because Im not going to put Angra in my list)
The Prowlers
Prototype
Machine Men
Wastefall
Cloudscape
Eyefear
Wuthering Heights

Loch Vostok (might go over well with the mixture of clean and rough vocals)
Turisas (would be an awesome oddball)

This will be good... I will wait until after this fest to put my thoughts in...

Bear

Translated,Bear comes back to this thread and edits this post to all the bands announced and gloats in a "I told you so" manner :p
Glad your comming this year,felt weird without you there

PPX will probably be a lot of returns/reunions

Conception
Angra or at the very least Andre Matos
Kotipelto
3 Inches of Blood
Balance of Power
Orphaned Land
Freak kitchen
Akercocke (Your oddball)

And, Glenn will put a second mortgage on his house. He will hock everything.....for...the ultimate reunion.....

SAVATAGE!

my 2 PHP's worth

Granted, some of these never played PP before. But, I added them because they've been mentioned here b4

Bring Back Mercenary!!!

All I am going to say is that Vintersorg would be the perfect oddball, and his appearance alone would make me find money in places I never thought possible to make it there. I also think some Royal Hunt and Bloodbath would make for a great line-up, hehe. Orphaned Land was awesome, and I can't wait to hear their new material, especially with Wilson in the producer chair. I also think Wolverine is due for their PP USA show, and also, how about some Starbreaker and Tenacious D, hehe. I can only hope for one entertaining evening with all the punches thrown in, also with a whole set thrown in of Virgil Donati just playing drum solos and blowing our fucking minds. Also, can't go wrong with another Freak Kitchen appearance.

All I am going to say is that Vintersorg would be the perfect oddball, and his appearance alone would make me find money in places I never thought possible to make it there. I also think some Royal Hunt and Bloodbath would make for a great line-up, hehe. Orphaned Land was awesome, and I can't wait to hear their new material, especially with Wilson in the producer chair. I also think Wolverine is due for their PP USA show, and also, how about some Starbreaker and Tenacious D, hehe. I can only hope for one entertaining evening with all the punches thrown in, also with a whole set thrown in of Virgil Donati just playing drum solos and blowing our fucking minds. Also, can't go wrong with another Freak Kitchen appearance.

Bloodbath...as much as I'd looooooooove to see them there is no chance in hell of them ever playing PPUSA.

All I am going to say is that Vintersorg would be the perfect oddball, and his appearance alone would make me find money in places I never thought possible to make it there.

Not too likely, I suspect, but I don't think Vintersorg has ever toured the States before. Glenn could require them to perform the entire Cosmic Genesis album and I'd be happy. :)

I also think some Royal Hunt and Bloodbath would make for a great line-up, hehe.

I can't see Glenn booking Bloodbath. Alas and damnit.

Orphaned Land was awesome, and I can't wait to hear their new material, especially with Wilson in the producer chair.

Unless something has changed since Porcupine Tree's last tour here, Steve Wilson is NOT working with Orphaned Land. On that tour, he told me that after some initial contacts were made, they never got back in touch with him. :cry:

Also, can't go wrong with another Freak Kitchen appearance.

It might be perceived as being 'too soon'......but damnit, they are flat-damned entertaining!

I have no idea who will be playing PPX but these are some of the bands I would like to see....

Anubis Gate
Alchemist
Freak Kitchen
Conception (Reunion)
Protest The Hero (Definate oddball band slot)
Mekong Delta
Paradox
Secrecy (Reunion)
Sieges Even
Vanden Plas
Wastefall
Eldritch
Gracepoint
Scariot

If any of those bands played I would be a happy metalhead....

If Freak Kitchen returned next year, I'd be a VERY happy bunny. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands ever.

HammerFall would make an awesome headlining act, IMO, but I do agree that they do well enough touring on their own. All the same, I'd love to see them at ProgPower.

Add Falconer to this mix, and I'd die happy of Swedish Band Overload. Odd, that three of my favorite bands are all Swedes. :D