Practice Time 04 - LIKE MOTH TO FLAMES - Di files inside

Hadsburgs, please tell, which snare/snare in Steven Slate did you use? That snare sound is pretty much what I'm after and I too have Steven Slate. :)

Really thanks for this, here is my quick try:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to mix this, but that string noise in the beginning is really annoying. Have tried with very hard noise gates, but that's just killing the tone.

Hi guys i did not realize of that string noise until i heard the guitars through VSTs. (It was recorded using a Kemper Profiler)
The string noise doesn't sound at all with the rig i used. Sorry about that i used the very same provided DIs :(

I don't know how it works if i edit the DI and do some surgering in the "noise" region, i'll try later.

Sorry guys, i will fix this :worship:

PS. I must lower the height of my bridge pickup ...

Cheers for the upload.
Just a Senheisser e945 so decided to try it with this.
Good sounding mic.
I will have to experiment more with it but it seems to have good attack and balance.
X-amp>ts808 Left, Mooer Green Mile right>6505>mesa recto cab>E945>API
A bit of hi and lo mid cut.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/ICEM4N_4.mp3

Nice Mix Mickrich, i really like the guitar sound.
Did you have too much troubles regarding the string noise ?

Hi guys i did not realize of that string noise until i heard the guitars through VSTs. (It was recorded using a Kemper Profiler)
The string noise doesn't sound at all with the rig i used. Sorry about that i used the very same provided DIs :(

I don't know how it works if i edit the DI and do some surgering in the "noise" region, i'll try later.

Sorry guys, i will fix this :worship:

PS. I must lower the height of my bridge pickup ...

You can also use tape or something on the thinner strings that is ringing.

Regarding the strings noises on the guitar DIs

I was testing how to avoid and reduce the annoying sound when you play the DI's through guitar VSTs (i had no issues with reamps through my Kemper Profiler)

I used X-Noise from Waves and the Noise Gate of Cubase with this settings
Works very good.

Anyway i will export the processed DIs for all of you that want to mix this without taking too much effort avoiding this issue (this was my fault :saint:)

But i'll keep the original DIs in the .rar file for those who want to practise with Noise Gate and Noise Reduction

NR-GATE_zps130acc91.jpg

I had a problem with my 7 string where I recorded a bunch of things, went back and realized that both my floyd rose springs and strings between nut and tuner were making little sounds... Put a thick hair tie on strings, and jammed 1/8th inch tubing in each of my floyd rose springs.. Silence! Also when im dual/quad tracking guitar lines that are only the top 2-4 strings ill put a peice of duct tape on the bottom strings to limit any extra noises. Love the track tho, Brutal :headbang:

Bassdrops and the exploding crystal FX :hotjump::hotjump: BROOOOOTAL

I really enjoy your mix, guitars sounds amazing, Pod Farm IMO is a very understimated VST

Great drums samples too dude :)

thanks bud, its all about about balancing :p

I had a quick shot at this song :) Hope you guys like it.
Any critiques welcome!!!

I just automated a quick filter at the start and tried the Noise Gate to remove some of the random noise...

Last edited by a moderator: