Prejudice in Metal Styles?

I love the Nu-Metal Elitest, who are like:

"Korn forever" and think that bands like Trapt are ruining the Metal scene, I can just hear them saying now, "Lousy bastards, ruining it for us Tru-Nu-Metal fans"

There are so many fucking Nu-Metal posers in Liverpool, I love walking around with a "True" T-shirt on, and seeing the bewildered look on their faces.

I had an Amon Amarth Tour shirt on and someone stopped me and said "are They a Goth Band?"

My prejudice is because of the stupid arseholes, who say, Metallica used to be a rock band, and are now Metal, who say that, Iron Maiden should retire because they are old bastards.

Now I don't care what anyone says, whether you like Maiden or not, you have to respect that they were a hugely influencial band for most bands today. To say otherwise is stupidity. Even one of my mates, who was a big Nu-Metal fan is turning over to different things, I have done him copies of Nevermore, Vader, Amon Amarth and Iced Earth and he respects all those bands and likes them.

Everyone has prejudice, to say otherwise is to lie to us and more importantly lie to yourself.

Perfect point, I remember telling someone I liked Metalucifer, and they said that Japanese people had no business making Metal, and that the band were shit.

If he believes the band is shit that's his business, but the racism is not needed in regards to Metal, anyone should be allowed to make Metal.

I just don't like people who think listening to Trapt and Limp Bizkit makes you a poser. Because I listen to Nile and stuff, too. I just happen to like mainstream stuff.

i'm not really close minded when it comes to music. i mostly listen to metal but i also listen to punk, hardcore, rap, industrial and some other stuff. the only kind of music i really don't like is techno/dance stuff and country (except for Johnny Cash).