Probably been posted before.....whacky tracklist on my damnation copy!

Azogue

New Metal Member
Umm, I just got Damnation yesterday.I mean I've had it for a long time now, but downloaded, yesterday I finally found it in a record store and bought it.

And as I was sitting in the backseat, at around 4 AM listening to such blissful music, I noticed something......Weakness is the closer! What the hell? Ending Credits is supposed to be the last track. I know Weakness was thought to be the last one, but by now everyone knows EC is the closing track, and from what I understand, most people who have bought it have confirmed this.

So how come I have them switched? Did I get one of the first batch of copies which haven't been corrected or what?

Damnit, I'm too much of a perfectionist to let this be....I can't live with myself knowing I'm not listening to it in the right order without having to skip!

But then again 'at least' Peter signed my booklet :D

Weakness is last on mine, and I think that it is a much better closer than Ending Credits. Reminds me of "Over" on Mer De Noms by A Perfect Circle. Although the name Ending Credits makes more sense if it is last. If it matters, I bought my copy the day after the release, so it was probably in the first shipment.

Weakness is last on mine, and everything I've ever seen has it that way too. I have the ltd. edition.

thebleakaffinity said:
I think that it is a much better closer than Ending Credits. Reminds me of "Over" on Mer De Noms by A Perfect Circle.

EXACTLY!

I was thinking the same thing last night and today while listening to it.

It's also reminiscent of the gentle sounds and voices at the end of By the Pain I See In Others on Deliverance - intentionally so?

Anyway, I find it immensely soothing at the end of an amazing album - I like the after-credits song.

Weakness was never officially 'listed' on the tracklist (well not till just before pressing) and was considered by most to be a 'bonus track', (at least until it was officially listed that is.

I find it very strange, as Ending Credits is an EXCELLENT ending song, both in name and in sound, but it would appear that Weakness, in a very obscure way, is also an appropriate ending song.

It feels VERY odd to have TWO very good ending tracks (though I consider EC to be significantly superior)....

In my mind at least, EC is the last song and Weakness is a 'bonus', but to each his own I guess...

Spike

P.S. Yeah, weakness is the last track on my copy, and I would consider ripping then burning to change the track order, but then weakness wouldn't fit anywhere to my mind, as it is still AN ending song.. just not THE ending song.