Prog/Power Night @ Mac's - Feb. 25

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Hey all,

Don't forget that Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006 Odin's Court is making an appearance at Mac's The Club in Essex, MD (Baltimore)!

It will also be a very special night because leading us into the night will be Baltimore's own, Images of Eden (Progressive Hard Rock) and Northern Virginia's American Power Metal masters, Division! This will be our last live show before the DVD shoot at the end of March, so come out and support local music!

Only $5 to get in -- sorry, 21+. I still think all the 18+ year old people should call the club and ask them about the age policy. Maybe they'll start making future events 18+.

See you there!

As always, it was an honor rocking with y'all. Division remains my favorite band to play with - you guys are professional, sound great, and put on a hell of a show. For anyone who hasn't seen them, do so now! :headbang:

I got home at 5, and I was up at 11. Southern Maryland is a long way from no where! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Great show!!!

That was the best OC performance I've seen. You guys have improved quite a bit. Not that you were bad to start with, but there is always room for improvement, right? IMO the band has grown by leaps and bounds. Great work!

That was the first time I saw Division, and I was blown away! Literally - the sound guy had things a lil too high for you guys (speakers were acting up by the second song), and I forgot earplugs. :eek: I was really impressed though - the live show was full of energy and offered great performances. I got the CD - though I found it a little flat compared to the live performances. Still alot of good tunes, though, and they sound great up close.

Thanks for a fun night. Was really good to see everyone again, and meet some new people. Looking forward to seeing both bands again soon.

Thanks, Kev! :) That's always nice to hear.

Want to see both bands again? Well, March 24th at Jaxx is your chance! We're headlining and filming a DVD, Division is subheadlining and recording a live CD! Shoot me an email to get tickets. ;)

Thanks again!!!

Wow! What an amazing show that was!

All 3 bands gave their all and proved that metal is alive and well in the Mid-Atlantic.

My buddy Keith and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and had fun chatting about metal beforehand with Matt.

Rick is quite an awesome axeman. He is all over the place and his riffs and licks were spot on. This band is awesome live!

Loved it! See you at Jaxx! Can't wait!:headbang:

Matt-Harrisburg, PA

Rock the metal!:headbang:

Hey, Matt! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Glad you enjoyed the show. The DVD shoot should be even better. :D Try to convince your buddy Keith to come down with ya too. ;)

Hope to see ya posting here from time to time! Keep in touch!

Rock on,
Matt

You bet. I will be more than happy to drop in to see how things are going and to talk about all things metal.:headbang:

Anyway, I told you about an idea I had for a webzine at the last show...I told the frontman of Images Of Eden about it too. I have gotten some positive responses. I hate to sound like a salesman, but I was wondering who do I e-mail about interviewing one of you guys for my webzine?

I plan on pushing Odin's Court big time to help get the word out. I want to write a review of the new album for my friends at beyondearcandy.com and I hope to be able to interview one of you guys before your big DVD show.

I won't BS you. I am just a simple metal fan who wants to support underground metal and help promote it. I have no big connections or anything. I just love going to shows and seeing bands, and meeting bands because the future of metal in the States is alive, and I want everyone to know.

Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for writing a novel!

:kickass: Cheers!

Oh, almost forgot, I have pics from that show. If you want some of them, I will be happy to give some to you guys. Metal!

Dude, anything you can do to let others know about us is, of course, most appreciated.

You can email me (matt @ odinscourtband.com), and I'd be more than happy to set up an interview for your webzine with whoever you want in the band.

An interview before the show will be fine too. Do you want everyone, or just a couple of us, or what? I'm sure things will be hectic that day, but if we plan in advance it should be no problem at all.

No problem, I've seen a lot longer posts from Rick so it's all good. :D

We'd love to get your pics for our archive. Not sure of the best way (how many? how big?), but you can email me and we'll figure it out.

Rock on!
:headbang:

You're right man, it may be a little bit hectic then. If anything, my wife and I can talk to you all before the show and maybe buy you a few drinks afterwards, and we can get our pics taken with you.

You will be hearing from me via e-mail. I was hoping I could interview you because you are the founder of the band (no disrespect to anyone else, of course! You all rock!). Driving to do the interview is not an issue either, because I only live in PA and that is not a bad hike. Anyway you want to we can.

Thanks again! This is a nice little forum. I like it here alot.:kickass:

Snowy Owl said:
Wow! What an amazing show that was!

All 3 bands gave their all and proved that metal is alive and well in the Mid-Atlantic.

My buddy Keith and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and had fun chatting about metal beforehand with Matt.

Rick is quite an awesome axeman. He is all over the place and his riffs and licks were spot on. This band is awesome live!

Loved it! See you at Jaxx! Can't wait!:headbang:

Matt-Harrisburg, PA

Rock the metal!:headbang:
Hey Matt!

Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself! I know I had a good time. And yes, metal is alive and well in the Mid-Atlantic -- we are definitely trying to keep it alive.

Thanks for the compliments dude! I really appreciate all the kind words about me AND the band!

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your wife this time. Hopefully Keith can get off of work and make it down too.

OdinsCourt said:
Dude, anything you can do to let others know about us is, of course, most appreciated.

You can email me (matt @ odinscourtband.com), and I'd be more than happy to set up an interview for your webzine with whoever you want in the band.

An interview before the show will be fine too. Do you want everyone, or just a couple of us, or what? I'm sure things will be hectic that day, but if we plan in advance it should be no problem at all.

No problem, I've seen a lot longer posts from Rick so it's all good. :D

We'd love to get your pics for our archive. Not sure of the best way (how many? how big?), but you can email me and we'll figure it out.

Rock on!
:headbang:

I concur! Thanks for any and all help ahead of time! I wish there were more people like you out there too! Some people whine if you are playing 30 minutes away -- you drove 1.5 hours down to Baltimore to see us at a smaller club without being begged. Then you purchased tickets for our big show ahead of time and that show is 2.5 hours awayfrom you! You make it clear that you are more about actions than words. Its official - you ROCK!

Snowy Owl said:
Thanks friend! For metal I will do anything I can.

I owe you all a drink after the next show. :kickass:
No, thank you! Knowing that there are still people out there listening to great music and supporting the local scene makes it all worth it.

Thanks and vice-versa! :headbang:

Hey, I saw you post about hotels and have been meaning to reply, but AFAIK there is a Red Roof Inn nearby. Not absolutely sure about the exact place, but I do know that people have said there are hotels convenient to the area.

Out of curiousity, have you ever attended ProgPower or do you plan on attending? It is an awesome festival every year held in Atlanta (except the first one was in Chicago) in September. If you aren't aware of it, check out www.progpowerusa.com. I think you'd LOVE it down there!

I am aware of it because some friends of mine go every year. Seems like a great festival, but I can never afford to go. I have always wanted too, however. Some of my favorite bands have played there like Sym X, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Edguy, Gamma Ray and more.

Thanks for the hotel list. :headbang:

Snowy Owl said:
I am aware of it because some friends of mine go every year. Seems like a great festival, but I can never afford to go. I have always wanted too, however. Some of my favorite bands have played there like Sym X, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Edguy, Gamma Ray and more.

Thanks for the hotel list. :headbang:
OK, cool. I wonder if I've met them in the past. I have gone almost every year. The only thing that has stopped me are things out of my control.

Yeah... it does add up -- that's for sure. However, I just try to save up the extra money for plane tickets (which aren't *that* bad) and hotel room (and that can be split wth others if you share rooms like so many do. I consider it a vacation for me and don't feel so bad about spending the money.

Yes, it is the place to go to see bands we like.

I hope you are able to go sometime. You will LOVE it.

Take care!

I may go to the New England Metalfest with a friend this year, but as for ProgPower it may have to wait until next year.

I hope to see that you guys make it to the ProgPower stage sometime. If so, I would be first in line.:headbang: