Prog Recommendations

turke said:
"WASTE LAGOON" was an awesome prog. band, but they aren't around anymore. Does anyone know what happened to them ?
Their music could be found at:
http://www.lagoon.no/prod01.htm

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard from Sune in a long time... As I recall, he was going to focus some on his label so maybe that's taking all of his time now.

If noone has heard of them, there are clips on this page:

http://www.fossilrecords.net/wastelagoon.htm

[edit] mixed up one fusion group with another, wrong link sorry.

i found 7for4 on Lasercd.com, not sure if they have an actual site but i think there might be one. i'll update if i find it

oh, and i 3rd that recommendation.

to repeat a couple...

Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (keep an open mind with this one)
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe (the new kings of tech metal)

also check out...

Psychotic Waltz (prog/tech metal with Devon Graves...great stuff)
Pagan's Mind
Frantic Bleep
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

buscatesoros said:
There's a band named 7 For 4. It's a crazy semi-instrumental band, with some of the best and most bizarre songs I've heard. GREATLY RECOMMENDED.
One would expect no less from a band featuring former Sieges Even guitarist Wolfgang Zenk.

By the way - check out Sieges Even... all of you!

I heard Spiral Architect's "A Skeptic's Universe" after hearing so many good things about the band. I wasn't the least bit impressed. It sounded like Andromeda's "II-I" which I also disliked.

-Kronikle

For Prog Metal: Andromeda, Angra, Eternity X, Pain of Salvation, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Shadow Gallery, Devin Townsend, Ayreon, Green Carnation, Planet X

For Classic Prog: Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull, Kansas, Camel, King Crimson, Genesis, ELP

For Modern Prog: Arena, IQ, Pendragon, Glass Hammer, The Flower Kings, Kaipa, Spock's Beard, Solo Neal Morse, Solo Roine Stolt, The Tangent, Karmakanic, Transatlantic, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield

For Fusiony stuff: Al di Meola, Mahavishnu Orchestra, McLaughlin + Di Meola + De Lucia, Allan Holdsworth