Project Studio Build

Really? But can you design according to what's available in my country? And did you design Max's wall - wall, roof - floor? Because it looks amazing!
Can't answer the question whether it's possible with what you can buy in South Africa, but I am pretty sure it's no problem. Pretty much everything can be found in any DIY store, there's few things that are specifically acoustic or studio related. If you can buy wood, mineral wool, fabric, screws, staplers and power tools you're 90% set ;)
And yes, Mika designed both studio rooms the way you see them. Basically only the red fabric and the new lamps in the live room were my spontaneous choice/ideas, the rest is what Mika planned and designed after we talked what my expectations were.

Can't answer the question whether it's possible with what you can buy in South Africa, but I am pretty sure it's no problem. Pretty much everything can be found in any DIY store, there's few things that are specifically acoustic or studio related. If you can buy wood, mineral wool, fabric, screws, staplers and power tools you're 90% set ;)
And yes, Mika designed both studio rooms the way you see them. Basically only the red fabric and the new lamps in the live room were my spontaneous choice/ideas, the rest is what Mika planned and designed after we talked what my expectations were.

Thx man, was the design done in Sketchup?

You design a studio in your head, with lot of paper and claculations, to customers needs. When the analyzing and concept of the room is done, you can start to draw this design (for example in sketchup).
There is no Problem with designing a studio anywhere in the world, i, and any other designer, can do this from the office. You just need the drwings and material list to build it.

cheers
Mika

There is no Problem with designing a studio anywhere in the world, i, and any other designer, can do this from the office. You just need the drwings and material list to build it.

i can confirm this. mika designed the acoustics of our rehearsaal-room in switzerland, without visting us. the resulats are simply awesome!!:headbang:
:worship:

this is just... damn! ;)
how good were the measurements you did? are you pleased with max`s work? ;)

greetings from switzerland!!

Necrobumping, but I thought some of you might be interested in some more recent pictures of the studio :)
Controlroom:
Controlroom.jpg

Controlroom back:
Controlroom_back.jpg

Liveroom:
Liveroom.jpg

Thanks guys! I have a small update :D Installed the indirect lighting behind the speakers.
There's quite some work to do in March/April because I want to get the decorative strips done since I have now decided they won't be black but raw wood, install the wooden slats (for the black absorbers right to the ones with the new lighting on them) and depending on the time I have also build the long-planned absorber on the controlroom door.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1044-2.jpg

I'm jealous... I would love ot have some natural light too... Looking awesome btw

I'm jealous... I would love to have a studio! I begin to be tired of my 18m2 absolutely no acoustically treated room and of my neighbors :lol:

Looks fantastic, man!
Haha, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous! It's really inspiring, though! Congratulations, dude!