Proper Man Films

Not usually, but in this one yeah, that's one of the things that makes this movie so real (yeah it's not a brainless slasher). It's really hard though to get an unsencored version (I got one in Holland). The French for example has many cut scenes.

I have a bootleg of Cannibal Holocaust (it's not available commercially in america, so I have a VHS copy of the Holland laserdisc, which is still 3 minutes shorter than the Japanese laserdisc, but I'm not sure it that has anything to do with the slight timing differance on PAL systems), and I think it's rather boring. It has "shock" value and all that, but it's just not exciting to watch. It's more like watching some Faces/Traces of Death video or something.

Another recommended Miike movie is Fudoh, with children assassins playing football/soccer with a man's head and the transvestite who shoots darts out of his/her vagina.

If you want a movie to cuddle up with that someone special to, he also did a musical called Happiness of the Katakuris. Great song and dance numbers, especially the singing corpses. Great director.

Miike is indeed quite an interesting director. I also urge you to check out his Dead Or Alive (the first one) for the best ending in a movie, ever !:kickass:

Ichi I found out to be not that great, tho. Visitor Q was boss. Guy fucking a corpse and then getting stuck. Can't top that :lol:

Susie said:
Yeh but i liked that film though it made me feel ill :ill: in parts :ill:
ah, yeah! saw it again some days ago! that toilet scene, great, haha. And it's a movie where i can't understand 3/4 of the talk, hehe, MAN film, that is.

other films would be: PI, Spun, Mean Machine.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
'requiem for a dream' was quite manly too. i watched with me mate and his bird once, and at some point she just fucked off and slammed the door cause she couldnt handle it :lol:

(special kasdédi zinecou du cinq neuf t'as vu hin hin)
requiem for a dream? i think that movie is being exaggerated ALOT! it's just a typical anti-drug movie with a sad ending...whats so special about it? aronofsky is a good director and his shooting techniques on the movie are quite interesting...but about the plot and the scenario? naaah. nothing too special. only harry's mother was something quite new and original...

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Visitor Q. Father on daughter incest (he pays her for it too, after she makes fun of him for coming too fast), father fucking a corpse then proceeding to get "stuck", mother turning tricks for heroin, lactating mother squirting out of her teets and causing a large puddle of milk and "juices" on the floor, son laying in said puddle, son beating mother with sticks, parents butchering sons bullies, daughter and father sucking upon mother's teets, ect.... all done as a black comedy about family togetherness. I love the Japanese.
holy shit, thats really sick. not MANLY sick but just PLAIN SICK.