Proper Man Films

Bambi said:
and the long good friday didnt do much for me except where hoskins goes berko and shoves a bottle in someones throay
:erk: eeee yeh that bit mick insisted in shoving me head in front of the tv to watch that bit :yell: gruesome

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
i was about to say that haha. girls dont seem to understand anything from mel brooks or featuring leslie nielsen either.

hahaha...ahh come on now fella, I love Brooks, (watched his film over and over esp 'History of the World Part 1') and Nielsen is great...that's not really man humour! :)

Don Corleone said:
it's just a typical anti-drug movie with a sad ending...whats so special about it?

not the plot itself, but the way its shot and that really. thats why its cool, cause the plot is really unoriginal, its like showing the bare truth, thats what makes it interesting.

Su Jacko said:
hahaha...ahh come on now fella, I love Brooks, (watched his film over and over esp 'History of the World Part 1') and Nielsen is great...that's not really man humour! :)

ah youre okay tho, youre not like other girls. you are....my special angel of the internet.

not special as in downsie like haha. special as in, your words complementing mine and that.

Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, To Be or Not to Be, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Airplane!, The Naked Gun films, these are all nice.

I'm in love with Gene Wilder anyway. *heart's beating, heart's beating*

So what the fuck is this "man film" about?

Btw, I think Snatch is better than Lock, Stock...

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Ichi the Killer and Audition are both directed by Takashi Miike, the same man responsible for Visitor Q. The guy makes like 8+ movies a year. Visitor Q is by far his most fucked up.

How could he do something more evil than Audition?
I'm quite used to gore movies but that end scene is so real and disgusting, and seeing the smile on her face.
PUUUUUUUKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

Visitor Q is not evil, its a comedy and a family drama from a hm.. err.. twisted ... view.

though ichi the killer is a heartbreaking love story as well.. in a way. :)

I never could understand the end of Audition. Is it a dream or not? He leaves it open too much. Maybe I'm just forgetting things. I haven't watched it since February, well, unless you count the time it came on the Sundance channel and I caught the end but had to turn it off as everyone else in the room was getting on my case about it. I'ma have to fire that DVD up later.

Ah I forgot to mention Memento. Of all the girls I know that have seen it there are none who actually GET the story. Although I have to admit I had to watch it twice to fully understand every bit.

Cerulean said:
Ah I forgot to mention Memento. Of all the girls I know that have seen it there are none who actually GET the story. Although I have to admit I had to watch it twice to fully understand every bit.
dont be so anti-feminist.. :)
i needed to watch it only once to understand.. and find out the end.
is it because of my iq or cos i dont dye my hair into blond? :D

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I never could understand the end of Audition. Is it a dream or not? He leaves it open too much.
Gotta watch it again, it's been two years since last time, but I don't recall it being that confusing.. I was always sure it really happened, but the guy hallucinated in between. I mean, I think I would go to the happy place if some cunt was sawing my leg off.