Put Scott in his place and don't buy The Damned Things!

For me The Blackening is great but as others said above the songs are overblown and too long. I remember when they were writing it Robb Flynn continually kept saying that they were trying to emulate Master of Puppets. I do actually think it's generally quite over-rated by the general metal masses, and actually rank it MH's 3rd best after BME and Through the Ashes.

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when timmyc just said that, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one.

What's up Gene??

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed with the Damned Things. I've only heard the single. And their performance on Kimmel kinda sucked. I couldn't hear Rob's guitar. And maybe I'm wrong but I'm not sure what the deal with having 3 guitar players is. I know it allows for all the little fills, bells, and whistles that are on record to be pulled off live but still. I'm seeing them live next month, I'll get a better perspective then.

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when timmyc just said that, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one.

:lol: that was fuggin hiliarious. Love that film.

What's up Gene??

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed with the Damned Things. I've only heard the single. And their performance on Kimmel kinda sucked. I couldn't hear Rob's guitar. And maybe I'm wrong but I'm not sure what the deal with having 3 guitar players is. I know it allows for all the little fills, bells, and whistles that are on record to be pulled off live but still. I'm seeing them live next month, I'll get a better perspective then.

Do they really have 3 guitars? Up to now I thought it's only Scott and Rob. In their music it makes no sense, they're no Lynyrd Skynyrd.

You must be drunk or drugged right now to say such nonsense. I liked Burn My Eyes as well. I saw them play on the tour. But to say the Blackening is pussy girly shit you are an idiot. The Blackening is every bit as heavy as Burn My Eyes. Both are great albums and both are heavy. They did some really lame shit after Burn My Eyes. This album is by far the best one they have done since 1994 and the heaviest. You may want to go re listen to it or question if you even really like the first album as it is not all that drastically different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXYPgCEJEFw

Tell me that shit isn't every bit as heavy as anything on Burn My Eyes. Even has some of the same type guitar riffs.

And then go defend yourself to all of these idiots:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackening-Machine-Head/dp/B000N3ST9I

That song actually contains a lot more emo-whining than the whole TDT album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXYPgCEJEFw

Tell me that shit isn't every bit as heavy as anything on Burn My Eyes. Even has some of the same type guitar riffs.

Ha ha, you proved my point with that song! :lol:

What's that whiny shit going on at 1:00? Or 2:38? Or 3:59? That's Buffy the fuckin Vampire Music there!
The whole thing sounds like Slipknot, maybe you should buy a few of their albums. I think Papa Roach might be up your alley as well.

BTW was there a guitar solo in that song?

What's that whiny shit going on at 1:00? Or 2:38? Or 3:59? That's Buffy the fuckin Vampire Music there!
The whole thing sounds like Slipknot, maybe you should buy a few of their albums. I think Papa Roach might be up your alley as well.

Whats wrong with Papa Roach?

Whats wrong with Papa Roach?

"Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort
Suffocation, no breathing
Don’t give a fuck if I cut my arm bleeding"

That's just wrong. Just imagine a Papa Roach concert with thousands of emo kids singing this. Each to his own, but this has crossed a line.

"Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort
Suffocation, no breathing
Don’t give a fuck if I cut my arm bleeding"

That's just wrong. Just imagine a Papa Roach concert with thousands of emo kids singing this. Each to his own, but this has crossed a line.

Lol. You dont like them but you sure know all the words to their songs.:bah:

Lol. You dont like them but you sure know all the words to their songs.:bah:

They played on a festival i went to last summer and this song is played in a lot of clubs here, so i knew what their songs are about. I got the exact lyrics from my friend Google. ;)

If you like Burn My Eyes and hate The Blackening I don't know what to tell you. I am not a huge Machine Head fan. But I like both of those albums and and hate slipknot and papa roach. Machine Head The Blackening is heavy as fuck. Just because there may be a few melodic parts in a song doesn't mean it makes the entire song any less heavy. The riffs on The Blackening are every bit as heavy as Burn My Eyes.