Scott Ian: Anthrax's Singer Issues Paved the Way for the Damned Things

Toast is a decent song, Mama Said was actually one of the better written songs on the Load/Reload albums and I quite enjoy it thanks very fucking much!
please listen to those songs for me because i can't do it on my own! enjoy them together with Maidenboy while having a good cup of tea.

I am the person who pays the bands. The bands get paid depending on a complex mathematical procedure. The maths depend on the nose-length of band members, how many New Zealand tour dates they play and whether they have Oreos on their rider. EVERY bands money gets calculated in this manner, so it is technically impossible for a band to "sell out" unless they actually KNOW the maths. This is why poor little Dan Spitz went insane.

Do you have real eyes, Mr Thrashard? I think this may well be a complex double-bluff. I am calling you on it!! I SAY THE TRUTH NOW!!!

Fake eyes, fae guys, fey guise.

This is not my name, Mr Thrashard. I feel rubbed backwards by your words. Perhaps we will speak less now.

answer: i can't even listen to that song although i tried countless of times, i have to admit that it's a heavy song and yes, i would categorize it as 'metal' but IMO the songwriting is piss-poor. the drumming is great but great drumming alone doesn't make a great song. i think the chorus is pretty uninspired, repeating the song title several times with hardly any melody can't hold my attention (like the weaker Overkill-choruses in their early days), just my opinion.

i think that Thrax's songwriting went downhill during the Bush era, SOWN is a great record (one of their best ever), Stomp is listenable but a bit too formulaic and missing Anthrax's trademark sound completely. Vol. 8 & WCFYA are the weakest efforts of their career songwriting-wise IMO. Vol. 8 contains nice grooves here and there but beside that there is nothing exciting for me in terms of metal, not a single riff that's fascinating me on the whole record, it's lacking heaviness and there is no real direction to be found. WCFYA contains only a handful of fine songs and it fails in terms of heaviness, 'What doesn't die', 'Nobody knows anything' & 'Black Dahlia' are heavy but what about the rest? if you primarily listen to pop, rock/hard rock then this could be a heavy record for you but if you are a real metalhead primarily listening to Thrash/Death/Power/Black Metal or HC/Grindcore then WCFYA is as heavy as Frank Sinatra, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga or 90's Metallica.

i'm not anti-Bush or pro-Joey (John's vocals on 'White Noise' are impressive), it's just that i prefer Anthrax's older material because i'm into faster & heavier stuff, i'm not a big fan of heavy-rock, midtempo-rock, country or groove-rock unless it's well executed and strong and in Anthrax's case it's not because it sounds forced (i can imagine Scott's evil grin recording those songs).

i didn't want to share my opinion on Anthrax's music of the last 16 years ever again but i just had to answer that question. i think Anthrax-fans should be like one big family, like brothers. who said that brothers can't have different opinions?

Great post THRASHARD! :eek: