Pyramaze + Iced Earth show...?

Sandbag

New Metal Member
Jun 11, 2007
What are the odds of eventually seeing Pyramaze play a show with Iced Earth?

I first heard the band when a friend told me about Matthew taking over as singer and the first time I heard "What Lies Beyond" I thought "wow, that would sound GREAT with Iced Earth."

The band has some really great Iced Earth sounding influences to the rhythm work with a wonderful original twist to it and I think you'd make great touring partners.

As much as I love Children of Bodom, when I saw them with Iced Earth it was kind of strange, a bit of an Ozzfest moment, "hey these bands don't really fit together."

Of course, being the Iced Earth fan that I am I don't think anything on earth would be better than hearing Matt and Tim do a few duets at the end of both band's sets as well...I think you both have amazing but very different voices that would sound so awesome together...

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my crazy dreams out there, I realize it's not entirely realistic, but sometimes miracles do happen, ha ha.

ps - you guys have some crazy technical skills. As a guitarist and bassist of 9 years myself I gotta say I'm awful jealous of all of your talent. And yet with all that technical power you still have awesome rhythm and melody! Keep rocking guys! I look forward to any new material!

-Dan

Well as far as i can tell , Matt took up singing with Pyramaze just to sing and so he can still be a cop and provide for his family ( correct me if i'm wrong ^^' ) so i doubt it. Sorry man ^^' ( I do hope 1 day pyramaze will do a tour but i don't think they will waste there holidays on that since they still have day-time jobs :lol: ). But this is all explained better in the " pyramaze tour? " thread :lol:.

It would seem, based on comments both Matt and Pyramaze have made, that they don't have a great deal of interest in doing a tour. It seems that live performances will mainly be at festivals and such.

Zod

Never happen in a million. Look at it this way. Jon knows that 75% (give or take) of IE fans want Matt back in the band. We know this wont happen but still thats what the fans want. For myself, i love IE with Matt, i like them with Ripper. Course, i really dont care who Matt sings with as long as i can hear it.

Now you have a show where IE and Pyramaze are going to play....wherever. 10,000 strong show up to see this event of a lifetime. I would imagine Pyramaze opens. They do 45 mins of killer music with Matt singing. Breaktime while the stage is redone for IE and what do you think could happen? Half the crowd leaves because they got to hear Matt again...they are through! Think they are going to stick around and see IE and Ripper sing the songs that Matt made famous?

Doubt it.

Dont think i would stick to hear Ripper sing Dracula after just hearing Matt for 45 mins. I think you would see a mass exit for the door and Jon would not want to see that. Hell i would not want to see it. No one would. And it may not happen at all...everyone might stick around for IE.

But thats a hell of a chance to take.

Grinder

Since Pyramaze will mainly be doing festivals, I hope there is a DVD at some point, since odds are I'll never be able to see them live.

YES...DVD-from your mouth to Gods ears!!

I wonder, if most IE fans could only pick 1-to see live...Matt w/Pyramaze or current IE???
edit-note:maybe a good question-but maybe unfair to post it here??

I think it's incredibly ignorant to say that there would be a "mass walk out" for Iced Earth in that situation. Iced Earth still has plenty of packed shows with Tim Owens and they're still a phenomenal band.

Anyone that is a true fan of Iced Earth would love to see them with either vocalist, they are both incredibly talented and both put on amazing shows.

Tim and Matt both have very different voices yet have very similar abilities, I just thought they would compliment each other in an incredible way. Getting a taste of them together on the last track of the Gettysburg disc from The Glorious Burden (however short Matt's cameo was) just made me want to hear a full out duet even more.

Plus, like I said I think Pyramaze and Iced Earth would compliment each other fantastically as individual bands doing a show together.

I realize it was a dreamer's request to see both bands play together, but a man can dream can't he?

Never happen in a million. Look at it this way. Jon knows that 75% (give or take) of IE fans want Matt back in the band. We know this wont happen but still thats what the fans want. For myself, i love IE with Matt, i like them with Ripper. Course, i really dont care who Matt sings with as long as i can hear it.

Now you have a show where IE and Pyramaze are going to play....wherever. 10,000 strong show up to see this event of a lifetime. I would imagine Pyramaze opens. They do 45 mins of killer music with Matt singing. Breaktime while the stage is redone for IE and what do you think could happen? Half the crowd leaves because they got to hear Matt again...they are through! Think they are going to stick around and see IE and Ripper sing the songs that Matt made famous?

Doubt it.

Dont think i would stick to hear Ripper sing Dracula after just hearing Matt for 45 mins. I think you would see a mass exit for the door and Jon would not want to see that. Hell i would not want to see it. No one would. And it may not happen at all...everyone might stick around for IE.

But thats a hell of a chance to take.

Grinder

Please god tell me the 10,000 strong pun was intended... haha.

Mass walkout? Unlikely.

Something more realistic would be fans chanting for Barlow to come out and kick Ripper off the stage and take over the rest of the set.

Poor Owens... first in the shadow of Halford, now Barlow... with someone with such an amazing voicer, he does get the short end of the stick and his talents really will not be recognized unless he makes an explosive original band.

You guys rock! Heard you on myspace!

See us here on ultimate metal::
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dendura-457/
DENDURATHERITZ.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/denduraband

Something more realistic would be fans chanting for Barlow to come out and kick Ripper off the stage and take over the rest of the set.

Poor Owens... first in the shadow of Halford, now Barlow... with someone with such an amazing voicer, he does get the short end of the stick and his talents really will not be recognized unless he makes an explosive original band.

The problem is him continuing to take a place that's been defined so well. I can't bare to here him try and sing Barlow's songs. He really doesn't sound like his style matchs that of Iced Earth to me at all.

AND hearing him try and sing Dracula makes me wanna claw my fuckin' eyes out.