Question about PP not selling out

This fest will certainly sell out. BUT, as I said before, I think that Jorn was a biiiiiig let down considering all of the options out there. I guess my feeling is that if Jorn, as a band and given a unique set or not, is not even a headliner in Europe, then how/why can he be here? Jorn w/ Masterplan would have pigeonholed the audience, but it would have said "HEADLINER" but Jorn alone is inconsequential for the most part to anyone outside of Prog circles. I appreciate the uniqueness of a set as much as anyone, but replacing a headliner with Jorn is not the best choice, IMO. Had a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd dropped off, this could have been gotten away with a little bit but not a headliner. Again, this will still sell out, but it will take a LOT more time.

Now, as always, flame away at my heartfelt opinion.

woosta said:
This fest will certainly sell out. BUT, as I said before, I think that Jorn was a biiiiiig let down considering all of the options out there. I guess my feeling is that if Jorn, as a band and given a unique set or not, is not even a headliner in Europe, then how/why can he be here? Jorn w/ Masterplan would have pigeonholed the audience, but it would have said "HEADLINER" but Jorn alone is inconsequential for the most part to anyone outside of Prog circles. I appreciate the uniqueness of a set as much as anyone, but replacing a headliner with Jorn is not the best choice, IMO. Had a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd dropped off, this could have been gotten away with a little bit but not a headliner. Again, this will still sell out, but it will take a LOT more time.

Word. Put Jorn in the pre-party and let Circus Maximus headline. >:p Hahaha...

corvinus said:
Ok, so i dont want to start a flame war or anything. But its pretty obvious that this PP will probably NOT be a sellout.

what will that mean?

Do we not get obscure bands anymore? do we Not get PP anymore? what do you guys think?

!?

Dr_Metal said:
What I want to know is: Why are foreign troops stationed on American soil???? I have nothing against Europeans mind you but what are they doing here????

They're lying in wait until the order comes from Berlin to spring into action and take over Texas. Achtung! :devil:

Heh, seriously though, NATO always has military cross-training exercises of some sort going on between different member countries... maybe these European troops are part of that.

Dr_Metal said:
What I want to know is: Why are foreign troops stationed on American soil???? I have nothing against Europeans mind you but what are they doing here????

Doc, I know someone else already said something similar, but the same question can easily be asked about our presence abroad. Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia. That's just a few of course, I know we're in quite a few other places. However, no intention to get this sparked into a debate or anything, it's just food for thought. :)

woosta said:

I think it's a good critique and has valid points. The only thing that I can point out is the "all of the options" available. This is where you have to trust my judgement that many were not available (even before Neveragain bailed on me) due to previous U.S. tours within this year or tours currently being announced for the fall (as well as other festivals not announced yet).

I had a choice and I took the less traveled path with Jorn. I'm happy with my decision, especially with how well ticket sales have gone. To me (and everyone else in the biz), a sellout is a sellout regardless of how long it takes. I may lose a bit of prestige in the hardcore prog/power circles, but those are the ones that will continue to support me. Those that don't come this year, will base their decision on the roster next year...not whether the festival sold out in a week, month, or five months.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Dr_Metal said:
OFF T: :Smug: Chill.
We have had foreign troops stationed on US soil for decades. We share training and other information with them. At Lackley Air Force Base in TX where my son did basic, there were hundreds of foreign service men and officers training there. I have lived next to Fort Monmouth in Jersey all my life. It's been a big brain dump for intelligence and communications technology. Tons of foreign geeks and officers have worked there. It's how you establish relationshipls and share knowledge with your allies. We should do more of it.

ON T: There's no doubt the fest will eventually sell out. Even if a few tix are left, it can still be deemed a success. I think it was very cool Glenn decided to shake things up a bit this year. This exploring process only opens the door for opportunities to take chances in other years, be it with certain bands or the whole formula. I find that very exciting.

As for corvinus, it was an unintelligent post and certainly premature, but there's no need to rip 'em to shreds.

I think corvinus is right, it's pretty obvious this progpower thing is a sinking ship, so to ease your pain I'm willing to buy two, now completely worthless, gold badges :loco:

woosta said:
This fest will certainly sell out. BUT, as I said before, I think that Jorn was a biiiiiig let down considering all of the options out there.

Well I wont flame you for your opinion, that would be silly.....but like you said its YOUR opinion. In MY opinion Jorn is one of the main reasons I'm so pumped this year.

Jorn Lande (without Yngwie), and John West are 2 singers Ive always wanted to see. Now I get my chance to see one of em.

Dr_Metal said:

Don't forget that the US is not the only country that has the "right" to have troops stationed overseas...

The United States are not alone in the world. Thank God. I hope you don't think that it's wrong to see foreign troops here or that you see that with negative eyes.

Dr_Metal said:
These troops, which are NATO troops, are, for the majority of them, here for training purposes, with a small protion maybe 10% cadre, and instructors. They are not here as occupation troops. They train along side US troops, and in some cases deploy around the world together, as they did in IRAQ( US, BRITISH, SPAIN, DENMARK, POLAND, AUSTRLLIAN, DUTCH, BELGIUM, and GERMAN):headbang: