Quiet Place NON-REVIEW thread

Im still trying to make some sense of the 3 tracks. I have been an In Flames fan for a long time, well since right before Colony was released. So I guess since 1998. I loved everything by In Flames. then Clayman came out I loved it as well. I had a hard time getting into Reroute but I like it now.

when i heard the 3 new songs nothing grabbed me. I just listened trying to figure something out. I am trying to decide if it wasn't In Flames would I like it? I might like it, or maybe I do like it but only because it is In Flames.

I do realize In Flames will never make The Jester Race 2 or something, but It seems to me they sound more like Passenger than In Flames but this only based on 3 songs. however, i havn't listened to the Passenger stuff much.

I will continue listening to these tracks and maybe they will begin to grow on me or maybe i will just decide to like them because it is In Flames or I will really begin to truly like it or I will delete them.

It's different than passenger, the core of what In Flames is still there... But I have a feeling that they're spending their time experimenting with new sounds right now instead of working on a continuous sound, which is understandable with any band.

Personally I love the music, it's really not the In Flames I'm used to ( Even different than R2R ) and I do sort of wish one of these tracks had a bit quicker pace to them, so I'm hoping that comes with the full album.

I'll definitely be picking it up, I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

LordHypnos said:
I like it. A lot. Its good music. Not great "metal"...but still better than the glorious burden...gotta love that right? haha:loco:
What the fuck are you talking about! Better than Glorious Burden? Get your ears checked! Even I could write the new songs from the promo. So far The Glorious Burden is the metal album of 2004! If In Flames recorded Anders farting during a song instead of him singing or whining (Like he's been doing lately), you would probably like it. I like the 3 new songs, but like I said in a previous post, if the new cd sounds anything like the 3 songs, I won't buy it.

my ears dont need to be checked...iced earth has been going down a shame spiral of uninspired garbage for years now...the glorious burden included. not to mention saying "metal album of 2004" means pretty much nothing since its basically the only album to come out so far in 2004. Whatever, it doesnt really matter...i was just saying i like the new in flames more than a lot of the "metal" bands out there, even though its not metal really.

I will turn into category of people (if there is) who will not even bother to download this MCD. Uninspired and boring commercial music by all reviews...

I have slight hope for In Flames trademark "to surpries" to be integrated in STYE. Who knows maybe the whole purpose of this release is to say: "wtf?", as it was with Trigger EP release... If STYE fails to surprise me with good metal music, it's over to me.

There are better bands to look their albums forward: Sirenia, Asmegin, Finntroll, Norther, Cradle Of Filth (but I doubt that they will do better than even Midian), Dimmu, etc.

Is anyone willing to share the audio files so that i can tell you my opinion?
i am going to buy the single anyway but it would be interesting now!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I liked the song. But mabye that is the whole In Flames fan bias. It has a futuristic feel...like being on a space planet like Corrussant in Star Wars... :D

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I don't mean to sound like a dick but it's spelt Coruscant. heh...

Anyways, I just listened to the songs and I was so scared that they would suck serious ass.... and boy was I wrong. The Quiet Place is the weakest of the 3 tracks but it still kicks ass. I fucking love Touch of Red.