Quitting Internet forums

I should do this 'cause I have a 5-page paper in which I have to analyze and compare two Gnostic texts due on Tuesday, and a test to study for, and I haven't started either yet, and here I am talkin on RC as usual!

Haha. Actually I'm in the same fucked up boat. Gotta finish my packaging design assignment, write a client brief, do up a magazine cover, some advertising shitz, some font research... oh god, maybe I should quit too.

Ok so everyone has more work than me, but i'm still gonna complain. The texts I have to analyze are only like 3 pages long, and it's the same text in two translations and all I have to do is compare the techniques used to translate them from ancient Coptic or Greek or whatever they may be and decide which one I like better.

Gnosticism is so :kickass:

Meh, I just couldn't get over my professor's attitude in this introductory sociology class I had to take. That attitude was basically "since we have scientific method we are so much smarter than any other humans in history and therefore since they did not have scientific method anything they said or held belief in, can be dismissed as completely irrelevant, and/or idiotic"

Demonspell said:
psychology and philosophy's less interesting bastard child...

From reading about George Herbert Mead, it sounds like that's pretty much what it was. Pragmatist philosophy + behaviourist psychology + a bit of Darwinism.

MajestikMøøse said:
Meh, I just couldn't get over my professor's attitude in this introductory sociology class I had to take. That attitude was basically "since we have scientific method we are so much smarter than any other humans in history and therefore since they did not have scientific method anything they said or held belief in, can be dismissed as completely irrelevant, and/or idiotic"

Please don't let that sour you to a pretty interesting discipline? That was just one guy, and a complete moron. We all know how much there is that we can learn from the past.

MajestikMøøse said:
:erk:

MajestikMøøse said:
:( Ick. That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

lurch70 said:
you catching up in post counts to NAD ... so you better :loco:
seriously, at least i have a boring/easy job that i can blame about 15,000 of my posts on. :dopey:

either way, :wave: to you if you go away, :wave: if you come back. email once in awhile or something.

Cold fucking turkey.

ColdTurkeyPoster.jpg

:D