Ragnarokkr 2015 Wish List

I actually like the new singer better. Lots of energy live.

I wouldn't know how they are live. All i know is that i liked Brent Hubbard's voice better. Don't get me wrong, Jack is good, but Brent was had an awesome range and control over his voice. The Shocking It's Prey MLP is one my favorite slabs of metal i've ever heard, every song is top notch and never gets old to me. On the Edge just didn't do that to me, still a good album just nowhere near the level of MLP.

It's not IW's fault Paul Di'Anno sucks.

LOL - Yeah, the Di'Anno performance I saw with IW was ok.
People were down on it because IW themselves REALLY blew live.
You could tell their (former) singer did not give a damn at all.

The rest of the guys did a good job with the Maiden material.

I will gladly perform Martin era Sabbath tunes with Tony!!!!

LOL - Yeah, the Di'Anno performance I saw with IW was ok.
People were down on it because IW themselves REALLY blew live.
You could tell their (former) singer did not give a damn at all.

The rest of the guys did a good job with the Maiden material.

I will gladly perform Martin era Sabbath tunes with Tony!!!!

Really? IW has been great every time I've seen them.

Agony Column - oddball Texas thrash. Stuart Laurence is currently active in Ignitor, but occasionally gets Agony Column together for a reunion show.

Classic tune:

Recent footage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agony Column - oddball Texas thrash. Stuart Laurence is currently active in Ignitor, but occasionally gets Agony Column together for a reunion show.

Classic tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbPqAI_wFzY

Recent footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zICKvvolpdg

WOW!!!
Surprised anyone here even knows this band!!!!
They were extremely under the radar even when they were first active.

I saw these guys open for GWAR in the early 90s.

It was at a time when thrash was definitely on the decline.

Really? IW has been great every time I've seen them.

The first time I saw them (that I can recall, I may have seen them before somewhere) was when they were on tour with Trouble. They were great. But when they toured with Di'Anno, it was very obvious the singer didn't give a crap. Maybe he had issues that the other guys were in Di'Anno's band and getting more attention? I don't know. Either way he seemed like he was trying very hard to be a rock star and it came off as very egotistical. They did not go over well that night, and honestly they lost me as a fan. It's a shame because I thought their (then) new album Draw Down the Moon was solid (though different). Never bothered with them since.

honestly they lost me as a fan. It's a shame because I thought their (then) new album Draw Down the Moon was solid (though different). Never bothered with them since.

See, stuff like that won't prevent me from listening to a band. Will I see them live again? Probably not.

You're not missing much in terms of Icarus Witch. They went totally commercial on the last album with a singer who sounds like Paul Stanley.

See, stuff like that won't prevent me from listening to a band. Will I see them live again? Probably not.

You're not missing much in terms of Icarus Witch. They went totally commercial on the last album with a singer who sounds like Paul Stanley.

I am a major Paul fanboy, but I am still not interested....

Well, we are talking about Icarus Witch here Simon.
Barely a C Level US metal band...

Not worth investing in again after seeing a poor performance, but that's just me. Certain bands I can excuse from having an off night.

More bands I want for next years' lineup: Noble Beast, Twisted Tower Dire, Manimals, and House of Atreus. I think I've mentioned all of those bands before (one of them more than a few times) but thought I'd bring them up again.

More bands I want for next years' lineup: Noble Beast, Twisted Tower Dire, Manimals, and House of Atreus. I think I've mentioned all of those bands before (one of them more than a few times) but thought I'd bring them up again.

Manimals were asked to play this year and I think they couldn't do it. Can't remember if it was that or never got back.

Can we just get a DnD group on stage to play a campaign while we project the Lord of the Rings movies in the background with Summoning as the soundtrack instead of all this band bullshit?