Rank the Mr. V projects!

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I'm quite curious what the order of favorite to least favorite for everybody is:

1. Vintersorg
2. Waterclime (if this band keeps releasing stuff as good as The Astral Factor, it might overtake Vintersorg as my favorite Mr. V band)
3. Cronian
4. Borknagar
5. Fission
6. Otyg
7. Cosmic Death
8. Havayoth
9. Masticator

1. Vintersorg
2. Otyg
3. Borknagar
4. Waterclimb
5. Fission
6. Havayoth
7. Cosmic Death
8. Masticator
9. Cronian

1. OTYG (without a doubt the greatest band ever...seriously!)
2. Vintersorg (no comments)
3. Borknagar (Epic was a major improvement after Empiricism, but TAC is still their best)
4. Waterclime (really interesting stuff - I'm surprised I like it)
5. Cosmic Death (old-school fucking death without any talents rock!!!)
6. Cronian (haven't really heard that much)
7. Havayoth (embarrising lyrics, cool music for relaxation)
8. Masticator (hehe, see Cosmic Death)
9. Fission (boooring - except Eremiten)

All of the above IMHO

Quite euphoric, that's correct! ;)

I wouldn't like to enlist them in a certain order because every project or band has it's own stunning characteristics and some are even uncomparable. I could say that I like Havayoth the less though.

1. Vintersorg
2. Waterclime
3. Otyg
4. Borknagar
5. Fission

meh - I hate lists but I do them anyway.
Cronian sounds promising.

Draugen said:
3. Borknagar (Epic was a major improvement after Empiricism, but TAC is still their best)

All of the above IMHO

My god - Draugen where you have you been? I've havent seen you around here for ages.

On topic: I couldnt rank them, its too difficult. Vintersorg is a man of many trades and I think everything he puts his mind to works out well. This includes Fission - it took a while to really get into that album, but it's a good piece of work and fun.

Vintersorg
Borknagar
Fission
Waterclime

I haven't heard enough of Cronian and I've never heard Otyg or those other early projects.

Draugen said:

All of the above IMHO

I thought Epic was a let down after Empiricism(one of my top ten favorite cds of all time)

The Hubster said:
My god - Draugen where you have you been? I've havent seen you around here for ages.

Heh, I've been around... not very active though. I still don't have internet connection at home, so that's my excuse. :p

I like them all too much to rank them, plus I havent heard much of the later two projects (Waterclime, Cronian) yet (hard to get for me, though I will!)

1 Borknagar
2 Vintersorg
3 Cronian (well I only heard one song, but my guess is I will like it quite much)
4 Havayoth
5 Waterclime
6 Otyg

Nobody put Bork first?? I came to knowing MrV from Borknagar, and I was really impressed with Empiricism and Epic, and Quint... too. But it was a longer process to get into it, and when I heard Vintersorg it was easy to like...
But I consider Borknagar more interesting stuff, although I would like the singing/growling ratio to increase, then it would be perfect.

1 Vintersorg
2 Borknagar (obviously just talking about the last two albums) / Otyg
3 The rest

... that about takes care of it

If you're talking to me, I put "the rest" as #3 because I'm not a huge fan of the other projects when compared to Vintersorg or the current Borknagar. They're good, but just not my style... I don't feel the need to rank them.

1. Vintersorg/Borknagar
2. Waterclime
3. Cronian
4. Fission
5. Otyg

Cheers!

1.Otyg
2.Vintersorg
3.Borknagar
4.Fission
5.Cronian
6.Waterclime
7.Havayoth
8.Cosmic Death
9.Masticator

It was really hard to do and I'm still not sure if I ranked them correctly. Especially between Fission, Cronian and Waterclime. I haven't heard enough of Cronian yet.