Rap

rap is crap except for run dmc, the beastie boys, and a few of the independent rappers w/ talent.

And i utterly disagree about eminem being good......i just want to slaughter his soul.

i really like rap and expecially hip hop in theory...

but nowadays there is a lack of material in this movement

only money count...

my favourite rappers are:

-disposable heroes of hipoprisy(my all time favourite!)
-nwa(second favourite!)
-leaderz of the new school
-dela soul(old ones)
-jungle brothers(old ones)
-a tribe called quest
-lil' kim(yessss)
-fu schikenz
-beastie boys
-missy elliott(her ideas are great but her music is not really good)
-wu tang clan(expecially first one)

and a couple of others...

anyway someone say:

"...i'm still i'm still jennyfe lopa'"

...and who fuckin' cares biatch!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Board
I was a major hip hop head around 4-5 years ago and didn't listen to anything else. On Sunday I'll sell the last of my hip hop records & cd's I guess. Just doesn't do anything for me anymore I'm afraid! I think the reason why was because I started looking for the originals (99% of all hip hop is stolen from old records if you didn't know) and I quickly found out that the originals was much better than the rap versions. The rap stuff was just the same 4 seconds repeated over and over again while the originals had much, much more variations!

yes that is so true, i was also into hiphop bout 2 years ago, but after some time i realized that the songs that were really good were just great because the beat was good, that is, they had stolen some good part of another song, the lyrics just floated through my head a went out on the other side. nowadays it has nothing to offer me, there is music out there that is so much better and more exciting.

i dont mind rap talking about bitches n` hoes and G`s. it dosent talk to me as much as thier politic messeges dosent talk to me.
it`s all the same, cause i`m not living where they live. the early snoop n` dre albums are great to listen whilst driving. one band i really loved was ONYX. but i got over it.

I really don't like rap at all in general, as I can't stand how almost all of it is rich idiots talking about what "playas" they are and how many "bitches they fuck." But political rap and Eminem are tolerable in my opinion.

see, rap, like metal, has an underground completely appart from, and opposed to, the mainstream. undeground hip hop is more political than ever.

the sampling (stealing) factor is a great point. when my friends were all getting into NWA and shit, i was all about the samples and got into the funk which was being stolen. some of the people taking these samples and mixing them into something new have done some great work and have mastered it into its own craft. the fact remains, though, that when the drummer was hitting the drums and when the bassist was playing the bass, they were playing about something completely different.

i like it anyway when it's well done. to each his own.

there are some acts which have a band and a rapper. i really like rapping as a vocal style. Black Jack Johnson is an absolutely brilliant band (basically an allstar band) with a very good, smart, political rapper.

NP-Snoop Dogg - Murder Was the Case

Originally posted by metu

there are some acts which have a band and a rapper. i really like rapping as a vocal style. Black Jack Johnson is an absolutely brilliant band (basically an allstar band) with a very good, smart, political rapper.

yeah!

great!

and what a line up:

mos def,bernie worrell,guitarist from bad brains and will calhoun....

i can't wait the album!!!

:eek:

:D

Originally posted by metu
see, rap, like metal, has an underground completely appart from, and opposed to, the mainstream. undeground hip hop is more political than ever.

the sampling (stealing) factor is a great point. when my friends were all getting into NWA and shit, i was all about the samples and got into the funk which was being stolen. some of the people taking these samples and mixing them into something new have done some great work and have mastered it into its own craft. the fact remains, though, that when the drummer was hitting the drums and when the bassist was playing the bass, they were playing about something completely different.

i like it anyway when it's well done. to each his own.
If the music is made with samples I couldn't care less, as long as I like the music. It's not like a have a stupid prejudice or principle that if you use samples I will NEVER listen to your music. It's not like that if I hear a rap song/other song using samples on the radio and I go "Yeah! This is great" I then think "Aarrh, it sounds like it's just samples, so it's crap and I won't listen to it! NEVER!". No way, if the music sounds good, I'll listen to it. I listen to Burzum although Varg's a nazi punk and I don't like Nazi shit! A guy I know won't buy any Burzum shit because Varg is a nazi, although he thinks "Dunkelheit" is the best black metal song ever made! Procul Harum's "A whiter shade of pale" uses a chord progression from a Bach song, without crediting him, but still I think it's a fantastic song. They also play it themselves instead of just pushing record on their computer and putting the record on though! I think this is important if you're discussing musical talent (which we aren't, but still...). When I listened to nothing but rap I still though sampling was stupid, but I liked the music.
Bernie Worrell is in a rap band now? I must admit that no matter how much I like the P-Funk stuff from the 70's, their 90's work has been a dissapointment. Bootsy's "Straight outta P University" was just a bunch of rappers with beats stolen from Indeep and shit. If I wanted to hear that I would have bought a rap record, not a record by a funk pioneer.

Bernie Worrell is in a rap band now? I must admit that no matter how much I like the P-Funk stuff from the 70's, their 90's work has been a dissapointment. Bootsy's "Straight outta P University" was just a bunch of rappers with beats stolen from Indeep and shit. If I wanted to hear that I would have bought a rap record, not a record by a funk pioneer.

as always you don't know nothing and talk only because you have a tongue in mouth...

bernie worrell in the 90's doing really good works with bill laswell and buckethead and also in his albums pieces of woo and blacktronic science he use jungle brothers voices...

hip hop and rap are natural evolution of funk!

so shut the fuck up and write shorter post instead of these romances!

Originally posted by dimensionidol
as always you don't know nothing and talk only because you have a tongue in mouth...

bernie worrell in the 90's doing really good works with bill laswell and buckethead and also in his albums pieces of woo and blacktronic science he use jungle brothers voices...

hip hop and rap are natural evolution of funk!

so shut the fuck up and write shorter post instead of these romances!

No offense, but I must admit that I'm really getting tired of the stuff you write about my comments! Everytime I say something you'll always come with shit like "You don't know shit" and all that crap! So fucking what if rap is a "natural evolution of funk" - that doesn't make me wanna listen to it!!! I couldn't really care less for the Jungle Brothers. I have around 25-30 P-Funk records and I bought them for that bad-ass funk shit they made back in the days, not some stupid hip hop that are totally different from their old shit! So fucking what if I don't care for rap - that doesn't make me "don't know nothing"! Maybe his work with Buckethead and the other guy isn't rap shit, but the P-Funk stuff I've heard from the 90's was still a dissapointment nonetheless! It seams to me like they have to try to keep pace of the time and make hip, cool, smart music instead of just stuff like their 70's works. I for instance have Maceo Parker's "Dial Maceo" lp. I listened to it around 5-10 times and thought it was great, then threw it on the shelf and haven't listened to it for 2 years or something. This is of course just my opinion. If you want to listen to them with rappers on their stuff, you're welcome, just don't force me to praise it, 'cause I won't!

No offense, but I must admit that I'm really getting tired of the stuff you write about my comments! Everytime I say something you'll always come with shit like "You don't know shit" and all that crap! So fucking what if rap is a "natural evolution of funk" - that doesn't make me wanna listen to it!!! I couldn't really care less for the Jungle Brothers. I have around 25-30 P-Funk records and I bought them for that bad-ass funk shit they made back in the days, not some stupid hip hop that are totally different from their old shit! So fucking what if I don't care for rap - that doesn't make me "don't know nothing"! Maybe his work with Buckethead and the other guy isn't rap shit, but the P-Funk stuff I've heard from the 90's was still a dissapointment nonetheless! It seams to me like they have to try to keep pace of the time and make hip, cool, smart music instead of just stuff like their 70's works. I for instance have Maceo Parker's "Dial Maceo" lp. I listened to it around 5-10 times and thought it was great, then threw it on the shelf and haven't listened to it for 2 years or something. This is of course just my opinion. If you want to listen to them with rappers on their stuff, you're welcome, just don't force me to praise it, 'cause I won't!

as always....

a romance!!!

:lol: :lol:

:p

heheh. ok. i'm glad to find a couple of funk fans, anyway.

Black Jack Johnson is awesome. you can check out some of their live stuff here. http://www.mosdefinitely.com/main.htm

Bootsy's New Rubber Band did some great stuff in the 90s along with Bernie and my man Eddie Hazel. also, i saw the poorly named P-Funk Allstars twice in the 90s and they were great.

however, i bought a P-Funk record which was just a piss poor rap disk and i was very disappointed indeed. it would be one thing if it was the best rap cd i ever bought, but it was shit.