Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

I'm gonna be inclined to disagree, the feeling and mood of the Half-Life world is always enough for me, even when the gameplay is not as up to snuff as usual (Op For, blue Shift,) but I understand where you're coming from COMPLETELY. That part in the parking garage thing where you have to cover the antlion holes with cars always annoyed me.

Aside from that massive bug (and subsequent HUGE panic and HUGE anger >:{ that followed) I have been really enjoying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Those games remind me why I play video games in the first place. What a pure and beautiful representation of escapism. Being transported to other realms, other times and places, living out other lives vicariously and taking their experiences on as your own.

I hear there's like.. Zero exp from killing mobs?
Way to shoot themselves in the foot.
MMO's are all about choice. Say you wanna go around the streets killin' trash mobs cos GODDAMNIT YOU'RE A SUPERHERO and wanna clean up the streets, that'd mean there's zero incentive to do so besides roleplay.

But yeah, I hear aside from a few silly design choices it's real fun. Ever play City of Heroes? Game was a ton of fun.

Yeah, the mood is what gets me.....especially back in black mesa..
Also i haven't really played episode 1 in a couple of years, and you just reminded me of that antlion level, FUCK THAT

HL2 and the episodes are my pick for hands down best game(s) ever.

Rescued my AC:B save. Got lucky enough to get the one game breaking bug with a work-around...

What's the game breaking bug in ACB? I played AC2 and my save got fucked when I was super close to the platinum , so that really pissed me off.

Yes best games ever period.
Maybe Turrican II can compete. But the story /acting of HL2 is top notch
I can't wait for half life 3 .... is coming ....is coming my friends
And I hope it will be the best game ever conceived by men

Sadly, Half-Life 3 wont be out for a few years.
Episode 3 is supposed to be released late 2011/early 2012 from internal rumors though. :)

VALVE TIME. IT'S REAL.

And the bug I got in ACB, Jay, is you know the point where you've got to destroy the first of Leonardo's war machines, there's the exclamation mark on the map to show you that's where you start the mission, right? I couldn't get there, because the de-sync wall that shouldn't have been there, WAS. Luckily there was a point in the wall where I could get through, but it took a few hours of googling to find ONE post stating this.

I loved HL2 and it's EPs, but Half-Life 1 is to me, hands down, one of the best games ever. The atmosphere, the storyline, everything about it was fucking perfect, I spent hours and hours playing HL1, deathmatch, Team Fortress, CS, and every single MOD that was available that was good, like Vampire Slayer, that was a fucking awesome MOD, etc etc... HL just fucking rules

VALVE TIME. IT'S REAL.

And the bug I got in ACB, Jay, is you know the point where you've got to destroy the first of Leonardo's war machines, there's the exclamation mark on the map to show you that's where you start the mission, right? I couldn't get there, because the de-sync wall that shouldn't have been there, WAS. Luckily there was a point in the wall where I could get through, but it took a few hours of googling to find ONE post stating this.

Ah ok , I haven't run into that one yet.

WTF, how incompetent/lazy are these guys?

From what i've heard EP3 is going to be twice as long as the original Half-Life 2, so i guess its allot of work.. and its supposed to be the "grand finale" of this Half-Life setting.
I would think that Half-Life 3 will be as different from Half-Life 2 as it was from the first one.
Still pretty long development time though(Considering that they already have a finished engine and shitload of models and textures to work with.).

I take it you never played HL 1 or 2 when they came out?
Valve create fucking mindblowing/game-changing :)D pun) engines

The GoldSRC(Half-Life 1 engine.) was based heavily on the Quake 1 engine, with the lighting and texturing part coming from Quake 2.
And the only thing that was new or "unique" was the fact that they used skeletal animation and the shader that stretches a texture depending on the viewing angle(Which i cant remember the name of.. used on Barneys helmet for instance.).
So i wouldn't call the GoldSRC groundbreaking in any way, even though the game it self had superb storytelling for its time(They basically invented how it should be presented for the FPS-genre.). :)

The Source engine however was groundbreaking, it would have been even more groundbreaking if they managed to release it when it should have.

They did originally say that, but what it meant was that the episodes were the priorities at that time. I'm pretty sure they have more or less confirmed that HL3 is in development.

About the HL1 engine, it was pretty insane for me, I was only about 7 years old when it came out, and played it a year or so after. It was one of my first FPS's :)

Valve have stated before that the Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are the equivalent of "Half-life 3".
I'm pretty sure Episode 3 will be the end of the whole thing.

Not from what I've heard. ;)

They did originally say that, but what it meant was that the episodes were the priorities at that time. I'm pretty sure they have more or less confirmed that HL3 is in development.

About the HL1 engine, it was pretty insane for me, I was only about 7 years old when it came out, and played it a year or so after. It was one of my first FPS's :)

They released a vague statement that implied that Half-Life 3 will be released in the future.. but i "know" a few guys on the team that basically confirmed it. :)

Completely understandable, but remember that this nice little game was released a few months before:

Techworks2.19-640.JPG

;)

I hear there's like.. Zero exp from killing mobs?
Way to shoot themselves in the foot.
MMO's are all about choice. Say you wanna go around the streets killin' trash mobs cos GODDAMNIT YOU'RE A SUPERHERO and wanna clean up the streets, that'd mean there's zero incentive to do so besides roleplay.

But yeah, I hear aside from a few silly design choices it's real fun. Ever play City of Heroes? Game was a ton of fun.

You get XP from mobs, but its very low.. So grinding is for once not the way to go hehe.

But yeah I get your point.. Sony is very focused on that you actual follow the story (Like you cant abandon quests) and reward you for stuff where you play a major part in making the citys a better/worse place.

As im progressing in the game I find I enjoy it more and more as time goes by (and getting more and more sucked into the DC comic universe).. And considering its brand new I think they had a awesome launch and im sure they will fix current critical flaws in the next few patches.

Nope never did play CoH, don't really know why.. but I heard it was good, and people migrating from it seems to have a good time in DCUO.