Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

Papers, Please

9/10

For an indie game made in a pixelated style, this really conveys a lot of emotion. You really get to feel like you're actually doing the work you're doing in the game, yet it's not becoming repetitive. If you enjoy finding contradictions (or discrepancies as the game describes), you will simply LOVE IT. The story is also extremely good and you will be amazed as to how much there is to the game itself.

If you're an indie game fan, play it.

Batman Arkham Origins 8/10
Docked points simply because it's mostly exactly the same as the other Batman Arkham games, which is great!

Battlefield 4 - 9/10
Finally some more destruction, I really like the Flood Zone map where most of the combat is on rooftops.
Almost every class has access to C4, which makes the game much more tolerable since everyone has an anti-vehicle option.

I really wish this would have just been add on content or updates for BF3 instead of a new game, but i'm addicted to the series and totally dropped $100+ for premium etc.

If you liked BF3, you will like this. If you like COD, just play BF4's faster modes, like Team Deathmatch or Domination etc..

^all my games are on PC by the way

League Of Legends: The community is terrible and everything is YOUR fault. Jesus christ why do I even try..

Well but a great story doesnt make a good game. The game looks good and the visuals are quite well done but there is no excitement at all, the interaction with the levels is quite tedious, the enemies very uninteresting.

I know that my opinion is not shared by most of people but I found the game really overrated.

My view on Bioshock: Infinite (no spoilers):
  • Standard A4 hallway/arena shooter
Entire game consists of you walking through a hallway, finding items, you get into an "arena" (big open space), music starts playing, waves of bad guys appear, music stops, then another hallway and repeat. Just like any COD title. Nothing special.
  • The entire story gets dumped in your face in the last 10 minutes
And because of this I didn't get the ending at all and had to spend hours looking at forum explanations and charts trying to make sense of it. Still makes my brain hurt just thinking about it. Maybe i'm just stupid but I found the story way over-complicated, 3deep5me.

+ lots of small things that annoyed me. Over-rated indeed.

GTA V - 9,5/10

Absolutery wonderful. Took me some time to get into this game but then everything started clicking. And the online is almost perfect. Some annoying missions that gibe you way too little money for the trouble, but overall it's really addictive.

Shadows-of-the-empire-cover1.jpg

9/10 Nostalgic and fun!

^Great game - I had a Dash Rendar figure when I was a kid!

Also agree with GTA V and LoL statements above.

Recently reviewed Gran Turismo 6, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Walking Dead S2 Ep 1, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Amazing Spider-Man for Vita, and SoulCalibur 2 HD Online - all cool games.

Oh yeah, I bought Batman Arkham Origins, played about an hour so far, enjoying it. Don't understand all the hate it was getting.

Battlefield 4: 4/10 The game itself could have been amazing, but it's terribly optimized and laggy, the hitboxes and hit detection is completely off, there's massive server-side delay (about 300ms added by the server while processing player movements, shots and stuff), unfinished game mechanics, unbalanced weapons (Anti-air tank OP, designated marksman rifles suck, etc) and TONS of bugs. Other than that, it's just a massive Call of Duty ripoff (they added game modes straight from COD) and it's turned a fast shooter with tons of noob-friendly features that totally kill the original feeling of a Battlefield title. Also fucking expensive for a game that feels like closed beta. And all of that because EA made the developers push it out the door months before it was ready just to beat Activision by releasing it 2 weeks before COD: Ghosts and by that way steal some christmas sales. Disgusting.

DayZ Standalone early access: 7/10 Although the interface is a bit sluggish, it's still an alpha, so It's kinda empty: only 4 guns are implemented so far (a bolt action rifle, a very inaccurate M4A1, an FN45 pistol and a .357 Magnum). You can customize the weapons with different parts you loot either from military bases or other players. No vehicles yet and tons of bugs too, but in a different way than BF4 (it's an alpha). Lots of fun, but lots of "just running and running around". The survival aspect of the game is really what it makes it stand apart from the rest of shooters out there. I can't wait to see what it ends up being like when they implement all the cool shit.

Planetside 2: 9/10 I'm loving this one. Took a while for them to properly optimize the game and give it some polish, but it's a free to play massively multiplayer online shooter. It's like a massive battlefield with hundreds of people fighting for bases. It is kind of Conquest mode in Battlefield. It works nicely, feels snappy, I haven't seen any bug at all yet, there's tons of noobs, super long range engagements as well as close quarters fights. Very fun to play although I don't really like the gun aesthetics that much (I prefer when they model weapons that actually exist).

Minecraft: 9/10 The most addictive game I've played in my life. Whenever I feel like procrastinating for hours I just open my survival world and I always find something to do. It looks like shit, but is such a complex and endless game that is crazy good. I have to admit, though, that it can get pretty boring if you are new to it. I recommend watching some youtube videos about the game to follow along and get on track on the fun stuff before you start hating it.

NFS Most Wanted: 9/10
Fast paced with great graphics. Rather than join races I enjoy smashing the hell out of cop cars while driving the Atom500, being chased up to 50000 points without getting caught, then jumping into the L train tracks to lose them. Also just crashing a lot of cars and create a traffic jam haha

Man, I happen to have installed Deus Ex yesterday lol
However, it's unplayable, the graphics are washed out it's ugly.
Had a great time playing it 12 years ago

Planetside 2: 9/10 I'm loving this one. Took a while for them to properly optimize the game and give it some polish, but it's a free to play massively multiplayer online shooter. It's like a massive battlefield with hundreds of people fighting for bases. It is kind of Conquest mode in Battlefield. It works nicely, feels snappy, I haven't seen any bug at all yet, there's tons of noobs, super long range engagements as well as close quarters fights. Very fun to play although I don't really like the gun aesthetics that much (I prefer when they model weapons that actually exist).

FINALLY someone else who plays this! I've been super addicted to it. Like the amount of hours I played is actually just about embarrassing. Takes a while to really unlock mods and stuff, but it is awesome fun when you have a platoon of 48 guys doing Galaxy drops into bases and huge armor columns treking into enemy areas.

What faction are you? NC here.....

FINALLY someone else who plays this! I've been super addicted to it. Like the amount of hours I played is actually just about embarrassing. Takes a while to really unlock mods and stuff, but it is awesome fun when you have a platoon of 48 guys doing Galaxy drops into bases and huge armor columns treking into enemy areas.

What faction are you? NC here.....

hahaha weird, i've been playing this pretty hard this past month or so. it's kinda fun but can be a huge time suck.