RAVEN North American Tour 2010

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Oh hell yea!!!! Trad metal on the rise in the States suckas!!!! :headbang::kickass:

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will play a very limited number of North American dates in support of its new album, "Walk Through Fire".

The details are as follows:

Sep. 10 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD
Sep. 11 - Gill's - Virginia Beach, VA
Sep. 12 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
Sep. 16 - Wreck Room - Toronto, ON
Sep. 17 - Peabodys - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 18 - The Abbey Pub - Chicago, ILL
Sep. 19 - Blondies - Detroit, MI
Oct. 01 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Oct. 02 - Red Room - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 03 - Peters Room - Portland, OR
Oct. 22 - Trees - Dallas, TX
Oct. 23 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
Oct. 24 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, TX

The undisputed kings of Athletic Rock!!!!!!!!!
Sweet jeebus.....I would LOVE to see this band live. Raven is one of my all-time faves.....one of the most unique bands in all of metal history. You can pretty much find sound-a-like bands for every major band out there, but not Raven.....no one has ever sounded like them before them, and no one since has captured the frenetic energy and excitement that this band brings.

Oh hell yea!!!! Trad metal on the rise in the States suckas!!!! :headbang::kickass:

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will play a very limited number of North American dates in support of its new album, "Walk Through Fire".

The details are as follows:

Sep. 10 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD
Sep. 11 - Gill's - Virginia Beach, VA
Sep. 12 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
Sep. 16 - Wreck Room - Toronto, ON
Sep. 17 - Peabodys - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 18 - The Abbey Pub - Chicago, IL
Sep. 19 - Blondies - Detroit, MI
Oct. 01 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Oct. 02 - Red Room - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 03 - Peters Room - Portland, OR
Oct. 22 - Trees - Dallas, TX
Oct. 23 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
Oct. 24 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, TX

Know anything about the Abbey Pub, Jason?

Saw Raven years ago with Slayer and Wasp. They were great and I would love to see them again!

Saw Raven a few years ago with Jag Panzer and Rob Rock. They slayed... I would encourage everyone that can go to do so. :headbang:

Was that at the Sun n' Steel metal fest? I saw that show and had no idea who Raven was before it. They won me over. It seems like every band I went to see was outdone by bands I had, at the time, not even heard of.

Was that at the Sun n' Steel metal fest? I saw that show and had no idea who Raven was before it. They won me over. It seems like every band I went to see was outdone by bands I had, at the time, not even heard of.

That was the one. Great time wasn't it?

Was Testament there as well? My memory fails me.

Not in clothing or hair style tho.............. :lol:

I am glad RAVEN got the thrash out of their system, as that is not what they do best.

Bwah?????? "Faster Than the Speed of Light"? "Tyrant of the Airwaves"? "Live at the Inferno"? These guys were fore-runners of thrash. They've always been rooted in insanely fast, chaotic metal......proto-thrash and Raven go hand in hand.

I don't recall ever hearing any songs from this band. Most of you by now know my taste. With that said, should I move on or is there some recommendations? :kickass:

~Brian~

They sound like no one else....great musicianship, but kinda spastic with vocals that sound like the bands name; John Gallagher sounds like a crazed raven, or a crow gone nuts. They sound NOTHING like Savatage. I don't think you'd like them, but if you want to give a listen to one of metals most unique bands, I would go with some of their early releases.....Wiped Out, Rock Until You Drop, All for One. Their EP, Mad and Life's A Bitch are cool too.