RC March Madness - The Finals (votes needed)

I like Agalloch a lot, but over Bathory? No way.

Like I said, even the Agalloch boys would be calling those individuals gay.

lurch70 said:
if Agalloch wins ... I will not consider this forum metal any longer :tickled:

Yep. Jayk might as well throw all those metal promos away and start reviewing all the metalcore promos he receives and RC should become part of the promotional team for Abacus Records.

I would've even voted Bathory over Iron Maiden, so Agalloch = no contest. I have to admit, though, Agalloch are a pretty damn sweet band, but in my mind, no band that only has two albums on their backs could ever compete with the grand masters of METAL!

"Pale Folklore" is timeless, I mean I sense it even now... No WAY I will have forgotten that in 5 years. It's one of those albums that take my breath away every time I listen to it. It's not as INVENTIVE or IMPORTANT as "Hammerheart", but it's amazing, timeless, a milestone of the genre, etc. It's very difficult to praise PF too much.

J. said:
The gayness in this thread is running rampant. Next thing you know we'll all be playing grab-ass to the tunes of The Mantle.

Dude, WILL YOU PLEASE QUIT YOUR WHINING?????? You want Bathory to beat Agalloch. WE GET IT!!

Some of us like Agalloch better than Bathory. Do you get that?

It doesn't matter how many times you call the board or the people who vote for Agalloch gay, voting for who you like better does not give you the right to label someone for their taste in music. It is the right of everyone who participates in this completely subjective, "fun" project where the results mean absolutely squat in the grand scheme of things. You can still go worshipping Bathory or whatever other bands you like and also go praising Bathory with others who feel the same way. Good for you.

If Agalloch beats Bathory it will not mean that Bathory are worse than Agalloch to your own ears.

Stop acting like this little fun project has some gradiose, deep meaning.

Sheesh.

Dark One said:
Dude, WILL YOU PLEASE QUIT YOUR WHINING?????? You want Bathory to beat Agalloch. WE GET IT!!

Some of us like Agalloch better than Bathory. Do you get that?

It doesn't matter how many times you call the board or the people who vote for Agalloch gay, voting for who you like better does not give you the right to label someone for their taste in music. It is the right of everyone who participates in this completely subjective, "fun" project where the results mean absolutely squat in the grand scheme of things. You can still go worshipping Bathory or whatever other bands you like and also go praising Bathory with others who feel the same way. Good for you.

If Agalloch beats Bathory it will not mean that Bathory are worse than Agalloch to your own ears.

Stop acting like this little fun project has some gradiose, deep meaning.

Sheesh.

Wow, some people......

After every post, I'll be sure to try to use "IMO" or use a smilie so your feeble brain will be able to understand that some things are sarcasm.

Do you get it? Or do I need to use a smilie?

This of course is all IMO. Is there a special smilie so Dark One will get this? You know, a smilie for "Dumbass"?

Erik said:
"Pale Folklore" is timeless, I mean I sense it even now... No WAY I will have forgotten that in 5 years. It's one of those albums that take my breath away every time I listen to it. It's not as INVENTIVE or IMPORTANT as "Hammerheart", but it's amazing, timeless, a milestone of the genre, etc. It's very difficult to praise PF too much.

But it's still just... you know... one album.

Dark One said:
Really? In what way?

Well, in this thread for example. I use the word "gay" twice, while many others used it as well, and you chose to single me out. Way to go, you're my fucking hero.

IMO. :err:

If you're a homo, and "gay" offends you, let me know and I'll use "fag".

AGALLOCH!!!!!!!

But I really don't give a shit since all my fave bands are already out of the tournament. :lol:

Yep, fuck this peer pressure. I'm voting for the band I like more. Pretty simple really. :tickled:

Plus, I go out of my way to collect EVERYTHING Agalloch have ever released including my extra special shirt. Meanwhile, I think I own 4 Bathory albums.

Erik - your logic to vote Bathory over Agalloch is flawed, simply because of the logic you used to vote Agalloch over Maiden. Does not compute!!!! Get back to Windows o/s. :loco:

J. said:
Well, in this thread for example. I use the word "gay" twice, while many others used it as well, and you chose to single me out. Way to go, you're my fucking hero.

No, no, no - you indicated "for a while". And I'd like to know in what way?

I had a problem in this thread with the one post you made that, while sarcastic, was nonetheless a put down of people that chose, through no fault of their own, to vote for Agalloch.

This round is bullshit by the way. I think it should be restarted before we go further with one mandatory rule:

Just let people vote without comment on who they vote for. The entire thread should contain nothing but votes for the bands.

Seems to me as if people are being bullied into voting for Bathory.